Chapter 2 : Protection of Love

Winter Days.

A/N : Yup author note is at the top now! This chapter will be mostly revolving around two of the important characters that will be starring in this fanfic. Hyunjin and Krystal. Taeyeon and Jessica aren't really going to be active in the rising actions. But anyways I hope you enjoy reading my lovely unicorns~ btw. HYunjin is a modified version of your author. 

-ahem yes I was named Baek Hyunjin by some of my closest friends, so that is how i came up with the character name- 

-(Hyunjin)

----

They entered the cafe and got into the line. "So Taeyeon, what city did your family live in?" Jessica tried sparking up a conversation since it was again getting awkward although there were other people in the cafe with them. 

"We lived in Japan... Osaka to be exact..." Taeyeon said. "We were only there for a few months since my dad did an expansion in Japan... My brother is taking care of the store there." 

"Ah... So I'm guessing your dad's glasses shop is really popular." Jessica said. too easily.

"Yeah, Do you know the flute soloist Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked.

"I love her pieces!" Jessica said in excitement. 

"Since her family is close with mine, she comes to us if she ever needs a pair. We're practically like sisters..." Taeyeon said and smiled, again like it wasn't a big deal. But in this situation she was with one of the biggest fans of Tiffany so of course Jessica wouldn't stop asking the girl questions.

"What kind of candy does she like? Anything pink?" Jessica kept asking more about the color pink.

"Calm down Jessica... She's in the US for a while, she's working on her composing, so if you want to meet her through a skype call... come over to my house." Taeyeon laughed a bit at the girl who was acting like a fan girl. 

"I'm sorry... I'm usually not like this..." Jessica calmed down as they were nearing the cash register. 

Taeyeon's P.O.V

Why do i feel like i've known her before, we haven't met at any other place than here. What makes it even more weirder she's like the ideal type, but how can i be sure that i have never met her before. I need to check up with mom when i get back home. Something about Jessica makes her seem like I've made a promise to her, like a promise to protect her at all times. Maybe I''m just falling for her too easily, that can't be it either, we only met an hour ago how can i do that in such little time, the only thing I know about her is that she's popular, top in her school, and likes classical music. 

3rd person

They looked up at the menu that what written in chalk on the wall, "Taeyeon, what are you getting?" Jessica's question caught Taeyeon from her thought. 

"Eh? Oh... the Pumpkin Spice Latte..." Taeyeon said with a smile. 

"That's my favorite... too bad the only put it on the menu it during fall." Jessica said with a slight chuckle. 

They went up the the cashier and ordered. "2-..umm Taeyeon what size?" Jessica asked nudging the shorter girl.

"Oh ... Vente please." Taeyeon said with a smile. "

"2 Vente Pumking Spice Lattes." Jessica said and pulled out her wallet. 

"That will be 2 dollars for the special Ms. Jung." The male cashier said with a wink and a smirk.

"Mike. What did i tell you. I don't like boys." Jessica said and paid for the two drinks. 

Mike was an American student who permanently moved to their neighborhood a year ago. He is that white-washed Korean who thinks that since he was popular in the US he can get all the girls. So far... his popularity isn't so grand. 

"Come on, You're American and I'm American, see what we have in common?" Mike said confidently in english.

"Mike. Save you're breath for something else because you aren't going on a date with me." Jessica said and walked away with Taeyeon to the other counter. 

"Hi! HyunJin..." Jessica started to talk to a some what same aged boy who was making their coffee. She made it loud enough so that the boy could hear. Taeyeon could see the sly smile from Mike's face turn into a really worried look. Turns out that Mike had restrictions if he had done whatever he wasn't supposed to do they would count as a strike. The manager put that on him ever since he started to ask her out. Jessica and Mr Hyun were close, so as soon as Jessica said 'Mike need to stop, he's making me uncomfortable' HyunJin quickly got into action. 

Jessica and Mr Hyun talked for a while, "So yeah.. I sort of feel bad telling you, but since you are like my brother... Mike was doing it again. I don't feel comfortable when he's working. Especially when you know what he does..." 

"Don't worry noona I'll take care of it..." HyunJin's voice was a bit high for his age. "Mike!" He took the taller boy aside while the other employees filled in their positions. 

As Jessica walked to the table where Taeyeon sat, HyunJin took Mike to the back room. "Okay Mike. I told you, five strikes and you are out of the team. This is you're fifth one." 

"What why?" Mike looked surprised. 

"You hit on Jessica noona for the fifth time. You know she's VIP here, and because of you we already lost Taecyeon hyung and Joon hyung because of you. You got on their case for talking to Jessica noona for the school project. And plus the three times you tried to hit on Jessica noona. so... that is 5." Hyunjin said. 

"Really? Wow I'm not taking orders from someone whose smaller and younger than me." Mike said and pushed HyunJin out of the way. 

"I'm your boss. Don't make me call your mother and ship you back to America." HyunJin said and grabbed his collar lifting Mike off the floor. "Don;t make me throw you out the door, do you want to walk out with your pride or get it thrown out the window." 

