Chapter 1

The Misconceptions of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His outside bad boy attitude, his rebellious outbursts, his calculating smile and glaring eyes…those are just the Misconceptions of you, Kim Jonghyun.

You could know someone for 5 days and think you know all about them, but it’s a different story when you have known them for 5 years. So I closed my eyes, Hitchhiking going back to the time as if on a time machine ride.

Not even a month had passed since the new school year had started. Another year, another batch of fresh, unfamiliar faces and among them there was one in particular that tried even my patience.

His name, Kim Jongyun. A seventeen year old, brown haired, black eyed nightmare and maybe the only person on the planet that made me feel like a time bomb, a dynamite about to explode at any moment if pushed beyond the limit.  If anything, I wasn’t annoyed at him but instead I was annoyed at myself.

His carefree nature made me question myself, made me wonder if there was more I was missing out on.  We were poles apart right from the start. His poor attempt at wearing the uniform where as I wore the vest even on a hot summers day, his lack of attendance to my extra credits, his no text book policy to my every effort to not extend the libraries limit with my love for books.

To support myself, I still had the argument that I tried. As the class representative I made every effort to include him into the class. Handing him my notes, introducing him to the teachers, taking him around the campus and even going as far as to offer him my library card until he got his. But I learned the hard way that nothing would work and that he would continue to ignore me just like he did the others. I had been kind, friendly and gentle which was all in my nature, only to end up questioning myself at the end of it all.

Time passed by and I pushed all thoughts of him aside. I saw him just as everyone else did, until I found the chance to see through him.

I was on my way to submit all the class reports to the teacher in charge, as was my job as class rep. but I had decided to be lazy just this once.  A bad decision I had come to regret later when the files piled in front of me and covered my vision, leaving me to rely on instinct.

That plan however was doomed to fail. After all I was known for my clumsy feet, tripping on air. So as I took a sharp turn to round the corner I lost my balance and fell flat on my , papers and files were now messy heaps all around me.  

Opposite me on the floor sat an equally shocked Kim Jonghyun. He climbed to his feet and offered me a hand to stand up, which I took. He bent down and started to collect the scattered papers while I on the other hand just stood there staring at him like a spaced out idiot. Unbelievable was the sight in front of me and even worse was my reaction.

I was unable to move at first but after collecting myself I jumped right in to help, occasionally stealing a glance at him. His brown hair was a gorgeous mess and his skin perfectly clear, his black eyes had this unspoken depth and his arms seemed as strong as steel. And as if reading my thoughts, he smiled.

His smile was unlike I presumed, it was kind and warm, it was beautiful just like him.

 He helped me carry the reports by taking on half. He didn’t have to, there was no obligation and I hadn’t asked but he did it anyway. An act of kindness, something I was sure didn’t exist in his case and something I was glad to be proved wrong about. That was however just the beginning to change my forever.

Months flew by and the ignoring continued. That day now seemed like it never happened, like I had deluded myself with false belief. But there was one thing holding me true to the events of that day and that was the longing I had for him.

He intrigued me and unnerved me at the same time. Being in his proximity brought me alive and made me want to know his story while I discovered my own. Desire filled me to solve the mystery of him but no matter what I made myself believe, it always came down to the fact that I needed to know him because I felt like it was meant to happen.

"Girls,girls,girls!! They keep coming for you and that Jonghyun guy, I don’t get it" a frustrated student from my class was saying. It felt more like he was accusing me of a crime but I didn’t bother with it but instead inspected the room hoping to spot Jonghyun. He sat there on his seat, head turned in the opposite direction looking outside the window. Yet I had a feeling he was listening."That’s coz Jonghyun has that bad boy charm going for him and Jinki here can play the piano and sing like an angel" another boy chimed into the conversation in my defense. The boys continued the discussion and there was a pause as if waiting for my opinion but as my eyes followed my target I got up and left after him. 

There was about 5 minutes till the break ended and lectures resumed, which was also the exact time when I saw Jonghyun leave class on most days. I was always curious to know what he did while bunking class and if he was off to meet his dream girl. So this time I decided to take a bold step and follow him. What I would do if I was caught however, that I didn’t think through.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and kept my distance as I followed him down the long corridor and to a less occupied part of the school. I was sure that I was going according to the many movies stalker protocol but I was mistaken. As I turned the corner I bumped right into him, he was expecting me.

My cheeks turned red with embarrassment as I steadied myself. I tried desperately to form a sentence in my defense but failed miserably.

He was looking at me, not glaring like I would have thought but actually just looking. This just made me tip for the worse and I was in half a mind to just turn and get the hell away from him, until he spoke that is.

"Oh, it's you" he said. His tone indicated he was glad it was me, he even had a small smile on. But I decided I was just imagining these thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter