Double Trouble

The Going Home Club

According to the Humanistic perspective, a topic that keeps recurring in his Psych classes, humans have innate goodness in them, that will definitely show when they are given an unconditional positive regard (a fancy term for a ‘chance’). So that’s why he always tries to see the good in people.

 

Except for one person, he realized that that innate goodness was impossible to see. For him anyways. It was definitely invisible, but apparently visible for everybody else, and no matter how hard Suho tried to look for it, it was always cloaked behind something.

 

Yixing just. .plainly hated him he guesses.

 

And he can’t believe that he cried when Yixing joked about liking him.

 

He means, it’s just classic Yixing right?

 

He should be used to Yixing hating his guts.

 

But why, did that particular joke hurt definitely more than others?

 

It hurt so much that he avoided going to the club room for a few days, and he loved that club, no matter how annoying and random the people were. But. .he just couldn’t bear to see Yixing’s face for awhile.

 

He tried reading books, to find out why he’s feeling the way he does.

 

Because, even though he doesn’t want to see Yixing, he wants to see him.

 

Okay, that doesn’t make sense.

 

He’ll just be honest. He know’s he’s supposed to NOT want to see Yixing, but. .he does. And he doesn’t know why. He keeps wondering if whether Yixing noticed him gone or whether Yixing thought of him as a for crying.

 

He just. .couldn’t. .stop thinking about him.

 

Maybe he’ just a masochistic bastard.

 

So when Yixing suddenly goes to his class, drags him to some empty hallway and suddenly says the reason he was being mean to him all this time was because he liked him, in the most surprising and stutteringly cute way possible, Suho’s head immediately turned to mush,  he doesn’t even care that maybe Yixing was joking with him again, or maybe this was all some kind of twisted dream.

 

 Suddenly, he found himself clasping his trembling hands around Yixing’s and saying the words:

 

“I only like it on you.”

 

And when he did, he wanted to slap himself, because that was so freaking corny, and damn. .does this mean he’s gay?

 

Well cruddy burgers, he guesses it does.

 

For a moment Suho wanted to run away, sit down in a corner and pull up his knees to his chest because of how weird and sudden everything was. But what  kept him in place was Yixing’s gaze.

 

It was so far from his usual sleepy and (for him) angry expression.

 

It was a look that really made want Suho to hug him. Yixing’s eyes were starting to get a bit red and his lower lip was quivering.

 

“Is. .is that. .a. . a joke?” he made out.

 

YES SUHO! TELL HIM IT’S JUST A JOKE! his gamer self screamed.

 

PLEASE!

 

Suho shook his head.

 

Gah. .softie.

 

“T-then can you say it again?” Yixing said, his voice sounding full, rich and. .well, happy. Suho got a glimpse of Yixing’s smile. It was so foreign to him, and he just realized. .how breathtaking it was.

 

Suho bowed his head down,  slightly pinking. His heart was beating so abnormally fast that he thought that his arteries might burst from too much oxygen.

 

He gulped. “I. .I only like it on you?” he muttered, voice getting quieter for every word.

 

He realized that he was no longer clasping Yixing, but now Yixing was already encasing his hands with his own.

 

“Wew.” Yixing’s face was strewn with both disbelief and absolute bliss, and Suho can’t believe that he was the reason for this. “Can you take out the words “it on”?”

 

Suho wanted to complain and say: dude. .you’re getting too demanding., or this is too embarrassing But maybe it was Yixing’s happy and beaming face (that he gets to see for the first time), that gets him complying to his every wish.

 

Suho closed his eyes.

 

“Ionlylikeyou” he said, probably too quickly and quietly, but apparently that’s all Yuxing needed, because he found himself getting pulled into Yixing’s embrace. His head resting on Yixing’s chest, his hands splayed awkwardly between them, and Yixing’s chin brushing against his hair. He managed to inhale Yixing’s intoxicating vanilla scent.

 

“I like you too. .very very much.” Yixing whispered, and even if Suho couldn’t see his face, he can just feel Yixing’s angelic smile.

 

And that’s where Suho confirmed it. It wasn’t the scent, it wasn’t the vanilla he liked. .it was just Yixing.

 

He surprised himself and Yixing by wrapping his arms tightly around the other’s shoulders, and practically melting into the hug.

 

If its for Yixing, he guesses he can be a masochist.

 

 

but o-of course. .NOT in that freaky ual way, you green-minded people.

 


Tao really didn’t think this through.

 

He really really didn’t

 

A few moments ago he just had the sudden discovery that he apparently liked Kris, thus having the urge to go find the the man, therefore running away from Xiumin without even planning what to do when he finds the man.

 

Damn it.

