Kris' Problem

The Going Home Club

Sehun’s second day so far was great , and by great  he meant better than yesterday since it wasn’t dismissal yet and he wasn’t forced to go to his club (their school had this mandatory everyday club meeting) and have to face that guy Luhan.

 

The principal’s an for making such a stupid rule.

 

He stood in front of the club’s door, feeling more nervous than he was yesterday. He carefully turned the knob and peeped through the door. He was startled by silence. He expected to be hit by a barrage of noise like what he experienced yesterday. Other than that, all of the members were huddled in a quiet circle on the floor. Something felt really wrong about that setting.

 

“Oh my god Tao! I didn’t know that this was going to be this..this stimulating.” He heard Baekhyun say in an excited whisper. Sehun almost choked at his tone.

 

“Shh!. .stop, somebody might hear us!” Kai said breathlessly.

 

Sehun’s eyebrows raised in suspicion.

 

They were huddled so close that Sehun had no idea what they were doing.

 

“There!” Suho exclaimed. “There! Yes Xiumin, that’s the spot!” he said, like he was in a high or something.

 

Sehun almost choked. What the ? Were they.. .?

 

EWWWW. . .

 

Sehun was just about to run away.

 

“Oh, hello Sehun.” Tao said as he met Sehun’s eye.

Sehun’s eyes looked at them with narrow eyes as he slowly made his way towards them.

 

“What are you guys doing?” he said apprehensively. He was planning on running away, but his curiosity won over him.

 

Chen and Kai were seriously trying to hide what was in the middle of their circle, making Sehun even more suspicious. Like they were embarrassed or something.

 

Tao looked at him, his glare scaring Sehun to the bones. “Want to join us?”

 

Sehun’s eyes bulged.  Hell to the frickin no! He was curious, but not that curious.

 

No I ain’t goin to the darkside.

 

“No thanks. .”

 

Sehun kept eye contact with Tao, not being able to pull away. He grabbed the doorknob behind him and sloooowly opened it, deciding to really run for it.

 

“Don’t you dare open that door!” Suho demanded.

 

“B-but. .”

 

Sehun opened it a centimeter more. “I swear Sehun if you open that door!”

 

Sehun gulped.

 

“L-look, I want no pa. .”

 

“Sehuuun!” Suho growled. He was scary, compared to what he was yesterday.

 

“Uh. .”

 

Tao flashed him his glare. That pretty much did the trick.

 

“O-okay..” he said meekly.

 

Sehun motioned to close the door.

 

“Don’t close it either!” Baekhyun yelled like Sehun was stupid.

 

Sehun’s jaws dropped. Scandalous!

 

Suddenly something propelled Sehun forwards as the door completely opened with a bang, knocking him onto the ground.

 

“GUYS! Guys!  GUYYYS! I need your help!”  a frantic someone whom Sehun hasn’t heard before calls out. 

 

Sehun takes a moment to silently scream in his head because of the pain his knees, cuz yeah, actual scream’s weren’t manly.

 

Sehun heard a flopping noise, then loud, piercing screams of agony filled the room.

 

“KRIIIIIIIIIIISSS YOU 93646*3823619@u3e634811 i163ajhgaj jqgw***28183636wshiwi!” Suho exploded as he grabbed his hair and began pulling at it in frustration. Profanities leaving his mouth like bullets.

 

“You ruined iiittt!!!!!!!!!” Baekhyun whined.

 

Huh?

 

“We..we spent like. .two hours on this thing..t-two freakin’ hours.” Chen said wide-eyed and immovable, like he couldn’t believe what just happened.

 

“Two. .freakin’ hours.” Kai echoed with a despaired face.

 

Huh?

 

Sehun stood up and finally looked at the middle of their circle. It was a .. pile of cards?

 

“Here ye lies our almost finished house of cards.” Xiumin said in a british accent, probably to appease a fuming Suho which was by the way pacing all around the room, huffing and puffing in anger like a maniac.

 

Realization dawned on Sehun.

 

“Ohh. .so you were just making a house of cards.” Sehun said with a sigh of relief.

 

Kai raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, what did you think we were doing?”

Sehun pinked.

 

“Nothing”

 

Kai narrowed his eyes.