Mike was scared he looked down and saw his feet get off the floor. "O-okay. I-i'm sorry. I'll leave." HyunJin put him down, once Mike's feet were on the floor he threw a punch to the younger male. HyunJin's glasses got thrown off his face and a crash was heard. 

Taeyeon and Jessica got up and went to the employee section. They opened the door. "You shouldn't have done that Mike. You messed up realy bad. Noona please the customers to the outside patio now please. Close the door while your doing it. Thank you." The two nodded and escorted the customers who were inside to the outside patio. 

"Are you kidding me. Are you really thinking since you're bigger than me, that you can't listen to me? Big mistake." HyunJin said and grabbed the boy's collar, "You have got some nerve." He brought Mike to the empty room in the back. 

"What are you going to do. You midget." Mike said and tried to punch the boy. 

"I'm taking you're pride away." Before Mike could do anything Hyunjin threw a punch that made the older boy fall on the floor. Hyunjin stood on top of him and started to punch his face until his hand started to hurt, if Jessica and Taeyeon didn't throw HyunJin off of Mike, his hand would have been bleeding. 

"Woah. Hyunjin, calm down." Jessica saw his face, noticing his face without glasses, she knew why the boy lost it.  

"Mike you are lucky. Leave now before you regret something." Mike ran out of the room, scared. 

Taeyeon found HyunJin's glasses on the floor and gave it to him. "I'm Taeyeon by the way." Hyunjin smiled and put on his glasses, the innocent boy was back. "I'm sorry you had to see that side of me, you are new to the town right?" Taeyeon nodded. "Oh then your drinks are free, you guys did take the customers out to the patio.." 

"I'm dorry dongsaeng I got you into that situation." Jessica said, in a concern for her dongsaeng. She knew that he was a bit violent towards those kinds of situations. 

"No it's fine, I felt like beating up anyways. He's been flirting with all my pretty noonas." HyunJin said and laughed. 

"I thought I was your only one? Have you been cheating on me?" Jessica said in a somewhat joking matter.

"No not at all noona. I haven't kissed them," HyunJin said and nudged her shoulder. 

The two laughed for a while making Taeyeon feel sort of left out. "Oh Taeyeon noona, Are you going to the school as well?" He asked as they walked out of the employee quarters. HyunJin walked to the counter where their drinks were placed and took them to a table outside in the outside patio

She nodded and smiled. "Yeah..."

"Whose your sponser?"

"Mr. Cho same as Jessica." 

"Ah. Mine is Ms. Baek, she's the 2nd top sposnser under Mr Cho." HyunJin said with a smile. "And she's pretty well known in the entertainment companies, so most of her mentees become idols when they are ready, She told me i would be ready in two months or so..." 

"Yah! So are you leaving me and my sister?" Jessica said and crossed her arms across her chest. 

"Noona don't worry, Soojung and I will still be together... I don't have the strength to leave her... We're too attached to each other." Hyunjin said. 

"Wait. You are dating Soojung? Do you know that she stole my sister's candy?" Taeyeon said.

"Yeah... she texted me how she had to buy more candy with all her allowance." Hyunjin said with a chuckle. 

"She's 12 right?" Taeyeon asked.

"No... I just mess with her since she thinks she's an adult when she's only 15, so i say 12 when she's acting like a child." Jessica said.

"Ah..." Taeyeon said and nodded. 

"You are probably wondering how i asked her out..." Hyunjin said and laughed a bit. "Jessica noona this is the real story how I asked her out." 

"Oh please Soojung told me the whole cake and macaroon spelling out thing when she came home very happy that day." Jessica said. 

"You don't know what happened before that." HyunJin said. "So, it was the 2nd month of school, on her birthday, she just thought she was going to get a cake from me, but i took her to the quad and made a whole flash mob for her. And that's when the macaroons and cake came in." 

Taeyeon sat there and smiled at the boy who seemed like he was already married. Like he was already an old man remembering his wedding day. She couldn't help but wonder, how is his love so strong when he has to handle with training and a job. 

"I have the video here..." Hyunjin whipped out his phone and gave it to Taeyeon. "Yes i know i look short, but we are the same height, so there's no problem." 

"He's a girl." Jessica said straight fowardly.

"Noona!" Hyunjin said and hit the older girl on her shoulder.

"It's true though..." Jessica said. "And you don't hit you're pretty noona." She said and punched his shoulder. 

Hyunjin cleared his throat, "My real name is Jihyun." A female voice came out the boyish figure. 

Taeyeon was amazed but she didn't care. "Well I like HyunJin is better." 

"I'm surpried Soojung didn't freak out, instead she jumped on you even more..." Jessica laughed. 

"You didn't know she was gay?" Hyunjin asked, 

"I did... but i thought she went straight after she dated Minho."

"Minho was such a bad person... You know he was just using her to get Taemin jealous." Hyunjin said

"He was with Taemin? Wow I never knew that..." Jessica said. 