 

The said man was already in sight. He saw Kris wandering aimlessly in some street, looking pathetically lost. The urge was also lost, and was replaced with a whole lot of butterflies pounding inside his stomach.

 

M-maybe this is just a phase you know?

 

Like a spur of the moment or something.

 

He had a few male crushes before. Like. .when he saw Johnny Depp that one time (come on, who doesn’t have a crush on Johnny Depp?), but he always got over it, because his next crush was Kierra Knightley. Yeah. .pirates.

 

But this was totally different. Because Kris was so real and was so close. .and it was just so different.

 

he sounds like a ing school girl.

 

The Red Dragon would NEVER be caught acting like this.

 

He clenched his fists, and shifted his position, the grating of his sneakers along the concrete calming him for some reason.

 

But maybe. .I’ll just be Tao for a while

 

So what if this is just a phase?

 

So what if this makes him gay?

 

It was worth a damn shot.

 

He locked eyes on Kris, and opened his mouth; his voice being replaced with an airy hiccup.

 

Ah. .Huang Zhitao you pathetic human being.

 

He swallowed thickly and tried again.

 

“YAH!” he called out, successfully this time, making Kris immediately turn around, distress immediately gracing his features.

 

“Don’t you dare run away.” Tao said lowly, though he really didn’t have to resort to the threat because the petrified Kris was obviously going nowhere. While walking, their eyes were locked, and it amazed him how Kris, though looking scared as , did not look away. It was like some sort of force kept them looking at each other.

 

“I. . .I. .” Kris stuttered as Tao was only just a meter away.

 

“Shut up.” Tao closed his eyes and mentally prepared himself for what he was about to do. “I . .j-just have to try something.”

 

Tao raised his arms, making Kris immediately flinch and shield his chin from more pain.

 

But instead, Tao threw away his pride and shame and just put his arms around Kris’ neck and pushed himself towards the other, catching Kris in a very very very unexpected hug.

 

Tao’s heart was beating abnormally fast, and he could tell that Kris’ was too, since his face was practically squashed against Kris’ chest.

 

 

And damn. .it felt awkward, ill-placed and all things unnatural, but he definitely felt something. Remember that clichéd description that it feels like fireworks? Well it’s complete bull, because it feels more like electricity running through your veins, taking away your ability to move. Tao just. .was frozen.

 

And so was Kris.

 

They stayed like that for a couple of seconds until Kris slightly pulled away.

 

He expected Kris to run, again,. .heck, he would run too if he could, but the electricity and Kris’ stare was nailing him in place, his arms were still entwined around Kris’s shoulders, but Kris’ left arm now found its away to Tao’s waist.

 

Kris’ looked down at him, breathing heavy and expression, no longer distressed, but unreadable. He tucked a finger under Tao’s chin and said.

 

“I dare you to hit me again.” Kris almost growled. If looks could melt, Tao would be a black and white pile of goo on the concrete by now.

 

Though unreadable, there was definitely something crazy swimming through Kris’ dark brown eyes.

 

And for some reason Tao wants to figure out just how crazy Kris can get.

 

The blonde tilted his chin up and swooped down.

 

Then their lips met. again.

 

 

 

 

The electricity multiplied and practically just had Tao wanting to drop to the floor and explode. So this is what they meant by ‘fireworks’. He felt himself melt under Kris. Even if he knows that he’s way stronger than him. For the first time, in a long time, Tao felt. .weak.

 

Neither of them cared that they were in the ing middle of a ing street. Neither of them cared if they were both guys, neither of them cared that they were in the same ing club and this would make it so ing awkward afterwards.

 

Because at the moment, all of the awkwardness melted away; it just felt. .right.

 

The kiss was quick and chaste but it left Tao breathing like he just fought a whole gang by himself.

 

They both pulled away and opened their eyes. When Kris did, it was like he couldn’t believe what he’d just done. The crazy look was gone and was replaced with crazy uncomfortableness.

 

“I j-just. .wanted to try that too.” Kris nervously said, reverting back to his distressed self. Face as red Suho’s hair.

 

What.the..

 

 

Why is Kris suddenly so handsome?

 

. .

 

 

What he feels is definitely not normal.

 

 

And he’s definitely not straight anymore.

 

 

And this definitely is not just a phase.

 

. . . And he’s definitely panicking again. But when he looked at Kris, whose face screamed ‘Hey, I’m just as freaked out as you are’,  . . .he started.. well, laughing; startling Kris.

 

 

He just laughed at the ridiculousness of it all, that he, Tao, liked him, Kris.  And he, Kris, apparently liked him, Tao.

 

So he just decided to just roll with it and not question anything and everything for once. He gave Kris another hug, making Kris stiffen.