 

“Oh my goooood! Eeeewww!!!”

 

“It’s not what you thiiinkkk!!!!” Sehun defended, though they clearly didn’t buy it.

 

“ughh. .Sehun you’re so greeeennn! So moldy. Moldiehun!”Chanyeol said in mock-disgust. Sehun flinched at the lamest nickname in history.

 

A cough made its way around the room. Sehun finally turned to look at the guy named Kris. The perpetrator. He was blonde with perfectly made hair. He was wearing this sleek black suit that made him look sharper than he already was. He was one of the most handsome dudes had seen. He had this veeryy stoic feeling  about him, but his next words totally betrayed his image.

 

Kris frantically grabbed the nearest person to him, which was unfortunately Sehun and held his shoulders, pulling Sehun closer to him.

 

Kris raised a bottle of men’s toner for Sehun to see. He had this very manic look in his eyes. Then he looked at Sehun with a confused expression.

 

“Oh you must be that new guy Sehun, Hi I’m Kris.” He quickly said.

 

“This bottle says that I have to put this after perfectly cleansing my face. Does my face look perfectly cleansed to you?” he continued, pulling his face closer to Sehun so that he could see better. Sehun couldn’t believe that a man could say that with a straight face.

 

But anyway, this was waaaaaaayyy too close for Sehun’s liking.

 

“Uh. .I guess so.” Sehun bewilderedly replied. The would I know if your face is perfectly cleansed or not?

 

Suddenly something yanked Kris away from Sehun by his hair, and that something was a still very-much annoyed Suho.

 

“MY HAAIRR!!” Kris boomed while he arranged his hair back to perfection.

 

“Kris!” Suho said in a tone that made everyone look at him. “Stop scarin’ the new guy and YOU FREAKIN’ RUIINNNEDD  ITTTTTTTT!!” he yelled again, his face turning red.

 

Sehun just wanted to pour ice all over Suho, he looked like he was going to friggin explode. Sehun never would’ve guessed that he had that temper built inside him.

 

“Well YOU ruined IT!” Kris retorted, pointing to his hair.

 

“I DON’T FRIGGIN CAAAREEE!” Suho shouted.

 

Kris looked at everyone else in the room.

 

“What the hell’s wrong with him?” he mouthed.

 

“You kind of ruined the house of cards we built when you came--.” Xiumin replied. Chen immediately covered the dumpling boy’s mouth, making the latter flail his arms.

 

“Shhh! Don’t freakin’ tell Kris!” he hissed.

 

Kris raised an eyebrow and his mouth twitched upwards.

 

“Pfft. .seriously?” he said, greatly amused.

 

“NO!” Chen and Kai simultaneously said.

 

“That’s. .pretty lame.” Kris deadpanned.

 

“No it’s NOT IT IS jhbewb5983797 @3#940 FUN!” Suho retorted.

 

“He was pretty into it.” Baekhyun clarified. “You know how Suho gets. He turns into a mini caucasian hulk when he's competing.”

 

Kris nodded in understanding. Looking at the still flaming Suho apathetically.

 

“Can you please control him now?” Kai said, picking at his nails. “Watching him cursing has lost its luster. It’s not special anymore.”

 

Kris rolled his eyes. “Fine”

 

Kris grabbed the head of a fuming Suho who kept screaming at the fallen house of cards, with Tao comforting him and saying “We can always make it again.” His words were comforting, but it just didn’t match his intense looking face. Kris got a firm hold of his head, which made Suho thrash and stuff, throwing curse words like a shotgun.

 

“What is he doing?” Sehun whispered to Xiumin, amused by the comical scene before him.

 

“Oh, Kris is trying to calm Suho down.”

 

Sehun paused. “. .by giving him a headlock?”

 

Xiumin laughed.

 

“Just look!” Chanyeol hyperly said.

 

Sehun saw Kris pressing his thumbs on the sides of Suho’s temple, making Suho’s face immediately soften from his grimace. Suho involuntarily closed his eyes and mumbled.

 

“K- Kris, that’s . .that’s not gonna work this ti—“ Suho didn’t get to finish his statement as his knees turned metaphorically into jelly and he slumped on the floor in a dazed pile.

