A fire starting spark

Jealousy

 

   “Congratulations!” a tall, strong-looking man said, shaking hands with Tegoshi.

   “Thank you so much! I’m really excited, I can’t wait to start filming!”

   “See you on the set”, the man said, then left the room.

   Tegoshi layed on his back on the big sofa in his makeup room. He put his arms under his head and closed his eyes, daydreaming with a big smile on his face.

   “Wow… Being in the same movie with such a great actress. I’m so lucky!” he whispered to himself.

   “I should get ready for this role! It’s important! And… I don’t wanna disappoint anyone. “  he started thinking.

   “Right!” he said, rising from the sofa.

   “I’m gonna buy a lot of magazines about her so I can get to know more stuff about her since we’re gonna work together. Hmm, maybe I should keep this secret from Massu for now! He’s gonna be so excited when he’ll see me in a movie with such great actors!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

   Massu entered the living room and collapsed on the couch yawning. He got up right away with a confused look on his face. He grabbed the pillow throwing it on the floor.

“Magazines? They are Tegoshi’s I guess…” he said to himself.

Just when he wanted to put the pillow back, something caught his attention.

“Wait… Why are all those magazines with this woman on the cover? Hmm… I never seen her before. She’s kinda pretty. But not like my boyfriend!” he thought.

“Talking about my boyfriend… I’ve been so busy that I haven’t even said hi to him when I got back…”

   Then, Massu started planning a way to spend more time with Tegoshi, then jumped off the couch and ran up to his room. There, Tegoshi was reading a magazine, looking very concentrated. Massu stepped slowly behind his back and got close to him leaning his head on one side.

“Hi, Tesshi! Do you wanna  watch a movie together?” he asked Tegoshi.

“No, not now…” he replied, not even looking at Massu.

 “Then let’s go for a walk”, he requested again excitedly, getting closer to Tegoshi.

   “Nah, I don’t feel like it”, the other replied, concentrating on his magazine.

   Massu’s usual grin disappeared as soon as he realized that he’s being rejected.

   “What are you reading?!” he said, snatching the magazine away from Tegoshi.

   “Hey!” he protested right away, trying to get his magazine back.

   After taking a quick look, Massu suddenly ripped the pages into lots of pieces. Seeing him angry, Tegoshi didn’t dare to say anything anymore.

   “…Who is this woman you keep reading about?” Massu finally said.

   “Just an actress”, Tegoshi replied, trying to look as carelessly as possible, not looking the other in the eyes.

   “And why do you keep looking at so many articles about her? She’s so ugly” he lied.

  “Even the browsing history on your laptop is full of her name!” he continued without thinking.

   Tegoshi slightly opened his mouth after hearing him, his eyebrows forming a little frown.

   “Did you search in my browsing history? On MY laptop? What’s wrong with you, Massu?”

   “Well…” he said looking down, embarrassed.

   Tegoshi quickly realized that Massu was jealous, and decided to “torture” him a little bit more.

   “Well, it doesn’t matter”, he said, looking away from his boyfriend and crossing his arms. “As long as you haven’t checked my text messages…”

   “What do you me…“ he started saying, but Tegoshi left the room without listening to him.

   He giggled to himself when he got into the other room, but left alone, Massu got on the bed and burried his face into the sheets, sobbing.