Lies Can Do You Good.

Lies Can Do You Good.

 

I am an aristocrat. I wasn't always one, but one simple lie got me from the life of trash to the life of cash.

Okay, Let's get to the story

 

Once Upon a Time,

.

.

.

LOL, kidding! This isn't one of those old time 'I'm a princess, save me!' stories. The reason for that is:

1) I'm a guy.

2) This story takes place in modern day Seoul.

And do you know what that means?

Well, it means

  • No Castles
  • No wimpy straw houses
  • No horses
  • No royalty (even though I consider myself pretty high myself)

 

... Ok, Ok, Ok, I'll start I'll start. You've waited long enough.

 

It all started when I bought my ingredients...

 

 

~∆~

 

 

"I'M HOME!" A small boy named Kyungsoo burst through the front door with multiple groceries.

From the living room, a gentle-faced male named Suho exclaimed, "FINALLY!" Suho sighed in relief before dragging the confused boy farther into the house. "Kyungsoo. I need your help." Suho stared into Kyungsoo's eyes.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened in worry. "What?"

"I can't find my 50,000 ₩. I need that money to pay my share of the rent." Suho explained.

Kyungsoo slowly moved the plastic bag that was hanging in his hand, so it would be hidden behind his leg. "What 50,000₩?" Kyungsoo cocked his head, feigning innocence.

Suho groaned. "The one that was on the counter top this morning!"

Kyungsoo contemplated for a second. "I don't remember seeing it." Kyungsoo mumbled.

*THUD*

Kyungsoo froze and Suho looked around the house.

"What was that?" Suho questioned.

Kyungsoo felt the loss in weight from the bag and he shifted his feet to hide the jar of kimchi that was laying on the floor. "I don't know..." Kyungsoo rapidly thought for an escape route. "I think it came from the kitchen. I'll go check." Kyungsoo smiled in assurance before attempting to escape.

"Wait." Suho called and Kyungsoo froze before gently turning around again.

"Yeah?" Kyungsoo rested his hands on his hips, using his bottom to keep the bag behind him.

"What's behind your back?" Suho asked while advancing towards Kyungsoo.

"U-ummm... just some groceries." Kyungsoo finally revealed the bulging bag, full of both organic and processed foods.

Suho's eyebrows furrowed for a second. "You said you couldn't afford anything because of the rent." Suho said, waiting for an answer. "You found a job?"

Kyungsoo avoided eye contact with Suho. "No..."

Suho sighed, "Then how did you-" A look of realization spread across Suho's face.

Kyungsoo weakly smiled. "Yeah... the countertop, you said?"

Suho groaned. "You are sooo lucky that I am who I am." He took out his phone and started to dial, "I'll just call my boss and ask if I can work overtime today."

Kyungsoo's heart ached in guilt. "Sorry, Suho! I found this recipe online and I just had to try it!" Kyungsoo glanced at his groceries. "You can return them, I'll just make it another day..."

Suho shook his head. "It's okay, your recipes were calling you, I get it." Suho started to walk to his bedroom. "Now I got to make this phone call."

 

~∆~

 

Suho stood behind the counter in his brown apron. He worked at the local café as the head barista. With a wet cloth in hand, he wiped the counter clean of any spills. His mind wandered to his roommate, Kyungsoo, then to his lost 50,000 won. Soon enough, he was unconciously singing:

My roommate is such a

He spent my $50 so quick.

He laughed to himself at his little rhyme, not noticing the man standing opposite of the cash register.

 

"Ahem." The man politely said to get Suho's attention.

Suho quickly looked up and saw the tall man with the face of a stripper. He quickly made his way to the counter. "Sorry, sir, what would you like?"

The man smiled. "I would like to hear what you were singing."

"Oh..." Suho went into panic mode inwardly. "It was nothing important."

"I still want to hear it." The man had a tone of confidence and leadership.

