Falling

Broken

 

"I want a divorce," a woman with pale milky skin and pitch black hair says across the table. She places her fork down and looks up at the man that is her so called husband. The man with a slight tan and blond hair stares at her in awe as his fork slips from his hand and mouth gapes open.
"W-What?" he asks, his voice low and frightened by the sudden remark. He stairs deeply into her eyes hoping he misunderstood her.
She looks back to him, making sure to make direct eye contact and repeats her words, "I want a divorce," her eyes convey no emotions.
"W-what?! Why?!" his voice trembles in fear of the worst, fearing that she knew his secret and for that she asked for the divorce.
"I can't stay married to a man like you," she speaks out as she places her napkin on the table. Still there is no sign of any type of emotion on her face.
The man stays silent.
It had been first time in four months that he had taken her out, just the two of them without their infant twins, and to be dispensed with such news, he couldn't seem to process it. She was the mother of his two precious children and the love of his life, how could she want this? They loved each other didn't they? Or at least that was what he claimed.
The woman with pale skin arises from her seat and retrieves her coat and heads for the door. In a haste the man raises from his seat, slams the money on the table (more than is needed) and rushes out the door in pursuit of his precious wife. His character is frantic as he searches for her small frame throughout the crowd.
He finally spots her a few blocks ahead. The bright red bow on the back of her head was quit hard to miss. He sprints forward and reaches for her and as soon as he archives his goal, he yanks her back causing her to almost fall. Luckily he was able to stop her from falling.
She stares at him once again with her cold blank stare and says nothing wait to see what he has to say to her.
"W-Why?" he asks, "Why all of a sudden do you say this to me? What have I done wrong?" his voice shaken as he utters the last words.
She doesn't respond she stares at him blankly, her expression never changing once. He really did take her for an idiot, thinking that she would never find out, what a lie.
Seeing that she does not respond, he cups her face and pulls her in for a gentle but passionate kiss, yet she does not respond to it. She stays still and lets him continue his one sided kiss. He pulls back slowly when he sees that it's useless to continue and knowing that she would not return the kiss.
"I love you," he utters softly as he embraces her.
Pushing away from him she stares at him with now soulless eyes, "but you love and want her." she release his grip and steps away from him.
"H-how . . ." he questions in utter shock. "How can you even think that I would . . .?”
"I'm not stupid," she states, "I've known since the very beginning." he stays quit. Seeing that he says nothing she decides to continue, "I didn't even consider it a lie. Why would I hurt myself trying to believe that it wasn't true when I knew it was? All those late night phone calls, come home in the early hours of the morning, sneaking into the bed thinking I wouldn't notice that you had come in. Those times you wouldn't come home for long periods of time. I can't take it anymore, all this time I endured it because of my babies, thinking it would be best if their parents were together, even if I was slowly dying inside I didn't care. But the worst thing was that you couldn't even wait till they were born! They aren't even seven months old for god’s sake! We made a promise, damn it! Do you even remember?!" she shouts at him.
"I-I . . ." he stutters out, and takes notice of the tears that stream down her doll like face.
"We said that if we ever found someone else, we would tell each other no matter what the situation may be, and we would end this marriage with no regrets!" the unconscious tears kept coming, "I want to go home," wiping her tears.
-----
 
Well what ya guys think? Good? Bad? Should I continue? Please coment and tell me your thoughts on it thanks