Final

His presence

 

This is not right. I shouldn’t stop studying. I have lectures tomorrow. But here I am, being in the corner of center library, books everywhere but I ignore it. I watch videos, his videos to be exact. Even it’s just some old videos of him and his group-mates, it’s still making me shiver when he pops out with his blank expression. The way he dances, sings, laughs, talks, smiles, all of them make me missing him more. His stranger yet cute voice when he talks, that is what I miss the most. I smile at myself every time I see him smiling through the screen. I am pathetic, such a pathetic girlfriend.

How long has he been missing?

How much times I’ve been try to contact him?

How long we haven’t meet?

We even skipped our first year anniversary because he was busy.

Am I mad? No. well, try not to.

Am I sad? Yes, but I understand his condition.

My phone vibrates make me snap out.

“Yah… where are you?”

Chen? It’s been billion years since the last time he texted me, he rarely texts me unless it’s important.

“Center Library, why?”

No reply after that, I wonder why he suddenly texts me. Shrug.

I start to study again. It’s almost ten at night but I have no willingness to leave this library before I get something from my study time tonight. I take a textbook and try to drown myself onto the topic. Since it’s already night, there’s only me and three more students in this library, plus the librarian. Luckily the library is 24-hours open so I don’t have to hurry to leave this place.

As I start get myself onto the topic, I hear the library’s door open. Since I’m not interested to see who’s coming, I continue myself to read. I nod in understanding when I realize something and quickly take note on my notebook. Until I feel a figure standing next to me. With no hesitate, I take a quick look. My lips turn into ‘o’ when I see the figure.

“Y-Yixing?” my voice is so low, almost whispering. Afraid that might I disturb the librarian and the effect of cannot breathe properly.

“Hi, baby.” He lowers his mask and sits at the chair next to me, smiling. Oh, his dimples.

“How— y-you…”

He sits next to me, facing me with his usual mask and practice clothes. He’s smiling awkwardly and rubs his back of the neck, not knowing what to do. I find myself looking at him, being all silent. He’s here! Talk something! My brain tells me but my mouth keeps it silences.

“Baby?”

His voice! How much I miss his voice, the way he calls me ‘baby’ and the way he smiles after that. It’s still making me shiver even though I’ve heard it for billion times. But I love the feeling. He always makes me like this, all nerves are nervous and my brain won’t work at all.

I can feel my eyes watery and tears drop to my right cheek, follows with the left cheek. I don’t know why I’m crying. Maybe I’m missing him so damn much?

“Baby…” he pulls his chair closer to mine and my cheek. “Why are you crying? Don’t cry…”

“I-I” I sob. “I miss you…”

He leans closer and takes me to his chest, embraces me. His hand my hair and the other rubs my back. We stay silent in the position, he kisses my top head, playing with my hair. My sobs are getting harder as I hug his waist. I didn’t realize I make his shirt wet, but he didn’t mind. He keeps hugging me.

We stay like that for about fifteen minutes. When I finally calm down, he let off the hug slowly and his hands are on my cheeks. We exchange glance, his beautiful eyes are staring at me, peacefully.

“I’m here,” his voice is super low but I can hear it perfectly. “I’m here now.”

“Stupid…” tears drop to my cheeks again but he quickly wipes it. “So stupid, Zhang Yixing.”

“I’m sorry, I really am sorry. I know I’m stupid. I’m so stupid for ignoring you and making myself busy with practice. You can slap me if you want, you can yell at me, you can hit me wherever you want. But one thing you have to know, I always think about you. Every day of my busy day.

It’s not that I want to ignore you for this long, baby. I really want to call you or text. But the practice schedule was freaking tight! I don’t have any free time at all, even if I have, managers won’t let me and the others using our phone. It’s been hell for the past one month. I’m sorry…”

“Stupid…” I sob again.

“Yes, I am stupid. I shouldn’t follow the stupid rules. But baby, when I say I think about you every day, I mean it. I do think about you. I feel energized every time I think of your smiles and it makes me want to practice harder. If I practice harder, I’ll get better and better and I’ll be able to meet you, like now. So I’m really sorry for the past month. Are you mad at me?”

“Stupid…”

“Baby, say something more than ‘stupid’, please? I know I’m stupid.”

“How can I mad at you if you were like this? I waste our precious time if I’m mad at you.”

He smiles. God, I love him.

“I understand the whole condition back there, I know how strict your manager so I didn’t bugged you for the past two weeks, right? So please, stop saying ‘sorry’ because I feel so stupid if I don’t understand my boyfriend’s condition. Okay?”

He smiles again before he lands his lips to mine. He kisses me tenderly, no tongue inserts. Just love and miss. He’s telling me how much he misses me by the kiss. I feel my heart beating so fast. I don’t care, I love it.

He breaks the kiss right when I need some air.

“I know my baby is mature enough so I can count on her.” He smiles again.

“Do you mean for all this time, I wasn’t mature?” I raise my voice a little bit making the other library patrons hiss in pissed. He closes my mouth with his palm and gives me the ‘kyungsoo-look’. I giggle at his expression.

“It’s your fault!” I whispered hard and stuck my tongue out.

I suddenly stare at his hair, he cut it! It looks shorter than before but I can’t really guess what the color. Between black and dark brown. He looks fresh and more handsome.

“You look more handsome with your new hair, I love it.”

“I know you will love it, you will love anything in me, right?”

“Hmmm, except your cocky thingy, yes.”

He laughs and pulls me for another kiss. I never get tired of his kiss, not in ual meaning but really, his kiss and his touch are addicting!

“Stop kissing me, Prince Zhang! Or else you want to get kick out of here.”

“Let it be us who get the kick.” He pulls me again but I push him.

“I need to finish reading it first, okay?”

”Take your time, baby. I’ll wait.” He my hair behind my ear and leans himself at the chair. I smile and continue reading the book.

I decide to take a note rather than reading the whole chapter, I don’t want to make my boyfriend waiting. After finish taking a note, I close the book and look at him. He sleeps peacefully with his mask on and his arms rested under his head. His sleeping face is adorable, just like 5 year old but getting exhausted after playing all day long.

I put the book on it shelf and tidy my things. Being light sleeper, he stirs at his sleep and slowly opens his eyes. He rubs his eyes while pouting. How can he be more adorable?

“I’m sorry for disturbing your sleep, prince.”

He smiles, he really being called ‘Prince’. “It’s okay, Princess. As long as I wake up next to you, I don’t mind.”

“Being cheesy again, is your trainers teaches you all the cheesy words?”

“No, it comes from my heart.”He embraces me. We walk past the librarian and bow. “Can we get something first? I’m starving.”

“Fast food date, perhaps?”

“Sounds good! Let’s go!” I throw my car’s key to him and he catches it perfectly.

Man, I really love him. Like, really love.

--

 

Do you need sequel? Just asking but i'll consider it! :)