Suho's mind quickly ran to find another rhyme. "Ummm... My roommate is so financially quick, he earned $50 in one flick." Suho mumbled, wanting to facepalm himself because it sounded so stupid.

The two men stared at each other for what seemed like years. Suddenly, the mysterious man spoke up. "My name is Kai. I'm looking for someone who is good at making money." Suho's eyes lit up. 

"Bring me your roommate and for 11 months, he'll be my apprentice, know all my preferences and practically become the me of my dreams. For the last month, he'll have to earn enough money for each of the workers in my whole company to get $1,000 each and every day. If he doesn't, I'll kill him." Kai explained. "We got a deal?"

Suho was frozen. "I-isn't murder illegal?" Suho weakly mumbled.

"Not for the wealthy." Kai grinned. "You seriously don't know me, do you?"

Suho only stared, his face completely blank.

"I knew it." Kai sighed. "I'm the President of the Kim Corporation."

Suho's ears perked at the familiar name. The name of the biggest corporation in Korea.

"I guess we have a deal." Kai whispered before exiting the café, leaving Suho unable to speak.

 

~∆~

 

"YOU WHAT?!?!" Kyungsoo screeched at his roommate.

"I know I know, but it was the only thing I could think of." Suho explained.

Kyungsoo paced back and forth through their shared living room. "You know that the one thing I can't do is make money. I can cook, I can sing, I can be a person named Do Kyungsoo, but I CANNOT make money."

Suho sighed. "I recognized my mistake, but I really didn't think he'd propose something like that!"

Kyungsoo groaned. "What am I supposed to do.... I can't just ignore him, he'll find us. But I don't want to go because he'll kill me." Suho remained immobile on the couch. "Should I just go?" Kyungsoo questioned.

"We have eleven months to figure this out." Suho honestly said.

"True..." Kyungsoo whispered to himself.

"And it also could be a good experience." Suho convinced Kyungsoo even more.

Kyungsoo plopped down next to Suho on the couch. "That's also true."

Suho patted Kyungsoo on the head. "It's going to be okay."

Kyungsoo gave up and just sat with his head back. The two sat in complete silence for 30 minutes. "But what if he actually wants me to flick and make money?"

Suho chuckled, "I doubt that that'll happen."

 

He was wrong.

 

~∆~

 

 

Suho and Kyungsoo hesitantly walked up to the main office building of Kim Corporation, but before they could walk in, Kai stopped them.

"So this must be your roommate, Suho." Kai happily exclaimed.

"How do you know my name?" Suho inquired. "I don't think I ever told you..."

Kai shook his head while chuckling. "It was on your uniform, bright boy."

Suho hung his head in embarrassment before pushing Kyungsoo in front of him. "This is Do Kyungsoo, my roommate."

Kyungsoo's eyes widened into huge circles before he awkwardly waved, "Hello."

Kai looked at Kyungsoo, then smirked. Kyungsoo could feel his heart start to race, and he knew it wasn't because of his nervousness.

"Do Kyungsoo." Kai repeated the name, allowing it to get comfortable in his mouth. "Time to start." Kai grabbed Kyungsoo's hand abruptly and left without even letting Kyungsoo say goodbye to Suho.

 

Throughout the months Kai learned that Kyungsoo could sing, cook and had an extreme 4-D personality while Kyungsoo learned that Kai danced in his free time. Kyungsoo would even say that Kai looked 'Like a little ballerina.' Kai didn't enjoy it, but he couldn't care less. The relationship between the two grew more and more each day before they could barely stay apart. Kai would constantly gift Kyungsoo with flowers or chocolates or even the $2,000 Louis Vuitton bag. On the other hand, Kyungsoo would return the favor with a quick peck to the cheek or a homemade dinner. 

Kai said he didn't need material things.

As the eleventh month was at it's end, Kyungsoo hoped that Kai forgot about their agreement, or at least that Kai loved him enough to stop it.

 

He was wrong.