 

Suho exhaled as his eyes fluttered sleepily.

Sehun couldn’t believe his eyes. The hell? Is this guy the avatar or something?

 

Everyone but Sehun gave these sort of melodramatic slow-claps. “Amazing every time.”  Baekhyun said, shaking his head in admiration.

 

“H-how in the world did you do that?” Sehun said in surprise as he did the same thumbs-on-temples thing on Xiumin, which only made the Baozi chuckle.

 

“Only Kris can do that, and it only works on Suho.” He explained.

 

“Kris is the ‘Suho whisperer’” Chanyeol dramatically whispered.

 

“Damn you Kris..I’m not gonna give up.” Suho mumbled sleepily as he motioned to get up, which only made Kris let out an annoyed grunt and give him another dose of the ‘Suho-whisperer’ move. Suho immediately slumped on the ground and began snoring.

 

Sehun just stared.

 

An expression of realization dawned on Kris and he got irritated.

 

“UGHHH! You’re making me waste precious prep time!” Kris bellowed as he went to the club’s full-length mirror and got some cotton from his oh-so-manly man-purse.

 

He poured a generous amount of his toner on the cotton and began lathering it quite hurriedly on his face, contorting his face to get toner over all of it. Suddenly, Kris didn’t look so handsome anymore in Sehun’s point of view.

 

“Damn, Suho just murdered my hair. I had volumized and poofed up perfectly just minutes ago.” Kris angrily murmured.

 

Sehun was fine with men who cared about their looks, but this guy Kris was forehead deep in vanity.

 

“Don’t worry, he’s not always like this.” Baekhyun pointed out, probably noticing the look of apprehension on Sehun’s face.

 

“Yeah, normally, he just wears normal stuff like T-shirts and jeans. And he’s pretty cool too.” Chanyeol added.

 

Sehun looked at Kris. He was faaaar from cool at this moment.

 

“Then why?” Sehun inquired, pointing to a very agitated Kris, throwing a tantrum on how he ‘can’t replicate the geniusness that was his hair a few minutes ago’

 

They all gave out a chuckle.

 

“Weeell, . .it’s cuz he’s probably going on a date.” Kai said.

 

All that for a date?

 

“He just puts extra effort each time because his dates never ask for a second date.” The baozi interjected.

 

Sehun nodded, but he couldn’t see why Kris couldn’t get long-term dates because Sehun had to admit, Kris is one fine man. Ok, that just sounded so gay right now.

 

 “Maybe they just didn’t want a dude who’s more vain than them.” Sehun said, making sure to be quiet enough not to let Kris hear.

 

“Naah, I don’t think that’s the reason.” Chen said, he went closer to Sehun and cocked his eyebrows to Tao, who was currently silently trying to rebuild their house of cards, looking as scary as ever, like he was intimidating the cards to form themselves into a tower with his eyes.

 

“He’s the reason.” He whispered.

 

Sehun tilted his head, not quite getting Chen.

 

“Wait, we’ll show you.”

 

Chen went over to Tao, and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Hey Tao, why don’t you comfort Kris over there? He’s looking quite troubled.”

 

Tao looked at the manic Kris and nodded.

 

Chen smiled and patted his shoulder. “Thanks buddy.”

 

Sehun didn’t notice that all the other members of the club were now around him, eagerly waiting for what was going to happen. Chen came back and excitedly said. “Just look, it’s goonna be HILLAARIITYYY.”

 

“Please stop saying words like hilarity, it makes you sound like a douche. Kai is getting to you.” Xiumin deadpanned.

 

“Well, I am pretty influential.” Kai said smugly.

 

Chen then grabbed Xiumin’s arm and clingily snuggled into it, in a ploy to annoy the other.

 

“Awww,. .but I’m your douchebag.”

 

Xiumin almost choked on his saliva and pretended to gag. But his cheeks still turned quite pink.

 

“The are you saying man?!”

 

Sehun couldn’t help but get amused and suspicious at the same time. There is REAALLY something going on between those two.

 

Someone nudged Sehun.

 

“Just ignore those quarrelling idiots, and look.” Baekhyun said excitedly.

