Peace of mind

Jealousy

 

   Tegoshi closed his eyes putting his head on Massu’s shoulder, then hugged him even tighter. They slept like that all night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Suddenly, Massu woke up startled and opened his eyes wide. He looked at his right to check if Tegoshi was there. He was.

   “You finally woke up”, Tegoshi said giggling next to him.

   Massu nodded.

   “Did you have a bad dream? You woke up so suddenly…”

   “No…”, the other replied.

   He lied.

   “Oh, okay. I’ll make you breakfast!” Tego said, getting out of the bed.

   “Tesshi…” Massu called him out after a few seconds.

   Tegoshi stopped in front of the door, turning his head to his boyfriend.

   “What?”

   “I… Make me just a coffee, ok?”

   “Ok…”

   That’s not what he wanted to say… and Tegoshi knew that. He actually made Massu a full meal, with some dishes he hadn’t even tried before.

   “Woah, I didn’t know you could cook like that” Massu exclaimed.

   “Eh? Of course I  do, it’s just that I rarely have the time to do it…” the other replied, feeling really proud of himself.

   They both started eating when suddenly, Massu stopped and said:

   “You know… About my nightmare…”

   “What nightmare…?” Tegoshi asked, pretending not to know.

   “Well, I had a nightmare!”

   “You said you didn’t… What was it about?”

   “I… I don’t know if I should tell you.”

   “Come on, tell me” Tegoshi encouraged him, grabbing his arm and made him sit on his lap.

   “It was just a stupid nightmare in which you… left me.”

   “You’re right!” Tegoshi said with a severe tone. “It IS stupid!”

   “Are you sure you never gonna leave me?” Massu asked.

   “Never.” Tegoshi said smiling.

   After breakfast, they both went to watch TV, cuddling on the couch. Suddenly, the sound of Tegoshi’s phone ringing interrupted them.

   “Hello. Really? I’m so sorry, I forgot… I had something to- Okay, I understand… I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

   “What happened?” Massu ask his boyfriend.

   “I was supposed to be on the set one hour ago… But I totally forgot. You know, I had to take care of you and…”

   “Oh no!” Massu shouted, getting up from the couch. He hurried to the closet and grabbed Tegoshi’s clothes, them threw them on him.

   “Here! Get ready now. Fast!”

   “W-What?” Tegoshi said surprised. “I don’t wanna leave you alone! I thought that maybe I could skip today!”

   “What? No way, you can’t let them down! You can’t just… skip! It’s a movie!”

   “But… Do you wanna come with me?”

   Massu looked confused.

   “It’s okay… I promise not to miss you too much.”

   “That’s impossible” Tegoshi said giggling, then got up and placed a light kiss on Massu’s cheek.

“Come on! The director will be fine with that, I’m sure!”

“Alright…” Massu finally agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   They got ready quickly and went to the place of shooting.

   “She’s Alice!” Tegoshi introduced Massu to a tall, American woman.

   “She’s sooo famous in US.” Massu kept thinking.

   “Nice to meet you, I’m Masuda…” he said shyly.

   “She’s the awesome actress I get to film with!” Tegoshi said.

   “You’re too nice! You’re awesome too!” Alice said, with a perfect Japanese.

   Massu stayed with Tegoshi on the set all day. He enjoyed watching him act, but knowing that his boyfriend was there made Tego a little nervous. Massu’s jealousy vanished completely, almost as if it had never even been there. Even more, during the breaks, he never missed a chance to whisper to Tego what a great actress Alice was.

   The two went home together holding hands again. That day, they made their biggest realization… that true love will always last, no matter what. None of them said it, but when they looked into each other’s eyes, they knew it.