Untitled 001

Untitled 001

Myungsoo lay still in the pitch black, eyes sore from his constant rubbing as he wiped away the tears that flowed fast and hot down his face. The dorm was silent, nothing heard except for the odd rumble of a car engine as it drove past. Sungjong's giggles accompanied with Woohyun deep whispers had long died down. Myungsoo blinked rapidly in an attempt to prevent any tears that threatened fall as his thoughts traveled in to the past, but it seemed he had exhausted all his tears.

Was that even possible? He thought to himself bitterly.


"L hyung, let go!" Sungjong said in an undertone as he tried to free himself from Myungsoo's tight hold.

"Not before you listen to me."

"I've already heard enough from you. I don't need to hear anything else." He pulled away, stronger this time managing to free his small wrist. Myungsoo wasn't going to give up so easily, not after the several failed attempts of trying get Sungjong alone with him so he grabbed the younger again, this time by the shoulders, pushing him hard against the wall of the deserted corridor. A small gasp of pain escaped Sungjong's lips as he squeezed his eyes shut. Immediately Myungsoo regretted his actions and loosened his hold.

"Sungjong, just hear me through," there was a hint of desperation in his voice. Sungjong didn't say anything but stared at the wall behind his hyung's head, "I've already confessed my feelings to you.. you know how I feel -"

Myungsoo begins before Sungjong, now staring straight at him, cuts in, "And you know how I feel! I don't share the same feelings as you hyung. I thought you would've got the hint by now. I fail to understand why you fail to understand! Just stop thinking about me like that!"

Myungsoo feels like he just got punched in the face. They stood there for a good minute, neither one of them breaking the stare. He gulped back his tears. 

"Sungjong... please." He says in less than a whisper. Sungjong pushes Myungsoo's hands off him and they fall limply by his side.
He doesn't stop Sungjong from leaving this time.

Myungsoo slowly sinks to his knees, still in shock. Why was he shocked? He knew that the maknae didn't have any feelings towards him so then why does he feel like he's just ran miles on an empty stomach in the rain on a cold winter night? Perhaps it was due to the harsh blunt words that cut through Myungsoo's heart so mercilessly.

On previous occasions when the elder had somehow luckily cornered him,  he received nothing more than a cold shoulder and the silent treatment for a few days but that was all and soon everything would return back to normal. Myungsoo initially thought that the lack of response was simply due the younger being shy.

Not much later he started seeing another reason to Sungjong's hostile bahaviour everytime Myungsoo attempted to get close to him; Nam Woohyun. 

I should have known He thinks to himself bitterly and mentally kicks himself.

He should have seen how Woohyun's greasy hearts were not only thrown at Inspirits but also towards the maknae. How they would always sit closely in the car, sharing headphones and laughs. How they would exchange secret whispers in the background on Music Shows and how Woohyun increased the amount of fanservice he did with Sungjong. 

It was so obvious! Why is it that their relationship only became apparent to him after the clear rejection from Sungjong. How could he miss the backstage actions? Woohyun's stealing kisses from Sungjong when he thought nobody was watching. Their secret dates with the story that he was "treating the maknae" or that they were grocery shopping. How could he have been so blind to it all?

And then there was the announcement just earlier this day.

Sungjong was bright red and attempted to hide behind Woohyun who was grinning proudly, holding Sungjong's hand tightly, preventing the younger from escaping. 

"About time! We were wondering when you'd finally decide to spill the beans."
"Don't make too much noise at night! I need my beauty sleep."
"Sungjong, you can do a lot better than that grease."
"As long as you don't get too touchy while I'm in the room, I'm fine with your relationship."

The members all laughed and poked fun at them, not noticing Myungsoo leave silently. 

He didn't return back to the dorm till after 1am.


A sudden loud snore emitting from Sunngyu pushed Myungsoo back to reality.

Faint rays of light could be seen though the small gaps in the curtains. They had an early schedule and would soon be waking up. No doubt, Myungsoo would have dark shadows under his eyes. Maybe, just maybe he could try and scavenge at least half an hour of sleep...? It was stupid but he tried anyway, closing his tired eyes and breathing deeply ....

"Ya! Myungsoo!" Myungsoo slowly opened his eyes. The blurred outline of Sunggyu's face gradually coming in to focus. The leader had, once again, dragged him back to reality but this time it was away from a blissful place deep within his imagination. A place where Woohyun didn't exist and it was just him and Sungjong. A Sungjong that loved him unconditionally...

"Don't you dare close your eyes again!" Sunggyu started poking him after throwing the blankets off of him, "I know you're a deep sleeper but there's no way you're worse than Dongwoo. Quick, get out and have some breakfast. Schedule starts in a couple of hours and we still need to do hair and makeup. Everyone's already eating." And with a final pat on his thigh the leader left.

There was no way Myungsoo could get out of bed. He felt lethargic and his head felt like it was going to drop off. Nevertheless he reluctantly dragged himself to the table where the rest of the members were.

"Finally, the prince awakens~!" Sungyeol yells and bounced up to him, hooking one arm around his neck and the other trying to force a piece of toast through a closed mouth.

Myungsoo tries to push him away weakly only to have Sungyeol tighten then hold and continue forcing the toast.

"Sungyeol-ah, leave him alone," Dongwoo says in a concerned tone. He walked up to him as Sungyeol backed off, "Myungsoo, you 'kay? You're eyes are pink and you have dark shadows. Didn't you get any sleep?"

"It's okay hyung, nothing some makeup can't fix." He says in a light tone with a failed attempt at a smile and walks past to sit down in the only seat that's not taken... opposite Sungjong who was determinedly staring at his plate. There was moments silence as the member's eyed Myungsoo cautiously before the general chatter started up again. Woohyun lifts Sungong's head up by the chin and feeds the younger from his spoon. A soft smile graces his face as they share a small kiss.

Myungsoo feels like he's going to be sick.