 

~∆~

 

 

In the afternoon of the first day of the twelfth month, Kai blindfolded Kyungsoo and led him to a room. Once Kai took the blindfold off, Kyungsoo could see nothing in the room except for a toilet, a window and a stool.

Kyungsoo's heart started to race. He wants me to make the money...

Kai turned Kyungsoo around and smiled. "Hey, baby, you have to do this." Kai soothed Kyungsoo. "I made a promise with my workers, they'll get mad if they don't get their end of the bargain."

Kyungsoo was only half listening because he was worried on how Kai was going to kill him in the morning.

"Kyungsoo?" Kai called once Kyungsoo failed to reply. "You got to make the money. I don't want to kill you." Kai took Kyungsoo's face in his hand and slowly leaned down. Their lips were only centimeters apart and each could feel the warm puffs of breath against their face. Kyungsoo then raised up onto his toes and made their lips connect. They knew if Kyungsoo didn't complete the task, this would be the last moment they would have together.

"I love you." Kai slowly whispered into Kyungsoo's ear.

"I love you, too." Kyungsoo bitterly smiled before closing the door on Kai.

 

Kyungsoo then turned around and truly attempted to make money out of nothing. From snapping to chanting to wildly begging to any god out there, Kyungsoo tried his very best. Sadly, nothing happened.

Kyungsoo sat slumped on the lone stool with his hope and heart shattered. From out the window, Kyungsoo could see the sky brightening from the rising sun and he started weeping because today would be his death day.

*knock knock knock*

Kyungsoo spun his head around. He can't be here... not yet...

Kyungsoo trudged to the door with tears spilling from his eyes. As he opened the door, he hung his head to hide his teary eyes.

"Hello."

Kyungsoo looked up. The voice was completely alien and once Kyungsoo saw the stranger at the door, Kyungsoo's heart leaped with joy.

"Why are you crying?" The stranger invited himself into the bland room before taking Kyungsoo's place on the stool.

"Nothing..." Kyungsoo replied, allowing the stranger to stay.

"Oh, c'mon. It's something, you're crying for Pete's sake!" The man complained.

"Fine, fine, fine." Kyungsoo sat cross-legged on the ground. "I needed to make $1,000 for each worker in the Kim Corporation each night or I'll be killed." Kyungsoo admitted. "It's the first night and I've made nothing."

The man sat staring at Kyungsoo for a minute. "I'll make it for you."

Kyungsoo glanced up, wondering if his ears were decieving him. "You what?"

The starnger smiled. "I said I'll make the money for you."

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes. "What's the catch?"

The stranger raised his eyebrow. "Hmmm... You get three guesses every night. Guess my name in a month, no pay. If not, it would seem that I deserve your voice... and you... and perhaps your lover too." The man grinned.

Kyungsoo gaped at the man. "NO WAY!"

The man only stood. "Okay, your problem now." He started to exit the room.

"WAIT!" Kyungsoo called. "Do it, do it. We have a deal."

The stranger smiled before he snapped his fingers and immediately, hundreds of gold bars appeared in the room. "Each one bar is $1,000. Your welcome. Now 3 guesses."

Kyungsoo examined the man. Brown hair... short, but taller than me... is he wearing eyeliner? He seems korean, though.

"Uhh... Kim Minwoo." Kyungsoo made-up. The stranger shook his head happily. "Choi Siwon." The stranger rolled his eyes at the name. "Lee Minho."

"3 STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT!" The stranger sang. "Only 29 days left~" The stranger sang threateningly, but Kyungsoo was stuck on how beautiful the man's voice was.

 

~∆~

 

 

For the rest of the month, this happened each night. The stranger made the money, Kyungsoo guessed 3 wrong names and in the morning Kai embraced Kyungsoo in a bone crushing hug then quickly pecked his lips before anyone could notice.

