` ( ❊ chapter one ) `

` ( ❊ My First Love )

misfortunes

chapter one


 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

 

jaehwa's pov

I can not believe this right now. My whole face is red from a misfortune that happened an hour ago. But what happened may just scar me for life.
Back up my day 2 hours ago when I was at lunch. The seats were just about full yet there was one all the way in the corner of the fancy designed cafeteria - by the trashcans. "Aigo, hurry up Hwayoung. This is already embarassing!" I scolded my best friend, as we rushed into the dim lighted area. All the girls were giggling about a fight that occured that day. I say it, and I must say.. it wasn't even a fight.
"This is embarassing to you? Yah.. remember when you throw up during your speech last year? That was embarassing!" She snickered before realizing the seriousness of my state. "Um.. no. Not funny." I sighed as we sat down. "I wanna be taken seriously for once in a while. Whats wrong with that? I'm a Korean human, just like everyone else in here! But I'm seen like some goddess, just because I'm smart. Tch.." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. The food presented in front of me was the same as any other day. I didn't really crave it despite my petite body and my coaches rules to eat more and less and more and less. I love them but damn.
"Don't think that way, Jaehwa. Be confident in yourself. Smile. To the least of it, you're young and yet experienced. And the fact that you do have brains puts you at an advantage than everyone. So now that this subject is covered, what are you doing next week?" She asked me, digging into her rice.
I couldn't do anything but rest my head on the table. My brains did put me at some advantage, so she was right about that. But is being experienced really helpful? I mean, my life is pretty bland behind my busy schedule. As much as some other girls would love to be me, I just don't understand their logic. Its confusing. I work, work, work, and do more work 24/7 with no breaks or rest. Which explains the black rings that formed under my eyes - but I cover it up with makeup - just a few weeks ago. I mumbled against my smell good cardigan. "Nothing.. My coaches and school gave me some time off to clear my head for upcoming competitions and tests. Thank you, Lord." I sighed, my breath hot against my skin.
"Good! Come this party. Its the year end party next Friday. You know.. at Ryu Taebaek's house!" She practically squealed aloud. I love Hwayoung to death, but no. It wasn't gonna happen, no matter how good it sounds. She always tries her best but she ends up with a sad, pouty face. "No Hwayoung. I'm not going. You know that, so why bother eh?" I groaned, sitting up.
"Please? I need someone there with me. It'd be so rude if my best friend didn't show up. Come on, its the nearing the end of the school year and it will not be the same without you at this party. Join me.. please?" There she goes again, spitting her Guru knowledge on me. She knows me so well..
"Fine," I simply replied. "I'll go, under one condition.. You're driving. My legs are sore." I chuckled, standing up from my seat. My day could not have gone any better because once I was in the middle of the cafeteria, a group of girls come rushing in and knocking me over. And guess where the food landed? All over me. I guess being a 'goddess' has it unlucky moments. And this was mine. I wasn't no longer ashamed, I guess. I became immune to the laughs and taunts of the other teenagers who leads a perfectly normal life.
This is just another misfortune.
 

 

author's note

aigo, this is pretty short. but i hope you enjoy it.
it was kind of last minute. this whole story was.
i plotted it while typing and i guess its good enough.
this chapter is short but simple enough, because i will have
to get off soon anyways! remind me to update
and crap. leave comments, subcribe, and upvote! <3