 

“No hives this time?”

 

At his playfulness, he felt Kris loosen up, and even give out a slight chuckle.

 

“Wait ‘til the morning.” he joked while also wrapping his arms around the other.

 


 

Luhan wants to put the couch he’s sitting on into a blender and just pulverize it, he wants to stuff his pen inside a moving fan, making it explode into a hundred little shrapnels and burn it’s remains.

 

Basically he wants to destroy.

 

He wants to destroy this classroom, burn the whole accounting course. .heck he wants to burn the entire ing school.

 

Why? Why is Luhan acting like a dopamine-deprived psycho?

 

The answer is simple.

 

OH SEHUN JUST SAW HIM IN HIS MOST UNFLATTERING STATE!

 

and he has a rather small range of unflattering states, cuz most of the time, he’s awesome. But yeah. ..Sehun saw him in his only moment of vulnerability.

 

Namely, that cursed flower zombie state that without fail makes its appearance whenever he’s sleep deprived. ty

 

He should’ve just failed that exam rather than show that.. .that monster.

 

Ok, never mind, Xi Luhan NEVER fails. But he also NEVER clings to Oh Sehun’s arm, or blows on Oh Sehun’s ear, or sleeps on Oh Sehun’s lap. He just wanted to believe that it was all just some twisted joke, but apparently Baekhyun documented every embarrassing thing his zombie self did (via pictures and extremely detailed play-by-plays).

 

Words can not express how much he hates himself right now.

 

The first thought he had when he knew that Sehun. . GAH how he despises that name, saw him in that cursed state, was of course, avoid the club room for a while. You know, smell some fresh flowers, walk on green meadows for awhile until the urge to pull out his hair when he sees Sehun will be gone.

 

But NO

 

That would be like chickening out.

 

And he never chickens out.

 

Oooh. .maybe that’s why he doesn’t like chicken. He’s more of a beef person.

 

So yeah, he’s sitting on this club couch at 3 pm, way too early for the meeting to start. But he’s sitting, that’s how uncowardly he is.

 

He’s still pretty much alone in the clubroom ever since a panicking Chanyeol woke up from the kitchen about thirty minutes ago and yelled whilst looking at his watch.

“Crap! I told myself it was just gonna be a 15 minute nap!” and left thunderously through the door.

 

Luhan briefly closed the Trigonometry book he’s been memorizing cover to cover and closed his eyes to absorb the formulas and recite them in his head, but failed.

 

“, if only I can eat this book.” he sighed, massaging his throbbing temples. He’s still sleepy and his exams were sill going on, but he tried so hard to not be Flower-zombie Luhan again.

 

“You’d better add a lot of sugar then.” an amused voice breaks up his thoughts.

 

Luhan flinched and glared at the source of everything rotten.

Before Luhan could even retort, Sehun spoke again.

 

“Cuz you know, you apparently like sweet stuff, like cupcakes and raspberries and raspberry cupcakes and. . “ Sehun enumerated the things Luhan practically spazzed about when he was sleep-deprived and Luhan wanted to shoot Sehun’s pretty,(. .wait. pretty? nevermind,) little mouth off.

 

“I thought you hated sweets?” Sehun cocked an eyebrow at him as he sat on the armchair opposite Luhan, still with that cocky amused grin.

 

“I do.”

 

He doesn’t, he damn loves them.

 

He dies inside every time he has his coffee black

 

But of course, nobody in the whole wide world, especially a grinning Oh Sehun needs to know that.

 

“And you seem to have a great liking towards quote: Weelly fwuffy and adowable bwunnies.”

 

. He ING SAID THAT?

 

DAMN YOU SLEEPY-LUHAN!

 

“I don’t”

 

Luhan was just boiling inside, and Sehun’s smug face sure wasn’t helping.

 

“And apparently you thought that my lap was also fluffy an---“

                                                 

That’s where Luhan snapped, with an agitated and embarrassed scream he lunged foreward and tackled Sehun on the armchair and pinned the male’s wrists above his head.

 

“Another word and I’ll stab you with Chanyeol’s fork.” Luhan said lowly, all the while looking at Sehun  who came from smug smirks and playful tones to wide eyes and an agape mouth.

 

Honestly, If Sehun wasn’t going to shut up, Luhan might’ve actually done that.  Embarrassment and agitation are a dangerous mix.

 

But of course, Sehun also doesn’t need to know that Chanyeol stopped using forks since the last time he used one, he accidentally stabbed his tongue.

 


 

Sehun has said this to himself a million of times, he has this habit of always causing himself trouble, but only Luhan-related trouble. He usually avoids trouble like a flesh-eating plague, but with Luhan, he just can’t help it.

