Away from Reality

Away from Reality

 

Previously, the blue sky could be seen clearly from Taemin’s perspective. However, after an incident, Taemin always saw something more than just the blue color of the sky. Something that made him willing to stand motionless for a long period just to see the moving clouds from the window of his bedroom.

One day, Taemin was sitting in the park. His mouth formed a huge smile as if he saw something very beautiful in front of his eyes.

Wake up, my Prince. Don’t make me worry.

Taemin hear her sweet voice asking him to wake up,  even though  he was completely awake without feeling sleepy at all. He ignored the voice and re-enjoying the scenic beauty, without thinking of all the problems that have recently occurred in his life.

Please, wake up, Prince. I can’t continue to take care of you from now on, so you have to open your eyes soon.

The voice came back, making Taemin lost his smile. He didn’t like the words he had just heard; they are disturbing his ease. He just wanted to enjoy the rare sight in front of his eyes.

Without much thought, Taemin soon left the park and walked back to his home.

Along the way home, he repeated the memory of the drama that change his life. The incident happened two months ago, exactly a few days after the new year. At that time, Taemin and her was having a small fight over something that Taemin told to her.

“You’re not supposed to go with him when I’m busy,” he said while holding her hand tightly.

The sentence was successfully made her irritable attitude out, “Then, am I allowed to go out with him when you’re not busy?” she asked without guilt, “Oh, I just remember. It wouldn’t be possible, since you’re always busy.”

She then walked away, leaving Taemin with mixed feelings.

Taemin sighed while fixing his hair that was scrambled by the wind. He didn’t think a simple sentence like that has made the last thing he wants in this world to be real.

All just because of a misunderstanding, and she decides to break their relationship without thinking twice. It obliviously has made Taemin disappointed with himself, and at least for one week he was depressed over that thing.

He kept avoiding the girls around him except his mother, and he continues to make himself busy with the projects his teachers gave.

He would occasionally get to sleep due to his busy work. But fortunately, in the second week after the broke up, Taemin got time to sleep. And after that, Taemin began to frequently heard his ex’s voice. Both in his dream and his reality.

You must learn to love another girl, Prince.

He stopped at the front door of his house to pick up the key from his pocket. He opened the door with the ​​key and walked slowly upstairs to lock himself in his bedroom.

Arriving at the room, he immediately lay down on the bed and closed his eyes tightly; hope in his dream that he could do all the lovey-dovey things with her again.

No, I can’t be your imagination again, Prince. You've gone too far, go back to real life.

Taemin was one of those people who don’t really like to listen to commands from the other, even if the order was for his own good. As at that time, he was still trying to sleep and didn’t want to go back to reality. Until he fell asleep in his favorite dream.

***

Taemin was running while chanting the name of the girl he loved, but something stopped him. He gritted his teeth, there wasn’t just something that stopped him to see his girl, but everything dismiss him. "Why should there be a jungle in my dream?" He screamed in frustration. All these things started to not make sense, including himself who suddenly becomes an easy panicked  one.

He walked down the jungle in order to find his girl. Running, jumping, he did it without feeling tired at all. Of course, now that he was in a dream.

“Stop it, please, Taemin. You’re not a real prince, neither you’re a knight. Don’t you expect to get me back,”

He heard her voice, with that he went straight in the direction the sound was coming. Then he saw his dream girl with an expressionless face. Just exactly the same with what he saw the last time in the real world when they broke up.

“You’re there,” Taemin smiled softly, “I thought you left me—“

“No, what you thought was right. I’m leaving you, but it’s you that keep on chasing me,” she interrupted him and turned her back, ready to go and disappear again.

But before that can happen, Taemin cried, “Don’t go, please,” he tried to say in between his little cries.

She couldn’t bear to see the sight,  so she walked towards Taemin and hugged him, warmly.

***

The morning after that Taemin woke up with great pleasure plastered on his face.  His dream has never end up miserable.

On the way to the school, he was side by side with his ex-girlfriend. Instead of feeling sad, Taemin remember what happened yesterday in the dream, and he just grinned and looked to other way as if there was someone there.

I officially don’t need reality.