Episode 1

WGM S5 SMTown Special

 

In 2013, MBC and SM Entertainment have agreed on a project. With the rising popularity of SM artists, the broadcasting company delivers a proposal and SM full-heartedly accepts. Therefore, the entire season 5 of MBC’s ‘We Got Married’ will be focused on SM artists only. And the loyal viewers are in for a surprise.

~~~

There was a meeting going to be held today. A very big meeting, our manager said. It was a surprise that all the staff members, the trainees and the artists were required to attend. Choi Siwon furrowed his eyebrows. It was very unusual. The CEO had hosted several meetings before but it was unheard of that the entire family must attend. What was more surprising was that the company owner, Lee Soo-man was also present. It was unheard of!

This must be something big. Like really...really big.

It was crowded in the cafeteria, the one place decided for the early meeting. Hushed whispers passed and by the time the CEO and Lee Soo-man walked in, it was already buzzing with voices getting higher and higher by the second. Everybody was curious and everybody was nervous.

“Settle down, everyone!” And obediently, the area was almost silent.

Choi Siwon gladly welcomed the peace as he focused onto the figure of Kim Young-min, the current CEO. Sat beside Siwon was a quiet Donghae and he could see Super Junior’s members scattered around in random seats with their label mates. He glimpsed the familiar faces of other groups and singers. Across the room, he met eyes with a very alert Cho Kyuhyun sitting next to TVXQ’s Max Changmin nursing an unfinished breakfast.

He raised an eyebrow in greeting to their magnae but Kyuhyun only shook his head once and diverted his eyes from Siwon.

“Good morning, everybody,” The CEO’s voice echoed and Siwon paid attention. Chorus of replies greeted the smiling man back.

“I have very important news to tell and I want all to listen carefully. This year, our label company has signed an agreement with the Munhwa Broadcasting, MBC, for a very special project. It’s a project where all members of the SM Entertainment, the SM family are involved. This project is to help us in expanding our influence and credibility to a higher level. Another reason is that this project is to celebrate the 18th anniversary of SM.”

Siwon listened intently.

“Now, this project that we agreed on is MBC’s We Got Married.” And Siwon widened his eyes, confused.

“There are a lot of details need to be discussed and any questions, please ask after my explanation is finished,” Kim Young-min said. Papers were passed around as their CEO continued.

“Okay, so the next season of WGM is our very own SMTOWN Special. Only our artists will be involved. The choosing of couples will begin after a press conference later. 60% of the votes will be an online voting by the public and the rest will be up to our own management’s decision. As I’ve said before, this project is special so I advise all of you to expect the unexpected.”

After that, the CEO continued with his explanation – doing it thoroughly. Siwon was time and time again getting somewhat distracted as he was more interested in reading the 3-page papers in his hands. He noticed Donghae was doing the same.

And before long, the CEO bid them farewell and they were dismissed. The air was full of enthusiastic chatters and Siwon was glad it was over. He weaved his way through the crowd, still tired and a bit jetlagged and escaped into Super Junior’s frequented practice room and landed himself onto the lone sofa by the wall.

He sighed. Finally, he could rest as he drowsily closed his eyes.