 

Sehun saw Tao put his hand gently on Kris’ shoulders. Kris sharply turned around to scold the one who dared disturb his toner-time.

 

“What?” he snapped. Tao got startled a bit, and immediately retracted his hand.

 

“Ah. .sorry.” Tao said quietly, in a low and scary tone.

 

Kris immediately flinched upon realizing that it was Tao. He looked even more panicked and looked everywhere but Tao’s face. Sehun heard the others slightly chuckle at Kris’ reaction. But heck, Sehun would get nervous too if he was that close to a person as gloomy as Tao.

 

“Er. .uh. .heheh.. umph. . .s-so umm. Ok.” Kris let out a series of incoherent and nervous sounds and awkwardly returned to looking at his reflection, pouring another generous amount of toner into cotton and rubbing it in his face in an effort to look busy. It was probably just an excuse not to look at Tao. He looked like a nervous wreck. Sehun heard someone mumble “Oh Kris. .” amusedly.

 

But. .Sehun noticed that the look on Kris’ face was not one of fear, but of something else.

 

“Um. .” Tao started. “You look fine.” He said, awkwardly patting Kris on the back, making Kris flinch again, this time the hand holding the toner-filled cotton slipped, rubbing some of the toner into his eye.

Kris let out a yelp of pain and closed his left eye. “Gah!”

 

Tao’s black-rimmed eyes widened as he grabbed Kris’ face for examination. “Oh god! I’m so sorry!”

 

When Tao held Kris’ face, Kris completely forgot about the pain in his eye and opened it wide. Ouch, that just has to hurt. His left eye was now reddening.

 

Kris just looked wide-eyed at Tao, looking all frozen and crap. Tao looked at him confusedly.

 

“A-are you okay?”

 

But after a few moments he scampered away from Tao and began to laugh a laugh that was so forced and awkward that it was funny.

 

“Ahahahahhaha! Of-. .Of course I’m fine! This is nothing.” Kris stated.

 

Wow, he freaked when Suho slightly messed up his hair, but laughed(well, awkwardly) when Tao managed to get his eye all red.

 

“Are you sure?” Tao inquired.

 

“Hahahh yes.” Kris replied in feign confidence and returned to rubbing his face with toner, occasionally flicking a bang into place.

 

Tao nodded and went, though reluctantly, back to his spot, returning to reviving his house of cards.

 

Suddenly, realization hits Sehun like a bird hits a closed window, or how poo hits a car’s windshield. The way Kris was looking at Tao, it wasn’t because of fear at all.

 

He was flustered.

 

Sehun scrunched up his face and whispered to Baekhyun. “Oh god! He. .he likes him?”

 

Baekhyun let out a laugh. “Well, the people he dates are all girls, but he only reacts this way to Tao. Maybe that’s why the girls can feel that he doesn’t really connect with them.”

 

Sehun was a bit disturbed. He hasn’t really been exposed to people who liked the same gender.

 

Kris quickly finished sprucing up his face and mumbled a “I’ll be going now” to the other members.

 

“Uh. .If I were to hook up with a guy. .” Sehun started, at which Baekhyun looked at him suspiciously. “which is probably never going to happen.” He added quickly.

 

“I would pick someone who’s less, er. .scary.”

 

Kai and Chanyeol joined in on their conversation while Chen and Xiumin continued on with their ‘quarell’ which now escalated to flicking each other on the forehead, their arms flailing in attempts to block the other’s blows.

 

“Hm, don’t judge that panda yet, he’s actually pretty cool.” Kai said and then he leaned near Sehun. “And coming from a cool person such as myself, that’s saying something.” He continued, wriggling his eyebrows, like he was expecting Sehun to agree to his statement.

 

But all Sehun wanted right now was to say something,. .something that just had to be said. Something that just had to be done. He just couldn’t resist.

 

“So that must mean I’m hotter than you?” Sehun said.

 

The three just stared at him.

 

“Dude, that’s like, the oldest comeback ever.” Kai said.

 

“Im sorry, couldn’t resist.” Sehun said apologetically.

 

Baekhyun waved his hand dismissively. “Anyways, about Tao. He’s actually not as bad as he looks, quite the opposite actually.”

 

“How can you say that?” Sehun asked.