 

Maybe it was the flustered look on Luhan as he exposed Luhan’s subconscious liking to fwuffy bwunnies  that made it gratifying or maybe it was they way Luhan tensed when he knew Sehun found out about his sweet tooth that made Sehun want to push him even more.

 

But . .he got himself into something completely scary when he lied to Luhan that he found his lap fluffy (since even flower-zombie Luhan considered his lap bony as ).

 

Luhan was going all crazy on him.

 

Not annoying crazy or over-achiever crazy, but crazy as in when he called him a ‘kid’ on their first meeting.

 

Only this time it was ten times worse because as soon as he said the lie, he felt strong arms pin his wrists above his head, making his body slide low into the leather surface of the armchair, with Luhan hovering above him.

 

Sehun should scream or something. To hell with pride.

 

But he found his voice stuck on his throat, he gulped when he looked up at Luhan. His heart ramming against his chest, not quite sure if it was because of fear or something else.

 

Luhan leant threateningly close.

 

“I dare you to say something.” Luhan said threateningly. “I’ll really stab you, you know.”

 

He was so close that Sehun felt his breath tickling his nose. He was so close that he saw the freckle right underneath Luhans left eye. He was so close that he was able to smell the fabric conditioner on Luhan’s collar. He was so close, that for some reason he wanted them to be even closer. .

 

Sehun felt his body tug him slightly forwards.

 

A cough echoed through the room, making Luhan and Sehun look at the source: A shocked and strangely amused Chen.

 

“Woa.”  Chen mused. “Not even in a closet this time?”

 

Kai emerged from behind Chen and whistled. “Wew, stab him with what Luhan?” he winked in the only way he knows how; suggestively.

 

Luhan immediately hopped off the armchair and made a sour face. “You are one disgusting man Kai.”

 

Luhan was so busy fending off the two prankster’s snarky remarks that he three of them didn’t notice Sehun going to the bathroom and splashing cold water on his face.

 

Sehun looked nervously at his reflection. Confusion evident in his creased eyebrows.

 

“Seiously.” he whispered. “What the is wrong with you?”

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

Everyone of them was there, except for Yixing and Suho (who knows where they’ve been for the past few days).

 

You couldn’t cut the tension with a knife even if you wanted to.

 

They were all in the living room.

 

No sounds of plates clinking, no chewing of food, no sounds of Chen texting, no sounds of Chanyeol flipping through a manga, not even the usual cursing due to videogames.

 

There was just. .silence.

 

And even more tension. .and anticipation.

 

Good ol’ Kyungsoo decided he had enough.

 

“So. .uh. .what happened?” he addressed to the two men seated on the couch who looked as guilty as they murdered someone.

 

“He. .uh. . .uh. .” Tao started.

 

Everybody leant in. They knew that Xiumin wasn’t one to lie, but it was still unbelievable.

 

“He uh. .you know, kissed me, . .and now we’re uh. .”

 

The door opened with a bang and in came a panicked looking Suho.

 

“I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE! YXING AND I ARE TOGETHER!” he said, red-faced an panting. An equally flustered Yixing face-palming behind him.

 

At Suho’s outburst, everybody practically lagged for a few minutes.

 

What the ?

 

Where the hell did that come from?

 

“WHAT?” Xiumin stood up, both shocked and angry at himself for not noticing Yixing and Suho’s apparent love affair.

 

“Woa! like are you ting us?” Kai immediately went over to Suho and Yixing to bombard them with tons of questions along the lines of ‘who’s the girl?’ and ‘what base are you on?’

 

“So that’s what you guys have been doing for the past few days.” Chen marveled.

 

“The hell? how could I not know about this?” Baekhyun -fitted.

 

Everybody was now crowding around Yixing and Suho, leaving Tao and Kris alone.

 

Kris heaved a breath.

 

“Thank God for Suho’s impulsiveness.” he said. expecting to see another look of relief on Tao’s face, but didn’t.

 

Tao’s eyes were wide and his mouth was wide open.

 

“Uh Ta--?”

 

“WHAT THE HELL? YOU GUYS ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP?” Tao screeched as he headed to Suho and Yixing.

 

Kris was left alone.

 

“We’re in a relationship too you know.” he mumbled.

 

~*^*~

 

Hides behind a bush. EM SORRY GUYS.

SO LAGGY. ME UPDATES.

 

BUT I promise you guys, I'm trying my best. hahaha btw, i haven't reread this yet hohoho. so that I'll be able to update earlier. so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes. =))

anywaaayss! I am so excited to write the next chapter. I've been dying to develop baekyeol and Kaisoo. them couples don't get enough screen time.

Also, please do subscrib, upvote and comment. hehehhehe