L.A

L.A

 

Suzy and Myungsoo were spending their afternoon with each other, watching romantic movies with a huge bowl of chocolate strawberries – Suzy's favorite, duh. 

 

*Bzzz*, Suzy's cellphone buzzed. It was an incoming text message, from an unknown number. Suzy had a puzzled expression all over her face as she opened the text message. 

 

WH: I love you forever, babe. I'm sure you love me too.

 

*WH? How did he find me? No, it can't be him!*

 

"Babe? Penny for your thoughts?" Myungsoo asked Suzy as he fed her a chocolate strawberry.

 

Suzy just shook her head as she munched on the strawberry. 

 

*No, it must be a wrong number..*

 


 

For the next few days, Suzy received the same text messages from WH. Myungsoo realized her worried expression written all over her face and asked her what was wrong. 

 

"Nothing.." Suzy said softly.

"I can read you like a book, my dear. Don't lie~"

"Fine.. I'll tell you everything okay?"

 


 

FIVE YEARS AGO

 

Suzy met WH at a bistro in Incheon, South Korea. They knew each other with all credits to a wallet. Suzy left her wallet in the bistro, WH picked it up, yada yada yada, you know how the story goes. 

 

Suzy thanked WH with a meal, and they started going out. Both of them were truly happy with the company of each other. They fell for each other, and were together for three years. Suzy moved in with WH, that was when all the drama started. WH would often hit Suzy after a rough day at work. To think WH was a sweet guy to Suzy, eh? She'd be covered in bruises, so much till she had to leave. 

 

While WH wasn't at home, Suzy searched for countries to move to. The further, the better.

 

"L.A? Far enough."

 

That night, WH came home to realize it was empty.

 


 

"You were abused by a jerk? What was the jerk's name?!?" 

"Nam Woohyun.." Suzy answered softly, terrified after thinking about Woohyun.

"Don't worry, okay? I'll be here to protect you," Myungsoo assured Suzy with a nice warm hug.

 

Days passed and Suzy still received the lovey dovey text messages. Suzy started to feel tensed, afraid that Woohyun would pop out of nowhere. 

 


 

*Bzz*

 

Suzy whipped out her phone, and she froze upon reading the text message she received.

 

"Woohyun again?" Myungsoo wrapped his arms around Suzy, hugging her from the back.

 

Suzy nodded with her eyes darting around the room.

 

"What did he say?"

"He said he'll find me," Suzy said in a low deep voice.

"I'm here, yeobo. I'm here."

 

Suzy faked a smile, to show that she was alright. The truth is, she's nowhere near alright. She's worried that something may happen to Myungsoo, worried that Woohyun would her or something. You never know, you never know.

 


 

"Naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, eo? Naega neol geokjeonghae, eo? Naege neol kkeut kkaji, chaekim jil ge~" 

 

Suzy sang Infinite's Be Mine as she left the house for a spa date with her best friend. She needed a break from all the tension she had been facing, what's a better way than a spa date? 

 

While receiving a good foot massage and sipping on her jasmine green tea, she checked her mail, her texts messages and she just stopped. She put down her tea cup, told the masseur to stop the luxurious massage. 

 

WH: Enjoying your massage? Love you, yeobo <3

 

*How the hell did he know I'm having a massage? So god damn creepy.*

 

Suzy couldn't take it anymore, she had to leave the place. Even the most relaxing place ever couldn't keep her calm, she needs help. Serious help.

 

*I need myungsoo, my myungsoo.*

 

Suzy punched Myungsoo's number on her cellphone, but disappointed to no one picking up. 

 

*Where is he..?*

 

Suzy tried again, and again, and again. Myungsoo didn't pick up. On the fifth try, his phone was turned off. Worry started to overwhelm Suzy, she didn't know what to do! She scurried frantically up and down, uttering, "What to do, what to do?" at every step.

 

*Bzz*

 

She checked her cellphone with immediate effect, hoping it was Myungsoo. Nope, it wasn't Myungsoo. It was Woohyun. Suzy swallowed as she read the text received.

 

WH: Why are you alone? Where's Myungsoo?

 

"Ugh, I swear he's driving me nuts!!" Suzy pulled her hair in frustration and headed home. 

 


 

*Where's Myungsoo, where's myungsoo?!?*

 

It has been 9 hours since Suzy last heard from him. She was starting to get annoyed at his disappearance, but more on the worried side. 