 

“What exactly do you find so scary about him?” Baekhyun inquired.

 

Sehun pondered for a bit as he took a sideways glance at Tao. With his jet-black hair, jet-black eyes, Cleopatra eyeliner, super pale face, all-black attire. Hmm. .Well, everything.

 

But Sehun didn’t want to sound superficial just yet so he just settled with “His glare.”

 

“That’s just his normal gaze.” Baekhyun casually explained. “He has the same look when he’s just staring blankly into space and not thinking about anything.”

 

Sehun looked at him incredulously.

 

“Uh. .well, he doesn’t talk that much.” Sehun said.

 

Baekhyun’s expression turned somber as his head dipped down slightly. “Hmm, .it’s kind of sad how he’s being misunderstood by him being silent. Because it’s actually not his fault, you see, when he was younger, he experienced this trauma, that’s why he had trouble speaking to people. It’s actually a condition of his”

 

Wow, now Sehun felt like a total .

 

“Gosh,. .I’m sorry.” He said remorsefully.

 

The three of them shot sharp barks of laughter.

 

“Hahahah,. .just messin’ with you, he’s just naturally a man of few words.” Baekhyun confessed.

 

Damn. .Now Sehun felt like a dweeb.

 

“That was good Baek.” Chanyeol complimented in between giggles. “The look on his face.”

 

Sehun was not liking this club even more.

 

“Anything else?” Baekhyun asked once more.

 

Sehun really didn’t want to answer anymore, but answered anyway, cause he felt like answering even though he didn’t want to answer. Okay never mind, that doesn’t make sense.

 

“Fine, his all-black clothes.”

 

Baekhyun, all sobered up from his laughing, looked at Sehun with sad eyes again.

 

“Actually. .”

 

“Oh hell no, don’t try pulling that on me twice.” Sehun snapped.

 

Baekhyun looked at him again, so did the other two. They shook their heads. “Baekhyun’s actually being honest on this one.”

 

Sehun, though still suspicious, remained quiet to hear the explanation.

 

Baekhyun urged Chanyeol to tell the story instead, like it was too painful for him to tell himself.

 

“Well, . .” Chanyeol spoke this time. “Tao, . .he. .he had this best friend called Junwan. They grew up together, did everything together, took the same major and everything. . and then there was a car crash. So yeah, Tao’s black clothes still say that he’s mourning. It’s only been a few months.”

 

Sehun nodded, and again, he felt like an .

 

“Oh. .wow, sorry.”

 

Sehun saw Baekhyun bury his face in his hands, shaking, Chanyeol giving out short, barking coughs all over the place, and Kai looking up, trying to obscure his face from Sehun’s slowly realizing one.

 

A mental slap resounded in Sehun’s mind as he dubbed himself as the most gullible guy in the face of the Earth.

 

“Okay, you can let it out now.”

 

Aaaand they did, they did without even an ounce of shame on making a new freshman club member feel like for the second time. Baekhyun finally released his laughing face from his hands. Chanyeol’s coughs turned into sharp snorts of laughter, and Kai just went full-blown douche and belted out his laughs.

 

Sehun consoled himself by fantasizing them choking on their laughs.

 

“I-haahah. .wew. haha can’t believe you fell for it the second time.” Baekhyun stated.

 

Sehun couldn’t believe it either.

 

“Chanyeol. That was ing GENIUS! Who would’ve thought of the name Junwan?. .you ing genius you.” Kai said, nudging a smug looking Chanyeol.

 

Well, Junwan is a pretty common name, Sehun thought to himself bitterly.

 

Kai slung an arm around Sehun. Seriously, why is everyone slinging an arm around him?

 

Sehun was starting to get reaaally irritated by this club.

 

“You’re a funny kid.”

 

Sehun flinched at the ‘kid’ comment. He wanted to go all Luhan-like and scream: ‘I’m not a Kid! I’m a freakin MAN!”

 

“I like you Sehun.” Kai stated.

 

Well, Sehun wished that the feeling was mutual, but it was definitely not.

 

~*^*~

Ok. .hahah I guess I'm not really satisfied with this chapter. But idk. .hahah 

pls do comment and subscribe and upvote. xDD

if u wanna.