Mr. Diva and His Dino

Operation: Spy on Minho and Taemin

“Next time you have something mean to say, don’t say it, because you know how sensitive I get whenever someone tells me something mean!”

22-year-old Kim Jonghyun sighed- he had just gotten through another one of Key’s boring lectures and boy did the diva know how to make someone hungry. Standing up, Jonghyun spoke,” Yeah, yeah, whatever Key. We all know you have an easily bruised pride; now can you please make me a sandwich or something because I’m gonna die of hunger in about ten minutes.”

Now let me tell you, that wasn’t a very smart move, because Key exploded.

“YAH, DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO BE THE UMMA OF SHINEE, ESPECIALLY WITH AN INCONSIDERATE SON LIKE YOU?”

Jonghyun looked offended. “I’m your son? I thought I was your yeobo!”

Key lunged for his band member. “YOU LITTLE CREEPER! ONCE I’M DONE WITH YOU, YOU’LL WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN-“

“Hyung, what are you doing?”

Key, otherwise known as the Kim Kibum of SHINee, froze mid-way from his actions, and boy were they in one awkward position – the diva was on top of the dino, straddling him, and was holding a red pillow in the air as if preparing to suffocate the poor boy. Standing at the bottom of the stairs of the SHINee dorm were their two other group members – the maknae, Lee Taemin, and the Flaming Charismatic Choi Minho- standing side by side and looking at them oddly.

“Hyung,” Taemin spoke to Minho,” what’re Key-Umma and Jonghyun-Appa doing?”

“Don’t ask, Taemin. Don’t ask.”

Key flushed and pushed himself off of Jonghyun. The dino couldn’t help but snicker silently.

“Where’re you two going?” Key asked, changing the subject, and for the first time that day, Jonghyun noticed Taemin and Minho were dressed as if ready to leave the dorm.

In disguises of course.

“Around town,” Minho answered. He was dressed in a black tee with a white showing undershirt, jeans, and a black cap. Taemin was wearing a white polo underneath his short-sleeved, ped red hoodie. It was summertime after all, and wearing a giant oversized coat wasn’t the smartest thing to do.

Jonghyun and Key exchanged glances. They were both thinking the same thing: Something’s going on.

“Where around town?” Jonghyun questioned suspiciously.

“I don’t know – just around.”

Key nodded slowly in approval. “Okay, but come back before eleven.”

Jonghyun shot his yeobo a weird look. If you’re gonna set Taeminnie’s curfew, shouldn’t it be before ten?

Key shot him a sour look back and before the two could start a weird face-making contest, Taemin spoke up. “Yes, Umma,” he replied back obediently.

Aw, now you’re making our maknae a momma’s boy! Jonghyun shot at Key, who just rolled his eyes.

“Have fun Taeminnie, Minho!” Key chimed, and the 2min pair soon disappeared from the SHINee dorm.

“Hey, yeobo, how about we follow them?” Jonghyun suggested. Key noticed the mischievous glint in the dino’s eyes.

“Why should we follow them?”

“Weren’t you wondering where they’ve been going every time we have a break?”

Key pondered about what Jonghyun had just said. It was true - every time SHINee’s had a break within the past four months, Minho and Taemin always disappeared for the day and didn’t return until about nine or ten at night. Because they had just finished filming an energy drink commercial, their manager decided to call a free day.

“Well…, I am kind of curious,” Key admitted.

Jonghyun grinned. “So do you wanna go follow them for the day to find out if anything’s going on?”

“Fine, but what happens if we get caught?”

 “Don’t worry about it!” the main vocalist reassured with a wink. “Your yeobo’s here to protect you.”

[ 15 Minutes Later ]

Key adjusted his fake black-rimmed glasses as him and Jonghyun made their way through the streets of Seoul. Due to the fact that it was summer, Saturday, and 12 PM, the city was pretty crowded. The two watched as the 2min couple entered a café called ‘Sunny D-Lite’.

“Should we follow them?” Key questioned.

Jonghyun nodded. “Yeah, but make sure they don’t see you.”

Key nodded and together, the two entered the café with Jonghyun making sure to lower his cap and gaze and Key adjusting his glasses once more. “Hi, can I help you?” a pretty waitress asked with a warm smile.

“Table for two please, noona” Jonghyun spoke.

The noona smiled and nodded before leading them towards the table behind their target. Once they were seated and finished ordering their food (which were two glasses of chocolate shakes), they began taking action. “Can you hear what they’re talking about?” Key whispered to Jonghyun from across the table.

Jonghyun leaned back and took out his PSP in order to look casual. After about two minutes, he leaned forward and informed Key,” They’re saying something about seeing some movies and going to an amusement park.”

Key gaped. “They must be going to the Jung Siyung Amusement Park!” he whispered back.

“The Sung Jijung Amusement what?”

Key rolled his eyes. “You live in Seoul, and yet you don’t know what the Jung Siyung Amusement Park is? You’re a disappointment to all Koreans.”

“Hey, it’s not my fault! Blame our manager - he only lets us have a break every month or so, and it’s only for a day! And it’s not like you or Onew-hyung talk about it in the dorm!”

Key opened his mouth to respond, but he immediately shielded his face when Taemin suddenly stood up. “I’m going to the bathroom, hyung,” the maknae said before heading towards the back of the restaurant. Once he was gone, Key sighed. “That was close,” he muttered. Jonghyun grinned and soon, their order came. Taemin returned just as the waitress reached for a glass of water on the tray, and as if he had the ‘Onew Condition’, he accidentally knocked over the glass, drenching Jonghyun.

Key gawked; he didn’t know whether to laugh or help the poor boy.

So he chose both, and burst out laughing.

Jonghyun glared at Key, but stopped and purposely lowered his cap when Minho came over. “Are you okay?” the rapper asked.

Key adjusted his glasses. “Don’t worry about Jong- J-Joe,” he nervously laughed, hoping the two didn’t catch onto his mistake. “Don’t worry about Joe – he’ll be fine.”

Taemin bowed to Jonghyun. “Sorry Joe.”

Key knew Jonghyun was thinking along the lines of what the heck but the dino smiled and pulled his cap lower before saying,” Nah, don’t worry about it kid. It’s just water – it’ll dry off eventually.”

Taemin bowed once more before returning to his table.

“Bathroom,” Jonghyun mouthed to Key, and the two soon found themselves in the back of the restaurant trying to dry Jonghyun’s clothes. “Really? Joe? Is that all you can think of?”

Key shot him a sour look. “Well sorry! It’s not my fault that I tried to avoid getting caught! Would you rather have me say ‘Jonghyun’, so they’ll know we’re following them?”

There was an awkward silence as Key finished cleaning up Jonghyun.

“So… where’s Onew? I haven’t seen him since this morning,” the dino realized.

“At the supermarket; I sent him to go run some errands.”

“Ah… okay, I think that’s enough. We should go before Taemin and Minho leave.”

“Yeah.”

The two then exited the restroom, ignoring the suspicious look they received from a random worker slacking off in the back, and returned to their table, where they soon noticed the 2min couple was gone. “Oh shoot, where’d they go?” Key exclaimed.

“I don’t know! Why’re you asking me?”

“It was a rhetorical question, smart one!”

“Blah, blah, blah, we’re gonna lose them if you keep nagging!”

Jonghyun quickly pulled out 10,000 won and placed it onto the table before grabbing Key’s hand and pulling him out of the café. “Come on – we can’t lose them!”

[ Meanwhile… ]

Onew was holding a grocery basket while standing in the grooming aisle. “Should I buy Jonghyun rose-scented shampoo, or bacon-scented shampoo?”