Chapter 1

In Blue Water

 

“Yaah! Byun Baekhyun! If I see that you’re still on your computer at 10:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning, I’m gonna kill you!”

 

! My mom’s coming to check up on me!

 

Baekhyun immediately went AFK in his game, turned off his computer monitor, and pretended to sleep on his bed. Whenever he got caught playing his game for too long, he would have to listen to his mom lecture him about how bad it was for him. His mom’s footsteps could be heard as she walked up the stairs slowly. Her slippers brushed against each step of the hardwood floor causing Baekhyun to start sweating droplets. The door knob to his room squeaked as it turned. Baekhyun’s heart beat faster with every squeak he heard. His stomach felt like it was twisting inside of him as his mom slipped into his room. Baekhyun’s ears ringed at each step she took.

 

“Byun Baekhyun! You must think your mother is a fool if you think you can fool her like that!”

 

Her voice rung throughout Baekhyun’s body. His whole body stiffened at her words and he couldn’t move. His mom clicked her tongue and headed towards his computer. She the monitor and Baekhyun could hear the sound of his game spreading around his bedroom.

 

Okay…now I’m dead.

 

A painful feeling started forming on his left ear. Soon enough, he noticed that his mom was pulling his ear.

 

“Pulling another all-nighter?! You’re dead now! No more games for you for a month!”

 

“Whaaaat?! I can’t live without my games!” Baekhyun shouted towards his mom, “You can’t do this to me!!!”

Not being able to play his games was the same as death to him. There was never a day where he didn’t play his games ever since he got his first game, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. His mom pulled harder on his ear until he finally agreed with her.

 

He rubbed his red and pained ear while giving his mom his puppy eyes.

 

“Your mother isn’t stupid enough to continue to fall for those anymore. It stopped working when you were in the fourth grade. Instead of playing your computer games, go spend some time with your friends. I haven’t seen you go out with them for a long time now.”

 

Baekhyun sighed and nodded as his mom left his room. He looked around his bedroom for his phone and found it lying under his desk. Dragging his legs, he made his way towards his desk and picked up the phone. He stared at his phone for a few seconds, giving it the look like he’s never seen or used one before. After staring at it for a while he dialed a number and held the phone to his ear, waiting for the other person to pick up.

 

“Ah, Baekhyun, that’s a first. Why are you calling me when you could be talking to me over the game?”

 

“Sehun-ah, I’m coming over to your house…I’ll explain everything when I get there.”

 

“Aah, okay. Luhan-hyung and Kai are here right now too.” said Sehun, talking over the phone with his lisp.

 

Baekhyun hung up and let out an even louder sigh.

 

With Kai and Luhan-hyung over at Sehun’s house already that means that I won’t have a computer to use T.T

 

As usual, Baekhyun is only worrying about whether he is able to play his game or not.