two

Between You and Me

 

It has been two weeks Yoonhee was out of hospital. Zelo had to move in to Yongguk’s house, all because of that amnesia girl. Yoonhee was surfing the Internet when Yongguk approached her. He tapped her shoulder. Yoonhee was okay with that than when Yongguk tapped her for the first time.

“Yoonhee-yah…”

“Hmmm?”

“Tomorrow you’re starting college again…”

“Ah, why…” Yoonhee whined. Yongguk smiled at how childish his sister looked. He sat beside her.

“Dear my lovely sister… you have to go. That way you’ll recover, okay? No more whining…” Yoonhee was used to Yongguk calling her sister and treating they were like siblings (which they were). Yongguk continued, “And you’re going with Zelo. Okay?”

“Hmmm…” she replied and turned back to her laptop.

***

As usual, Yongguk served them breakfast. Yoonhee and Zelo were going to college so he had to wake up earlier. Yongguk was quite a cook as he was used to living alone. Zelo turned out from his room and walked to the kitchen.

“Hyung, let me help you-“

“That’s okay~ I’m done anyway… wake up early if you wanna help me…” Yongguk answered sarcastically but naïve Zelo, he took it seriously.

“Sorry, hyung-“

“Yah- Iwas kidding. Don’t get too emo, dude… aish, where’s this kid? Bang Yoonhee!” Yongguk yelled. She was no different from her old self. Never likes waking up early. And yes, Yoonhee knew that she and Yongguk shared the same surname Bang, but her ideology, or theory said that that Zelo was some kind of her stepbrother and the same surname was mere coincidence. That really stressed Yongguk out.

“Yeah, I’m done~” Yoonhee appeared.

“Eat your breakfast,” Yoonhee didn’t answer Yongguk but quickly dug in the meal. Zelo was done and he waited in the car, the same car when they had the accident. If it was him, he’d already threw the car away but the doctor said that was one of the ways to recover Yoonhee’s memory. So, he had to repair it…

“Oppa, let’s go! Yongguk oppa, annyeong~” Yoonhee shook Zelo’s hand, surprising him as she waved to Yongguk.

In the car, they didn’t talk much… only this and that. Yoonhee felt uncomfortable that her ‘brother’ was acting stiff with her. She remembered that her brother had always been comfortable with, like Bang Yongguk…? Yoonhee shook the thought that Yonggukwas her brother. But he does seem like a good boyfriend (?)

“Eh, this car… looks so familiar,” Yoonhee spoke up as she eyed the inside of the car.

“Ah, really?” Zelo answered briefly. He didn’t want to ask more, afraid that he would blurt out the wtong words.

“Umm… Ah oppa~ Why are you being like this? So uncomfortable…” the girl whined. Zelo gulped. He definitely couldn’t answer that. He was her boyfriend and now he had to be the brother. So, what could he say? Fortunately, they arrived at the college parking.

“Ah, we’re here…” Zelo said. Yoonhee pouted because her questions weren’t answered but let it slip as she thought maybe Zelo was too worned about his driving that he couldn’t answer a simple question.

The two walked in the campus. A boy ran towards Yoonhee, the college’s kingka? Casanova? Hmm~ NO. just an admirer, Yoonhee’s admirer. Istand corrected, he was a shameless boy, kept confessing eventhough Yoonhee was already Zelo’s.

“Yoonhee jagiya~”

“Ja…gi…ya…? Yoonhee turned to Zelo. Zelo glared at the boy before answering Yoonhee.

“It’s nothing. He’s not your boyfriend and he’d never be,” he gritted his teeth and continued, “Yoonhee-yah, I need to talk to him, you go first~” Yoonhee nodded and walked away.

“You, you’re trying to take advantage of her didn’t you?” zelo asked.

“take advantage? Of course not, I love her,” the boy answered.

“Love her… by forcing her to love you while she’s in this state? That’s pathetic…” zelo spat at the boy.

“So what? She’s treating you like her brother now, right? He smirked. Zelo didn’t tell anyone yet but that boy, a busybody as he was. Never slipped out any important matters.

“Jung Daehyun…” Zelo snarled as he stared at him, “as dirty as your tricks, she’ll never fall for you, never… a dirty boy shouldn’t stain a pure, fair girl like Yoonhee, don’t you think?” zelo ended with a victorious smirk and walked away. Now, the problem was how to get Daehyun away for three months…

Jung Daehyun, a handsome, cute boy. Adored by the girls but none of them met his eyes. Zelo’s statement was a little too exaggerating. He was not that dirty. He was clean, clean as ever but a little too open about his inner heart. He had been trying to capture Yoonhee’s heart since junior high. But Yoonhee was all for Zelo when she first saw him. Zelo was indeed a bit rough to him because… he never liked Daehyun.

“Aish~what a pain in the neck,” Zelo ruffled his hair. Three months was too long. How could he take care of Yoonhee’s heart. For all he knew, Yoonhee’s heart would move on and by the time she recovers, she’ll be back to Zelo and dump her new boyfriend. Zelo grinned at the thought. He walked to his class lazily.