"Yeah..." In the middle of their conversation, Hyunjin's phone started to ring, -BBUING BBUING~ HYUNJIN GUESS WHO?- The picture of Krystal popped up and Taeyeon quickly gave the phone to Hyunjin.

"Thanks noona..." Hyunjin answered the phone. "Soo-" 

"BAEK HYUNJIN HELP ME!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. "M-mike stop!" He was heard in the backround.

"Shut up! He's not going to help you, he's too busy ." A slap was heard. 

Hyunjin got up and quickly tracked down Krystal's phone with his gps. Leaving Taeyeon shocked of how quickly he left. 

"Soojung is in trouble, I should go help him." Jessica said and stood up.

"I'm going with you, I still need to owe you." Taeyeon said. The two other girls followed after Hyunjin. He ran as fast as he could, "The ally way... w-why.. oh no.." He pushed harder, making the two older girls fasten their pace also. The screams were getting louder, Hyunjin was filling with rage. His hand was still healing from the incident earlier. But he  didn't care, it was his girlfriend in trouble. Hyunjin usually catches an asthma attack from all the running, as he inched closer to the source of the screaming. He heard a crash of trash cans, pushed all his strength to rush in there. 

"Mike stop. If you really want to hurt me. Come at me." Hyunjin said and threw Mike off of Krystal, there was a flash of silver from his back pocket. "She's not your problem, it's me."

Mike laughed. "Hurting her makes you hurt. Are you not hurt?" The two older girls stopped at the wall, Jessica took out her phone.

"Jessica what are you doing?" Taeyeon asked. 

"I'm calling in for back up." Jessica's face was serious. "He hurt my sister, he's going to pay for that. oh yeah Taec, round up the gang and surround the ally near the school make it quick."

-"on our way" The boy said. 

"You need more than your three boys, I'll call up my friends who are in the town over, they run fast." Taeyeon got on the phone. -"Yeah Kai, Tao, and Kris can you guys run over to my school... We have a dilemma here." Jessica looked at the other very confused. 

"You're not the only one with connections."

"Soojung run." Hyunjin said and help her up. Mike just stood there, smiling.

"Why would you risk you're life for some girl? Girl's aren't worth it you know." Mike said.

"Because I love her." Hyunjin said. "Sometimes you have to sacrifice your own life for someone you love." 

"You are so stupid. She doesn't love you! No girl will ever love you." Mike said yelling. He lost his mind.

"You haven't found the right one..." Hyunjin said. "Sure you might have loved in America. But that doesn't mean it'll be easy to find a new love in Korea." 

"Oh look here comes Dr. Phil!" Mike said, he said throwing a punch to the shorter boy's face. "You took away my beautiful face and my pride. Let's see how it feels to have those things taken away." He threw another punch which made Hyunjin fall to the ground, Mike took out a knife and cut Hyunjin's face, and soon stabbed him in the stomach. 

"Taecyeon now!" Jessica said over the phone. Taeyeon was trying to calm down Krystal who was currently shocked at the accident. 

"Hey. Mike. Are you messing with our little brother?" The first group of boys said and walked into the alley. They didn't realize that Hyunjin was stabbed. 

"H-hyung..." The younger boy murmered. 

"Did you stab him too?" The other group of boys came through the other side with Jessica, carrying heavy pipes. Mike was was scared and dropped the knife. 

"Mike... I think it's about time you go back to America..." Taecyeon said and twisted to boy's arm. "You cause too much trouble at our town." 

"Wait Taec." Jessica said. "This is for hurting my sister..." She kicked the boy in the stomach. "And this is for Hyunjin." She slapped him where his bruises from earlier formed. While the boys carried away Mike, Taeyeon and Soojung helped Hyunjin up. He held his stomach, trying to stop the bleeding. Jessica followed after them. "Let's sit him down. I'll call an ambulence." Jessica said. 

"B-babe... I'm sorry..." Krystal said brushing his fingers through his hair. "And Taeyeon noona, I'm sorry you had to see this on your first day of moving in..." 

"It's fine... The city i was in was like this too." Taeyeon said with a reassuring smile.

"Soojung... I-I needed to protect you it's my job." Hyunjin said and softly brushed her face. "He hurt you... are you okay..." 

"I'm fine... Don't worry..." Soojung said with a smile. 

"Hyunjin don't talk so much..." Taeyeon said, "It's put more stress on your body..." She took off the sweater that she was wearing and covered the wound. 

"Thank you noona." Hyunjin said to Taeyeon. "Jess noona... thank you too..." He was losing consciousness. Luckily enough the ambulence came at the right time. "Hyun... stay awake come on!" One of the men said and loaded him up in the back. "Soojung you can ride along. Jess and new girl you can meet us up at the hospital." 

"Thanks Bi oppa..." Jessica said and the ambulence quickly drove away. "We should start walking..." She threw on the jacket that Taeyeon had given her earlier, over the shorter girl's shoulders. "Now I owe you."

"For what?" Taeyeon asked.

"For today, I know it was your first day in town, but you have become an important friend to me already." Jessica said. 

"Well same thing goes to you Jessica," Taeyeon smiled back.