Chapter 2

The Misconceptions of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(A/N: This is the short drabble i promised, taking place in between the 5 years and before they went to the same University)

 

 

"What's wrong"
"..Nothing"
"Come on. You know you can tell me, so what's wrong Jonghyun?" I tried being more assertive this time which was foreign in nature.

Jonghyun had been acting out of character these few days and I wasn't sure what exactly it was that bothered him. But unlike usual I wasn't able to read his mind, he was doing a good job at keeping his mind closed and his walls high.

We had spent two years together now and high school was about to end. University applications were being sent. Both Jonghyun and I had applied to Seoul University of arts and the only one we applied for together. But his parents yet resented his love for music and hence the application was sent without their knowledge. It was the only thing that occurred to me to be the reason for his frequent off mood situations.

He was about to open his mouth to claim nothing was wrong again and so I cut him off before he could lie to me. "Its winter season, the temperature is below 4 degrees and it's snowing. Not to mention the ice has made our fire escape a slippery death zone and we are cutting class. So please Jong tell me, what’s wrong?"

This time I seemed to have got my message across.

We were now sitting outside the fire escape door in the cold breeze of February, leaning up against it for support as we sat on the floor between the door and the ladder in our thick layers of jackets and coats. The space was tight but the both of us normally came here to get away and be alone. It was our spot.

He turned to face me, his black eyes still stunning me with its beauty but crushing me with the sadness now showing in them. We locked gazes as neither of us spoke and I had the urge to break the silence with three words.

"I love you" I whispered softly. The words sounding just as sure and confident as the first time I said them 2 years ago.

He smiled under his red scarf, the one I bought him for Christmas. And I knew I had said what he had wanted to hear at that moment.

He leaned in and rested his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes and seeming rather peaceful. I then rested my head on his. Sharing this moment suddenly seemed scary, a creeping feeling like these d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter