How are you?

How Are You?

Your POV

I woke up as my phone vibrated a few times with ringtones, signalling that I have to get up. I looked beside me and sighed, my brother, Jonghyun oppa, has been sleeping in the sofa again.

 

I missed your morning greetings. You would wake up first and gave me a small kiss in my forehead before mumbling 'good morning, jagiya.'

 

I frowned and gently stood up, stretching my stiff muscles. I opened the curtains and windows, letting the fresh air filled the room.

 

I missed it when you opened the curtains. You'd always answer my groans with a small smile on your face.
 

I sighed as I saw Jonghyun oppa was sleeping in the sofa with his formal suit on. He looked very exhausted from his face and he smelt like alcohol. Business parties.


Remember when we fought because you were drunk and talking nonsense?

 

I walked to the fridge and took out a carton of milk from it. I reached for the cabinet above me to get some cereal, but since I'm not that tall, I have to struggle for it.

 

Remember when you suddenly showed up beside me and helped me to get the cereals?

 

Suddenly someone showed up beside me and took out the cereals for me. I gasped. No way it's him, right?

"Here." Jonghyun oppa handed me the cereals, looking a little confused and tired.

"Why are you that shocked? Are there any drools on my face?" he joked, even though his face clearly showed that he needs more sleep.

"Aish, there's nothing oppa" I stuck out my tounge to him and he did the same. Weird for a 27 year-old man, right?
 

I guess I still can't get rid of you from my mind.


"Do you have any plans this weekend?" He asked, taking out a loaf of bread and cutting it.

"No, why?"

"I thought we could do some shopping together after a long time." He smiled, "I'm free this Saturday"

"You don't have any dates with Seungyeon unnie?"

"It's on Sunday" he winked and I laughed.


Remember that you're always trying to empty your schedules every Saturday and stay home to accompany me?


I took a glance at the clock and gasped.

", I'm gonna be late" I stood up and quickly got inside the bathroom. I took a quick shower and put on my clothes as quick as possible. Ever since I left Korea and YG, I had been working in a business company, a few blocks from Jonghyun oppa's building. I went out of the bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I tidied my hair and put on natural make up on my face. I sighed and looked at my reflection once again.


Remember when you were buttoning your shirt, you'd come to me who's looking myself at the mirror and you told me as you gave me a light kiss in the cheek, 'you look great today''


"_____ ah, leaving already?" Jonghyun oppa asked, he covered his face with a pillow.

"Yeah. Oppa, do the dishes before going and sleep inside" I said, pulling the pillow from his face.

"Arasso" he gave me an ok sign.

"I'll be going then" I smiled

"Oh yeah, _____ ah, I will have a business trip to DC today. I'll be back tomorrow or tonight."

"Alright. Have a safe trip okay?"

"Arasso." He cheekily smiled as he stood up. "Oppa will go, okay? Don't drink too much, _____ ah"

"Yah, look who's saying" I laughed, "Bye." I kissed his forehead before leaving. He waved to me and slammed his head back to the sofa.

 

"_____ ah, I'm going, okay? Call me" he gently kissed my lips.
"Arasso. Have a safe trip" I smiled.
"Thanks. I'll miss you"
"Aish, it's only for one night, right?"
"I will miss you anyway" he smirked.

 

-later that evening-

I slammed the door and threw myself to the sofa as I arrived. Today has been nothing but hell for me. My boss chewed me out as soon as I got there, my co-workers seemed to know nothing but to screw up, and even worse, I was literally humiliated in front of the board of directors. I sighed.

Screw life. I'm going to drink a lot and forget about today.

 

'Jagiya, what happened? Are you hungry? I made us dinner'
'I'm not hungry.'
'Really? Are you sick?" He gently touched my forehead to check my temperature.
'I'm fine, Seunghyun.'
'Something did happen, huh? Come here, come to your handsome boyfriend' he smirked.


I was about to stand up when my phone vibrated. It was a call, from a colleague, my only best friend, called Jung Yunho. Yes, a korean.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Yeoboseyo, _____ ah! You busy? How about a drink with me tonight?"

"Alright. Ah, where are you?" Suddenly the bell rang. I raised my eyebrow and opened it. It was him.

"Right in front of your door" he cheekily smiled.

"Aish, what will you do if I refused?"

"I know you'll agree. You've been stressed out today, right?" Aish, this man. He just seemed to know me well. I chuckled,

"Alright. Let's go." I went to take my coat and we went out.

 

-bar-

"Yah, _____ ah, stop drinking too much. I'm in trouble if your oppa finds out" he smiled.


'Aish, _____ ah, I'll get scolded by Jonghyun hyung, seriously.'


"Whatever. I wanted to do this if you didn't come anyway."

"Are you really that stressed? You know you can tell me, right?" He put his hand in mine, preventing me to drink any further.

"I want to forget someone." I got rid of his hand and took another sip.

"_____ ah, please don't do it this way. You'll only get hurt."

"Then what? There's no other way, Yunho ah." He stayed quiet as I gulped down another glass.

"I can make you forget him." He held my hand, facing me to him.

"If you give me a chance, I can make you happy. So please, stay by my side." He gave me a hug. I was surprised by his sudden confession.

"I'm sorry, Yunho ah. I can't--"

"Why?" He gently traced my cheek, just like how Seunghyun did it.

"I just can't. I'm sorry." I stood up and left the bar. I don't know why but my tears just couldn't stop. I was a little drunk so I couldn't walk properly. I took off my heels and started to walk barefoot.


'You're a woman, yet you're not used to heels?'


I think I've gone crazy.

I threw myself to bed as soon as I got back to my apartment.

Handsome face, a promising career, and what's important is a man who loves me, is who Jung Yunho is. But I threw him away.

I snuggled inside the blanket, sobbing a little.


'I'm sorry, _____ ah. I couldn't protect you well.' He hugged me.


"_____ ah? What's wrong?" A voice called me. Jonghyun oppa sat in the bed. I hugged him and cried in his chest.

"I'm sorry, _____ ah. I know you've been thinking about him."

"Every single thing I do reminded me of him, oppa. His words, his face, his voice..." I continued to cry in his chest.

"I'm sorry. Umma is not here anymore, and our appa is like that, so I wanted to protect you. But it seemed that oppa never does anything that makes you happy... I'm sorry."

"Please don't say that."

"I'm sorry. You know it's not safe in Korea." He hugged me tighter.

 

"I know."



I keep breaking down, I keep getting weaker
Take me out from being trapped in these thick memories

I can’t erase any of it – how about you?

I’m still hurting at the growing memories, how about you?

 

 


Wish me luck on my exams guys!

Don't forget to give me your comments!