If you could see me now,,,,

If you could see me now

A little story behind this story:

Once I read Seungho's last letter for his grandfather, I saw him same like me. We lost our grandfather before we showed it to them. When I was on my way to my college to meet my mentor, suddenly I miss my grandfather and my lost uncle. They were gone before I become a successful person. It hurt me a lot. This song told what I wanted to tell them. :"( If you both could see me now...


The Script - If you could see me now

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yang Seungho was a name that he got since he was born. He was the eldest among his siblings. He was the son that every parent begged for. Beside his parents and his only one brother, he had someone special. Someone who always said that he was Seungho's first fans.

It was his grandfather.

"You have a great voice, son. Why don't you join any singing contest? I'm sure that you'll make it."

Those sentences then became one of the reason he joined this contest. He wanted to make his grandfather proud of him.

After school ended, he took his bicycle and drove it fast to the audition place. He tried to fulfill what his grandpa wanted: to see him as a great singer.

"You did it."

Then he joined the contest. Musical event was on the television and watched by millions of pairs of eyes. People watched how hard his efforts were. Unstoppable singing coaching and anything else, he did it wholeheartedly.

There was only one reason.

However, there's one moment where he wanted to give up. He couldn't call his parents or his grandfather because this was the path he had chosen. He had to pass through it and made everyone proud of him.

That's what he wanted that time.

 

Every sweat, every tear and every effort that he made, was only for him. He should knew that there's no one would know when the death would come.

He got a call from his mother. Certainly, he took his jacket and ran to the nearest bus. Sitting near the window, he looked out as he prayed a little inside his mind, wishing for the best.

"Grandfather is in the ICCU now. Can you come?"

Arriving at hospital, he saw that his father was waiting at the outside. "How's it going, dad?" He asked.

"It's okay, Seungho but I think he's losing his memory." His father told. "We found him in front of the television, staring at it blankly. We called him but he didn't reply us. And he starts to lose his memory."

Seungho sighed. He stepped in and found that his grandfather was on the bed, sleeping peacefully. His mother sat near the bed as she watched over grandfather.

"Mom." He called her softly. "How's Grandfather?"

"He's fine but he starts to forget about us." His mother said sadly.

He then decided to wait for his grandfather that night. In the morning, he went back to the dorm. In the dorm, he came back to his routine: singing and dance coaching.

One day, in the middle of break day, he came to the ICCU, visiting his grandfather. He still didn't remember anyone. When Seungho arrived in his room, his grandfather was staring out of the window.

"Hi, grandpa."

He turned his head and looked at Seungho. Seungho felt nervous because grandfather didn't reply his greeting.

"Hi, grandpa." He tried once again as he placed himself on the seat near the bed. "I'm Yang Seungho, your golden boy. Do you remember me?"

Grandpa still stared at him. Then he softly smiled, "Hey, boy." He greeted him back.

"How's your day?" Seungho pulled a chair and sat near the bed. "How's your day?" Grandpa asked him back. "Mine is great." Seungho answered. Seeing you healthy makes my day brighter.

"Have you eaten yet?" Seungho looked at food tray. It seemed untouched for some hours. "Why don't you eat that?"

"I don't like it." His grandfather pouted. "I want dumpling soup noodle."

"I will get you one but you have to eat this. Once you come out from here, I will treat that for you, grandfather. I promise it." Seungho smiled at his grandfather. His smile was replied by a sparkling gaze from his grandfather.

Then Seungho helped his grandfather to take a bite for his late lunch. "It's getting cold."

"You want me to make it warm again?" Seungho said. "I'll tell the nurse."

After warmed the food, Seungho gave it to his grandfather. Slowly, he fed his grandfather. Finished eating, Grandfather went asleep. Seungho took his wrinkled hand and brought it to his face, "Get well soon, grandfather. I need your supports too." He whispered. "You have to be healthy. Nine days again, is my finale day. You have to watch me on television. If I'm the winner, I'll go fishing with you or I'll do anything for you."

After that, he left the room. Before he closed the door, he turned around and saw his sleeping grandfather, "I'll be the winner. I promise."

The door closed.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

He should be fast because no one would know the time coming.

A week before the finale, his grandfather passed away. He was on the dancing room with other trainees. He soon ran out of the room, running fast once he got the news.

Why don't you wait longer? It's only one more week until the finale, grandpa. I want you to be there.  

Arriving at the grave, he stood still. Tears left in the side of his eyes. His mother cried as his father hugged her. He kneeled down beside his younger brother. "He's gone when he was sleeping. He left us with a smile and we didn't realize it." His brother explained.

His brother stood up and left Seungho alone. Then he couldn't hold his own tears. He sat as he embraced his knees, crying inside it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

The finale day

 

Seungho played with the microphone in front of the dressing table. He tried to memorize the song as he prayed the best for himself on the stage.

Knock! Knock!

There was a soft rap. His parents and his brother came in. Seungho soon stood up and hugged his mother. "Thanks for coming, mom."

"Yes, we'll always be there for you." His mother answered. "Today is the day."

"Yes." He answered.

Then the coordinator announced, "Yang Seungho, two minutes again."

Seungho nodded. "Wish me luck, everybody."

Once he stepped in, the stage seemed very different. Mixed emotions struggled inside his chest. He saw many banners where his name was written, showing their support for him.

He took a long breath and walked towards the white piano. He would play a song that he chose since a long time ago. It was a song that fit with his condition.

I still look for your face in the crowd

Oh if you could see me now (Oh if you could see me now)

Would you stand in disgrace or take a bow

Oh if you could see me now (Oh if you could see me now)

(Oh if you could see me now)

He closed his eyes, imagined that his grandfather would see him from heaven. His smile, his soft wrinkles and his voice echoed inside his heart.

He missed his grandfather.

He had lived his life with his grandfather. They always spent times together: fishing or talking random things. His grandfather protected him from anything harm. He also made Seungho into a manly boy.

Everyone said that he was the golden boy.

When another boy could cook, he couldn't do that. It was because grandfather didn't let him to enter kitchen. Everyone spoiled him with loves.

His grandfather loved him because he was the eldest grandchild. There's only grandmother that he had now, beside his parents and his brother.

He would protect them with all of his heart. He promised that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"We'll know the result in two minutes. Is that Yang Seungho, a boy who impressed us with his talents or Jung Soyeon who has a brilliant voice?" The MC spoke.

His heart beat fast. He laid his eyes on his family that was sitting on the audience seat. He beamed to them, showing that he could accept any result. 

"And the winner is..."

Seungho couldn't hear anything but the scream came from the audience. They gleefully called his name and clasped their hands for him. They gave a standing applause for him. Confetti flew into the air.

“…Yang Seungho. Congratulation.”

MC handed him a bouquet of flower and the trophy. “Now you can sing that song once more as your winning song. So let’s give him one more applause.”

He was speechless but when he sang that song once more, his chest filled by happiness and satisfaction. As a strong man, he couldn’t cry in front of many people. He put his wrist on his nose, covering his face.

He did it.

.

.

“Thank you, Grandfather.”