The Reason Why

The Reason Why

 

+

A ruffle on his head successfully messes up his hair. Kyuhyun doesn’t protest, though. Sungmin raises his eyebrows when all Kyuhyun does was smile sweetly up at him from where he is currently seated (in front of his laptop, where else?).

“Kyuhyunnie, are you sick?” Sungmin asks, his hand slides down from the top of Kyuhyun’s head to said person’s forehead to feel his temperature. Kyuhyun usually swats his hand away or protests about his ruined hairdo every time Sungmin ruffles his hair. What’s different about today?

“I’m fine, Sungmin hyung,” Kyuhyun answers, that sweet smile is still there.

“Oookay,” Sungmin says, retracting his hand cautiously. “You’re… strange today, Kyu. Anyway, I’m going now. See you later tonight.” Sungmin has one foot over the threshold but Kyuhyun’s next words stops him.

“Hyung, don’t you ever wonder why we’re so compatible with each other?” Kyuhyun asks, out of nowhere.

Sungmin turns around, one hand holding the door knob, the other hand flies up to scratch his not-itchy neck. “Um,” he muses, “because I like you and you like me and we like each other?”

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes at that vague answer. “Not that,” he says, “I have a theory.”

“What is it?” Sungmin closes the door and sits back on the edge of his bed, paying close attention to the theory Kyuhyun is about to explain.

“You see, you have a younger brother,”

“Thank you for stating the fact. Yes, I can see that I have a younger brother. His name is Sungjin. And you’ve met him a million times already. So what?” Sungmin folds his arms in front of his chest, raising his eyebrows yet again at Kyuhyun’s so-called theory.

“Listen first, Hyung. You have a younger brother, I have an older sister. Sungjin is around my age and Ahra noona is around your age. We both live in the dorm, we both miss our siblings. We share a room for years like we’re family. You spoil me a lot and I love being spoiled by you. Don’t you see what I’m talking about, Hyung?”

Sungmin blinks, wondering if Kyuhyun means what he means.

And then Kyuhyun shows him that sweet smile yet again, and this time Sungmin melts at the sight of it.

“Aaww, Kyuhyunnie,” Sungmin coos, standing up and dragging Kyuhyun up from his chair to hug him tight, “You’re so sweet. Yes, I consider you my family, too, Kyu.” Kyuhyun hugs back and that action just makes Sungmin happier. “You’re like my little brother, Kyu, you’re right. So were you trying to say that I’m like a big brother to you? Aaaw . . . .”

Kyuhyun releases his hug, grabs both of Sungmin’s arms and stares at him with a very serious look that makes Sungmin gulp nervously.

“See, Hyung, that’s where you get it wrong.”

“Huh?”

“You’re like my older sister, Sungmin noona,” Kyuhyun smirks, his sweet innocent smile disappears in an instant.

Sungmin scowls and pouts, grabs the nearest pillow and smacks it onto Kyuhyun’s head. “And here I thought you’re being sweet! I should’ve known that it’s impossible, youalways have a hidden agenda when you’re being sweet to me!”

Kyuhyun is still snickering as he watches Sungmin stomps out of their shared bedroom. Teasing Sungmin is so fun, it never gets old, he thinks as he picks up Sungmin’s pillow and hugs it. Kyuhyun isn’t worried about Sungmin’s temper, though. He only has to snuggle up under the blanket with Sungmin later tonight and lets his hyung hug him like a bolster while they sleep, and by the next morning Sungmin will forget his irritation for Kyuhyun. All is well.

 

END

 

a/n:
What is this OTL
Anyway, little ideas like this one are disturbing my focus on my long MiMin fic, so I just have to get it out LOL.
Hope you enjoy reading it :)
comments and critics are much welcomed :D