Part 1

Perfectly Imperfect Couple

Ann was still in her house clothes when she went up to her mom's room carrying two dresses.

"Mom should I wear this black strappy back dress or this abstract print dress?" Ann asked as she showed her mom the dresses she wants her to choose.

Mrs. Li was being hairstyled by a hairstylist so she signaled the stylist to stop for a minute to have her attention to her daughter. She look at the two dresses and faced Ann.

 

Black Strappy Back Dress:

 

Abstract Print Dress:

 

"Maybe the black one,sweetie. It's an evening party, so black is more appropriate." Her mom suggested as she smiled and turned back to her hairstylist.

"You're right mom!" Ann agreed as she went back to her mom.

But before she could get to her room her oldest brother, Eslove, stop her midway and asked, "Ann, how do I look?" as he fix his tie.

"Good" Ann timidly said and went to her room and shut the door.

"Hey! Just good? That's a bad compliment." Eslove shouted and scratched his head in annoyance.

"Good is enough." Ivan said, the second sibling of the Li family. The mister-cool-guy in the family.

"Ughh!" Eslove who's annoyed went downstairs to wait.

"He's conceited." Paul said and tap Ivan's shoulder. Paul is the youngest brother of the Li family. He's good and bad at the same time. He's closest one to Ann of all of them.

"I know!" Ivan said and they both went downstairs.

(Back to Ann)

Ann's POV

My brother is conceited. You know who I'm talking about, right? Am I right?

Yes, it's my older brother Eslove.

Anywho, I'm already beautified so all I have to do is dress up. Dressing up time!

------------

After dressing up, I slipped into my new black heels and get my purse.

I went downstairs to find my brothers all dressed up and were gaping at me and jaws dropped.

"Sooo, am I really that hot?" I sheepishly asked as I walked up to them.

"Yes you are but too bad you're our baby sister?" Ivan said as he hugged me and all of them started hugging me. Now we're having a group hug.

"Ahhh, I love us!" I said and hug them too.

"Let's go guys!" Dad said as he have his hands on mom's waist as they go down on the stairs.

(Scene Break)

No One's POV

At the Party - - -

The party is held in a hotel hall. Inside the hall, it's dark just like all evening parties but not dark enough that people can't see.

The hall is filled with tables and chairs, there's a bar for drinks, trays of catering food in a corner and waiters and waitresses that are busy walking around, taking orders from the people who's invited.

As the Li entered the spacious hall, they were escorted by a waiter and led them to a table.

"Mom, this party is packed with a lot of people, especially hot gals." Eslove said and wink at a girl who's wearing a super short dress that the booty can be visible.

"Eslove!" Mr. Li shot a look.

"Sorry." Eslove said and bowed his head.

"Excuse me, I'm just going to mingle, I might see my friends here." Mrs. Li said as she excused herself from the table and was followed by Mr. Li.

"Me too, I'm going to mingle with the hotties there." Eslove said and dashed off too.

"I'm going to go with him." Ivan followed Eslove.

"Now, who's next?" Ann sarcastically said and sheepishly grinned.

"I'm staying here. How about the two of you?" Patrick asked as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"I'm just going to grab a drink. You wanna come?" Ann asked as she looked at Paul and Patrick.

"I'm going with you. How about you Kuya Pat?" Paul asked.

(Kuya means older brother)

"Nahh, I'm stayin' here. You go ahead." Patrick answered as Ann pull Paul's hand and took off and went to the bar.

-----------

As Mrs. and Mr. Li are mingling around,  Mrs. Li was tapped by the shoulder.

"Julia Li?" a familiar voice asked that made Mrs. Li turned around.

"Jackie Reid?" Mrs. Li asked as her face turn from poker face to a glee face.

"Oh My Gosh! It's You! You're my bestfriend! Oh My Gosh!" Jackie squealed in delight as Mrs Li too was jumping up in excitement as they hugged each other.