 

Day after day, there weren't news of Myungsoo at all. Suzy called the police, begging them to have searches for Myungsoo. Where exactly was Myungsoo?

 


 

"Oh Kim Myungsoo, you're awake!"

"Who are you?" Myungsoo replied, half awake, struggling to break free from the thick rope tying his arms and legs together.

"Pardon me, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm the greasy Nam Woohyun."

 

Myungsoo's jaw dropped.

 

"Bet you're wondering what you're doing here. You, stole my girlfriend, my Suzy!"

"Sorry, but Suzy's mine." Myungsoo retaliated.

 

Woohyun gave Myungsoo a tight slap and shouted in his face, "I love Suzy, she's MINE. Do you not ing understand?"

 

Woohyun stuffed some fabric in Myungsoo's mouth, just to shut him up. Not having any source food for 3 days, Myungsoo felt really weak. His lips were pale, feeling as terrible as ever, he felt like dying.

 

Suddenly, footsteps could be heard. Nope, they weren't Woohyun's nor Myungsoo's. It was..

 

"NAM WOOHYUN, THIS IS THE POLICE, SHOW YOURSELF AND HAND OVER THE HOSTAGE, NOW!"

 

"Okay we have to run, let's go Myungsoo!" 

 

Myungsoo made several noises, shaking his head, not wanting to leave. Woohyun placed Myungsoo on a trolley, slapped him real hard so he'll be quiet. Myungsoo was in pain and hungry at the same time, thus giving up trying to escape.

 

Woohyun headed towards the jetty, threw Myungsoo onto a tiny boat as he set sail. 

 

"Woohyun! Stop what you're doing, please!"

 

Woohyun recognized that voice. 

 

"Suzy?" He turned around, and saw Suzy looking like a damsel in distress.

 

"No, Suzy. I lost you once and I never want to lose you again. This guy, must die!" Woohyun pulled out his knife from his back pocket and aimed the weapon at Myungsoo's chest.

 

"NAM WOOHYUN, DROP YOUR WEAPON!" The policeman aimed his gun at Woohyun, and fired.

 

The gun hit Woohyun. But before he could bleed to death, he dropped his knife, jumped into the sea and pulled Myungsoo with him all in a split second. Both men fell in the sea, nobody ever saw them again.

 


 

ONE YEAR LATER

 

"Bae Suzy, we've received news of Kim Myungsoo. He's currently in the hospital, ward A3."

 

Suzy was over the moon and she rushed to the hospital. She pushed open the room door, happy to see Myungsoo laying down on the hospital bed.

 

"MYUNGSOOOOOO!" 

 

Suzy threw her arms over Myungsoo and hugged him tight. She could feel his warmth and she missed him so so much.

 

"Suzy-ah, you're hugging me so tightly till I can't breathe," Myungsoo said in a weak voice.

"Mianhe, I just missed you so much.."

"I missed you too.. So how's Woohyun?"

 

Suzy shrugged.

 

Myungsoo caressed Suzy's cheek, happy to see that she's been well over the past year. Myungsoo looked at Suzy in the eye passionately.

 

"Yes? Is there anything on my face?!" 

"No silly, it's just that after the life-death experience, I told myself if I didn't die, I'd like to do something."

"What is it?"

"I'd like to see you the moment before I go to bed and the moment I wake up every single day. Bae Su Ji, would you marry me?"

 

Suzy could feel a tear forming up in her eye as she nodded and kissed Myungsoo. 

 


 

Suzy and Myungsoo walked down the aisle of the beautifully-decorated church, hand in hand. The church was decorated just for their wedding, with white ribbons everywhere and this gorgeous white diamond chandelier hanging down from the ceiling. 

 

"Mr. Kim Myungsoo, do you take Ms. Bae Su Ji as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do the both of you apart?"

 

"I do."

 

"Ms. Bae Su Ji, do you take Mr. Kim Myungsoo as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for the better or for worsen for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do the both of you apart?"

 

"I do."

 

"In token and pledge, of our constant faith and abiding love, with this ring, I marry you," Myungsoo and Suzy said in unison.

 

"The husband may kiss the bride,"

 

Myungsoo wrapped his arms around Suzy's waist, and pulled her close for a long sweet kiss.

 

"And I now pronounce you legal husband and wife, congratulations!"

 

*Thank you, L.A*

 


 

THE END

 


 

[A/N: Hope you guys liked this oneshot! Lots of love to all my readers, will be back for more exciting fics for you guys. Saranghae~]