bonus: tied to me (drabble)

till death (do us apart)

 

One side should be long, the other should be short. Cross over the longer side over and then turn…

Was it turn under or turn over?

Yifan pauses in his movements as he stares at his reflection in the mirror.

A tall, blonde- haired man stares back him, dressed in a neatly pressed button down and slacks, two fingers holding the blue tie in a cross, as he wonders if he should turn the tie over or under.

“I think Yixing said turn over,” he mumbles to himself as he attempts to twist the shorter end of the tie over the longer end. It only ends up making him more confused as he tries to recall the steps that Yixing has tried countless times to teach him. He ends up with an awkward knot that looks nothing like a tie.

He looks up and scowls at the mess he has made out of the blue cloth.

“I’m so done with this ,” he mutters angrily as he tries to yank the tie from his neck. “Who’s stupid idea was it to have to wear a tie to work, it’s not like it’ll make a difference to the pace of my work anyway.  If anything, it’ll probably kill me before I even get to work.” He only succeeds in tangling the tie into a further knot and he growls in frustration at “this stupid thing that will strangle me to death one day”.

Too caught up with untangling the tie, he doesn’t notice Yixing slipping out of their bedroom, padding softly across the living room towards him. He tenses when thin arms wrap themselves around his waist, but relaxes when he breathes in the warm familiar smell of Yixing. He leans back, enjoying the warm body pressed against his own, as he holds onto Yixing’s smaller hands, gently caressing the younger’s knuckles with his thumb.

“Morning,” Yixing mumbles, the sound sending vibrations across his back. Yifan’s toes curl in delight and he turns in Yixing’s embrace to properly face his boyfriend. He drinks in the delicious sight in front of him, Yixing with his wonderfully mussed up brown hair, his eyes hidden under the fringe falling across his eyes. Yixing smiles at him, the dimple visible and Yifan laughs, bending down to press a kiss on the shorter’s lips.

“Why are you up so early? Did I wake you up?” Yifan asks almost guiltily. He knows Yixing should get as much sleep as he can, especially since Yixing works long hours as a dance teacher due to his immense popularity at the dance school, and the students’ demand for Instructor Zhang.

“Hmm yeah… someone was complaining about being unable to tie his tie, and it being a potential murder weapon,” Yixing says , a playful glint in his eyes.

Yifan gives a sheepish smile as runs a hand through his blonde hair. Yixing merely shakes his head at him and hums, his hands reaching up to fix his tie, patiently straightening out the knot Yifan has made.

“When will you ever learn how to do it yourself though?”

“Never”

Yixing gives him a skeptical look, as he twists and turns the tie expertly in his hands, the fluid motion never failing to surprise Yifan at how Yixing manages to do it without having to look at the tie.

“Maybe it’s cause I’m just waiting for that one person to do it for me” he continues and notes with delight the blush that colours Yixing’s cheeks a pretty shade of pink.

“Huh really”

“Yeah, this is my way of tying you to me,” he continues and Yixing grimaces at his cheesiness, as he finishes sliding the knot into place, straightening the neatly made tie.  “Ugh please don’t give me diabetes early in the morning,” Yixing replies, whacking him lightly across the chest and he attempts to move away.

Yifan laughs, and simply wraps his arms tightly around the brunette’s waist, trapping him against his body. Yixing’s head nestles in the crook of his neck and he marvels at how the two of them fit like puzzle pieces, filling each other and covering the gaps in between.

“I really mean it though, I want to be with you forever”

He feels Yixing’s smile before the shorter male pulls back to face him.

“Me too, Yifan, me too”

“Now you better get going before you’re late,” YIxing says, distangling himself from Yifan’s arms. He tiptoes and kisses him on the lips before ducking into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Yifan.

Yifan looks fondly at his boyfriend, a warm fuzzy feeling in his heart.

Maybe having to wear a tie to work is a good thing after all, he thinks.

 

a short drabble with how yifan needs yixing to do his tie for him;; probably wont be back for awhile so here's something to thank you guys for supporting me~ ^^ <3