They parted from each other after hugging. 

"Jackie! How are you? How's everything? After I migrated, we'd never been on touch with each other. By the way who's with you?" Mrs. Li asked continuosly as Msrs. Reid just laugh because of Mrs.Li's sillyness.

"Too much questions.Haha. I'm here with my husband and my kids. Well, who's with you?" Mrs. Reid asked and smiled.

"This is my husband, Albert Li, and I have my kids with me too." Mrs. Li responded.

"Hi Albert. It's nice to see you again. Why don't we sit in a one table over there with lots of chairs so we could talk." Mrs.Reid said.

"Sure let me just call my kids and we'll be right there." Mrs. Li said.

"Okay I'll call my husband and kids too."

They both parted ways as they approach their own tables.



 

"What do you want Paul?" Ann asked.

"Lemonade."

"Nestea and a lemonade please." Ann ordered the waiter.

"Here you go, Miss." the waiter gave the drinks as Ann and Paul took the drinks and went back to their table.

As they were about to approach the table they were assigned to, they were both pulled back by Patrick.

"Hey. We're not sitting there, we're sitting in that table" Patrick pointed out.

"Okay." Ann and Paul said simultaneously.

As they approach a long table, Ann saw a familiar figure sitting down.

"Ohh, here's my twins, Ann and Patrick and my youngest son, Paul." Mrs. Li introduced as the people in the table turned their heads to them.

Ann almost dropped her drink when the familiar figure turned his head and uttered, "Ann" at the same time Ann called, "James"

"You know each other?" Almost all of the people in the table asked.

Ann and James just nodded their heads vigorously.

"Ann sit beside James and Paul sit beside Patrick and Jackie's daughter, Sue." Mr. Li ordered and smiled.

Ann sat down as she was looking knowingly at James who's also staring at her.


(Before that)

James's POV

Mom is really weird tonight, she's been smiling as she approach our table.

"Kids let's transfer to that table. come on, let's go." Mom instructed as she pointed a long table.

Me, Lauren, Tom, Sue and Jack just followed mom and dad.

As we approached the long table, we saw a family who's sitting there too.

One looks like a mom and a dad,(Duhh), and three boys.

The other boy stand up and went somewhere.

"Julia, here's my kids. Meet Tom, Lauren, James, Jack, and Sue." Mom introduced us.

"Hello guys and gals! I'm Julia Li, and these are my kids, Eslove, Ivan, and the others are still coming here so just wait up." the lady introduced or as I know now, Mrs. Julia Li.

Wait Li, that's familiar. Besides the common last name of Chinese people.

Oh who cares anyway.

As we waited for minutes, I could feel that someone was at my back.

"Ohh, here's my twins, Ann and Patrick and my youngest son, Paul." Mrs. Li introduced.

ANN O_O*

I turned my head to see Freaking Ann Li. The girl who changed my whole fu**ing life upside down.

"Ann" I uttered.


No One's POV

Ann and James was just staring intensely when Ann started to asked.

"What are you doing here?" Ann hissed at James.

"No you!" James pointed at Ann, whispering.

"What are you doing here." he asked.

"Because my family's here." Ann angrily whispered.

"Well, that's my reason too." James angrily whispered and stared angrily at Ann.

"How did you two met?" Mr. Reid asked the two of them.

"Uhhm--" Ann was about to speak when James interrupted her.

"We were a coup--" James wasn't able to continue because Ann's hand was around his face covering his mouth.

"Remember when I was an exchanged student in Australia, we bacme buddiews that time." Ann said pulling James's face closer to hers as if choking him.

"Ann, I think you're choking James." Eslove said warning Ann.

"Sorry" Ann pulled back her hands to herself and look at James who's looking at her angrily.

"Ohh." Mr. and Mrs. Li and Mr. and Mrs. Reid said at the same time.

>>>>>>>>>>> <3 

To be continued...