Cho kyuhyun

The confession of a nerd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He held the straps of his backpack tightly as he rounded the corner of the field, scraping his feet on the process thus making the dust puffed around his shoes. His black and thick-rimmed glasses perched atop on the bridge of his nose which scrunched a bit, his habit that he intended not to mind at all; his hair was permed nicely –soft brown and heavily accentuated with the locks falling right above his eyebrows.

 

He tip-toed a bit when he reached his usual spot, and yes Cho kyuhyun is a chemical engineering student but he spend most of his afternoons not studying nor memorizing instead checking out his sunshine while resting his back against the sturdy trunk of the oak tree.

 

With legs stretched in front of him, arms behind his head and backpack placed carefully on his lap, kyuhyun is Lee Sungmin’s avid fan from the bunch of nerds that Sungmin unfortunately magneted.

 

Kyuhyun silently watched Sungmin kick the ball, toss the ball with his knees, fist bumped with teammates when he had scored and the rest was greatly saved and replayed on the young student’s mind. He doesn’t care if Sungmin doesn’t know his existence as long as he got to see his sunshine everyday peacefully and quietly.

 

But his quiet afternoon got into trouble when one of the balls being used as a practice suddenly made its way to his hidden place and he was bull’s eyed shot in the head making his sides to ache and he even got his left cheek bruised. He held his head in place as his vision started to twirl like spaghetti and his knees turned jelly and in any minute he knew he would collapse.

 

Collapsing is sure to be fun when you did it on top of your bed after a long and tiring day then you’ll going to roll on the sides like a child then fall asleep later on. But doing it on your crush’s arms while having your vision doubled as seconds pass by, laughing frantically when despite your dizziness you confirmed it was indeed your crush and falling dead unconscious while he is calling your name is…

 

Humiliating.

 

Definitely horrifying to Cho kyuhyun when he regained his consciousness and Sungmin right afterwards told him that it was him who brought his poor body to the infirmary in a very romantic bridal way. Well for Sungmin it was not romantic but for kyuhyun it is dream come true. However, erase the part that the infirmary is hundred meters away from the field and hell sure, people mocked his nerd being for the entire time.

 

“I’m sorry. I was in great panic on bringing you here that I didn’t realize I was carrying you in a …” and there is a hesitant pause… “yeah … you must be feeling shy and all for that.”

 

Oh no Sungmin, only if you knew.

 

He must have been possessed at that time because he sees Sungmin as an angel literally dressed in white with a halo on top despite the boy being smashed in plain dirt and grass; he must have tied his tongue in the most complicated way because Sungmin has his back turned to him and already leaving but he just remained mute the whole time.

 

With sungmin’s sweet voice and angelic form, kyuhyun is hundred percent sure that he’ll court Sungmin on the next few days.

 

---

 

“tomorrow 7 am.”

 

Sungmin just nodded in confirmation to Eunhyuk’s reminder of him of their upcoming practice. He is so adamant in going home because of the tiredness that slowly eats him up, the back muscles of his twitched a lot lately that it became irritating to him. Add the fact that his shoulders and feet are both sore due to the intensive and rigid practice they holding in the past few weeks.

 

And just last time he had accidentally hit a sleeping engineering student who for him looks so innocent that he just wanted to-

 

Wait there is something wrong with his locker.

 

The locker though is at its perfect state seemed to be off from him, not that it suddenly became out of his taste but being the clean freak that he was (He still doesn’t admit that he OCD.) a piece of pink paper slowly revealed through the little spaces of his locker door is not good to see.

 

He immediately opened his locker and a certain piece of paper folded clumsily fell on his feet. He rolled his eyes as another confession would unfold right above on his palm. Sungmin, who receives hundreds of confessions a day, seemed already used to sweet words and when he’s ready to tuck the paper to his paper bag a certain word caught him.

 

“nerd.” The word rolled off from his mouth as he chuckle in mere happiness when the words that welcomed him are not the normal ones. Corny yet noticeable.

 

From your secret admirer.

My love for you is like a Ray. It has a starting point but no endpoint.

 

Sungmin safely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter