New Friend, New Teacher

I'll Teach You the Colors of the Rainbow

 

Kibum sat on the swings by himself that day. He kept his head down, and didn't look at any of the other kids in the eye. He gently swung himself back and forth, trying not to be sad about not knowing the colors.

"Kibum-ah, you are so dumb!" a little girl, Jessica, walked up to him and laughed. "You don't know the colors? I can say them in korean and english!" she bragged.

"Yeah, Kibum, everyone knows the colors at your age. Do you even know your alphabet?" another girl, Yuri joined her.

Soon, there was a little crowd of little kids mocking little Kibum. Kibum's head hung down the entire time, and tried not to cry.

After some time, the kids got bored, and the crowd of the little meanies dispersed, leaving a sad and lonely Kibum on the swings, feeling like the stupidest kid in the world. 

In a while, he noticed a pair of feet shuffling next to him, and he turned his head to find a boy older than him, grinning a toothy smile, and Kibum thought he had the largest nostrils ever.

"Hi! What's your name?" the boy asked him. "I'm Jjonghyun~"                                         

"Kibum...." Kibum replied softly.

"Hi Kibummie! Do you want to play?" Jonghyun greeted his new friend.

Kibum stayed quiet and lightly shook his head.

"Ahhh wae? Is Kibummie sad about...not knowing the colors?" Jonghyun asked, sad that his new friend was in such a bad mood.

Kibum nodded.

"Ahhh! It's okay Kibummie, Jjonghyunnie can teach you!" Jonghyun clapped.

Kibum looked at the boy. "Weally...?"

Jonghyun nodded and flashed Kibum his toothy grin again.

For the second time that day, Kibum was able to smile.


A/N: If you were wondering when Kibummie smiled the first time, it was in the foreword, when the daycare teacher handed him the peeled banana :)