Today was the day. Kyungsoo knew that if he didn't get the three names by tonight... bye, bye happiness and bye, bye Kai. Kyungsoo was currently laying depressed in his room, trying to think of the strangers name. He already said names from Stevie to Jin Bao Ying, yet none were correct.

*knock knock knock*

Kyungsoo panicked. He can't take me to the room yet! It's barely noon!

Kai suddenly let himself in with a huge grin on him face. "Kyunggie! You will never guess what I've seen today!" Kai started laughing to himself.

Kyungsoo only sighed. "I'm getting tired on guessing..." He mumbled to himself.

"What was that?" Kai asked because he was laughing too hard to hear the words.

"I said what did you see?" Kyungsoo lied.

Kai smiled widely before starting. "Okay, so I was walking down the street to go to your roommate's café, since you know, one day till you're free and I don't have to kill you." Kai put on a 'duh' face. "But in this alleyway, I heard this singing. It was beautiful, almost as beautiful as your voice, I promise you. And it is pretty hard to impress good ole Kai over here." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, but continued to listen anyway. "Now I started to walk into the alleyway and you might think 'what would a rich man do in an alleyway?' But I was curious and I don't get killed by it like cats do, so this small man... sorry Kyunggie, I still think he was taller than you..." Kyungsoo ignored the comment, but his ears perked at the familiar description. "This small, itsy, bitsy man that was decked out in freakin guyliner was dancing and singing around this pile of gold he had. I don't know where he got it, I hope he didn't steal it, but his brown hair was bouncing up and down and he was snapping and singing full of joy. He looked kind of retarded..."

"Okay, Okay, can you get to the point?" Kyungsoo asked feeling excited, but at the same time annoyed.

"There isn't really a point." Kai paused while looking at Kyungsoo. "But the only thing he was singing was his name."

Kyungsoo's heart flipped. If this seriously who I think it is... Kai I will love you forever...

"What's his name?" Kyungsoo inquired.

"He was singing, 'One more day and I won, Because my name is Byun Baekhyun.'" Kai said. "When does winning and names ever come together, like ever."

To Kai the whole scene was hilarious and random, but to Kyungsoo, the whole scene was a lifesaver. Kyungsoo kept in his bursting joy and only grinned. 

"That's all though..." Kai ended rather boringly. "Now get ready, it's almost time for your last night."

Kyungsoo smiled and this time, he didn't fear the night at all.

 

~∆~

 

 

That night the stranger came. Within a short period of time, he gathered up the required amount of gold and set it in the room. "Now, what's my name?" The stranger grinned.

Kyungsoo pretended to be afraid. "I-is it... Kevin?"

The stranger's smile spread. "No it ain't~" He teased.

"Then is it... Sungmin?" Kyungsoo asked again.

The stranger laughed aloud before advancing into the room. "No it ain't. Take your time, one more guess and you're mine." The stranger reached out to grab Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo took a few steps back before smiling with confidence, Kyungsoo pointed to the stranger before stating, "No more days, but I won because your name is Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun froze before a frown appeared on his face. "NO! You aren't supposed to know..." Baekhyun stomped like a little kid.

"Well, I do." Kyungsoo laughed. Baekhyun looked down at his hands, his whole being started to fall into dust and before Kyungsoo could even contemplate what was going on, Baekhyun was a pile of stuff on the ground. "What the hell?"

 

~∆~

 

 

In the morning, Kai came into the room and the moment he saw the golden bars, he ran toward Kyungsoo, just like the days before, but today, he knelt on one knee.

"Do Kyungsoo." Kai grinned. "Would you be willing to change your name to Kim for me?"

Kyungsoo pretended to be ignorant. "And why would I do that?"

Kai took out a small box from his pocket. "Because I want to ask if you'll marry me."

Kyungsoo smiled before vigorously nodding his head. "Yes, Yes I will."

Kai stood up before capturing Kyungsoo's lips in another loving kiss.

 

A/N:

Thank You for reading! I hope you liked my different approach on Tom Tit Tot!!