FAIRY (ONE SHOT)

FAIRY (One Shot)(Fantasy)

Jung Min grew up in a rural area. As a little boy he always played in the woods and by the river. He would climb trees and dip in the shallow water for a swim. He loved to go nature tripping on his own. Often, he would just be in T-shirt, shorts and slippers. 

"Aahh this is life. . Hhmm," he took a deep breath.

He would run freely or walk slowly, and would be stopping from time to time, looked at things on the ground or things above him, how he admired the rustling swinging sounds of the leaves, the birds flying against the blue of the sky, the insects moving about their business or the changing of the season.

On one of his walks he saw a small creature in the bush. It was so tiny and it was illuminating like a small light.

"Oooohhh What is this? A fairy? Oooh wow! This is the first time I have ever seen one, ohh, and it looks like it's wounded and sick."

He slowly, and carefully picked-up the creature from the bush. He held the creature with both of his hands, so carefully, for it looked so delicate. It's silver wings were made like that of a dragonfly, but shaped like that of a butterfly. The bejeweled clothes were a span of silver and gold with very tiny tiny intricate designs, and was wearing a silver shoes with a touch of gold.

"Oh, what a beautiful creature, but oh so delicate. What am I going to do with you? How could I help you?"

Jung Min kept thinking how he could help this small fairy. Still on both of his hands, he carefully walked and carried the fairy to his home.


He took cared of the fairy the best he could, and was letting it drink water from a syringe and feeding it with fruits. He had made a small bed, and placed it in his drawer.

He was so protective and nurturing to the fairy. He didn't know what to call her so he thought of a name for her, he said while looking after the fairy, 
"I don't know your name, hmmm, well, I have to call you something, right?  Hmmm, How about Pau? That is such a cute name."

She just looked at him, and seemed to agree, to the name he gave her.

As time passed, Pau got better and stronger, and would talk to him with a tiny voice. He would had to crane his head really close to her so he could hear what she would say.

One time Pau said to Jung Min, "Thank you for saving my life. I am indebted to you. You have my respect and out most loyalty."

"Oh no, please do not say that, I just did what had to be done. You needed help and I was there and I just lend you a hand."

Not minding what he had said, she said, "From now on I will look after you and be by your side for always."

And as Jung Min grew up, Pau was always with him or very close by, though no one else could see Pau but Jung Min. So, some people would often see him talking to himself but actually he was talking to her.

On one of his walks, he said, talking to her, "Oh this is a fine day for walking don't you think so? Aahhh but you are flying . . hahhahhaaa"

Now, Pau flew closer, landed on his shoulder, and sat there, and he continued walking.

"Hey Jung Min," she said, "Are you not going to join one of this singing contest? I heard they are looking for singers."

"Who me join a singing contest? I'm not that good at singing you know, I'm really bad at it."

"Come now, It's just a singing contest. Why don't you try it."

Laughing, and then he smiled, "Why would you like me to join in the first place?"

"Oohh, It would be fun. Come on please, say that you would join."

With a frown on his eyebrow and wonder in his face, "Why are you so persistent? Aaahh Do you have something up your sleeves?"

"Please! Do it for me? Oh, please!"

A simple smile and a twinkle in his eyes and one raised eyebrow, gave in, "Ooohh Alright, you win, but don't say I didn't warn you."

He joined the singing contest and he practiced everyday before the day of the singing contest came. He could not explain why he got better and better. And he improved so much it was unbelievable.

He asked Pau, " Hey, you didn't do anything to me, right?"

"You practiced so much that is why you got better."

"Oh, alright."

At the end of the contest Jung Min was one of the winners, and was recruited and became a member of a group. He became better and better still.