Mission 0309

Mission 0309

 

“Incoming. Be ready to take cover.” The commands came over the crackle of the low quality earpieces.

“Aite!” Taeyeon replied in a hushed whisper and looked around for a comfortable hiding place. She found the perfect spot, under her worktable, and immediately wiggled into the small space.

“There we go.” She smiled contently when she fit snugly, resting her head against the cold metal side. Then she realized that her partner was still standing outside, hopping from foot to foot while frantically trying to find somewhere to hide, but to no avail because of her lengthy height.

“pssssss, Soo!”

The tall girl whirled around and bent over almost halfway to be in view of Taeyeon. An eyebrow was raised in question.

“Hide!”

“I don’t fit!”

“Come here.” Taeyeon scooted over and patted the small empty space created beside her.

Sooyoung sat down on her knees, measuring whether she could fit. “Nope.”

“Now would you believe that there’re advantages to being short?”

Sooyoung kept mum, her eyes downcast. Taeyeon sighed and crawled out. “Get in first.”

“But what about you?”

Before Taeyeon could answer, the clacking of a pair of heels resounding through the empty hallway.

“Quick, just get in!” The tall girl scrambled inside the now free space, folded herself in half, and smiled to the other girl waiting for her. After she was completely hidden, Taeyeon squished herself under the table as well, curling up to take up the minimum space. However, the two were too tightly packed in the small space that Taeyeon was practically sitting in between Sooyoung’s long legs. The short girl looked up to see how much freedom they actually have, but her cheeks turned bright red at what she first saw.

“Soo, pull up your shirt.” Taeyeon mumbled, almost incomprehensively, with embarrassment of having noticed something like this, even if it’s your best friend.

“O-oh…” The taller girl moved around frantically to make sure nothing that shouldn’t be seen was showing, hitting her head with the top of the table and her elbows against the sides as she squirmed uncomfortably in the tight space.

“Ok, good.” Taeyeon checked and nodded in approval with a relieved sigh. Then she reported back to the person listening to them through walkie talkie. “We’re in hiding now. Footsteps coming. Don’t sound like IP’s so must be the unknown’s.”

“Look outside.” A chirpy voice answered her. “We want to see.”

Taeyeon fixed her glasses, trying to adjust the small hidden camera stuck on the frame. Learning forward, she positioned her eye over the small little hole on the side of the table. Sooyoung also followed suit, wiggling her long body with curiosity. The mission was so exciting. In the moment of tight silence, they could only hear their loud breathing, heavy with nervousness, and the sounds of the heels getting louder until the door to the office slammed open.

“JESSI!” A young lady wearing a pink flower-patterned sundress skipped into the empty room. Seeing that there was no blonde girl welcoming her, she stopped short, looking around with a confused pouting expression.

Awwwwww. Taeyeon cooed in her head upon seeing the cute girl. She could also hear the other four girls back in the van commenting on the beauty of the newcomer and wondering who she is.

As if the questions were heard, the door of the boss’s private office opened and a blonde head stuck out. The pretty pink lady immediate twirled around at the sound and grinned widely, her eyes disappearing with the smile.

“Jessi!” She exclaimed again as she pranced her way over to the said girl who was not standing in the open doorway, with her arms wide open to receive the latter.

Sooyoung and Taeyeon moved their eyes closer to the tiny peephole to see the scene better. And they were surprised by what they saw: their boss was smiling. Widely. Just like how the pink lady was just a moment ago.

“Hey Fanybaby.” Jessica embraced the girl tightly before ending backwards and taking the girl’s face in her palms. “I missed you all day, Tiff.”

The two girls stared at each other lovingly. They slowly moved forward and met in the middle in a kiss.

Uhhh.. whaaatttt???!!! Taeyeon and Sooyoung turned to look at each other in surprise, but shock filled their faces when they realized that their close proximity caused their noses to bump together, almost ending in a kiss themselves.

“OMO!” Both girls heard in their ears. It was the maknae, Seohyun, who reacted first.

“Did you two just kiss?!” Yoona’s voice could be heard in the midst of the noise of chairs moving and pencils falling.

Even before Yoona finished asking the question, Sunny and Hyoyeon grabbed the other ends of the walkie talkies out of the two youngest girls’ hands and started screaming at the people in hiding in the office.

“WHAT?!”

“No more bunny suit night for you, bad Taengoo!” Taeyeon’s expression changed to one of alarm at the punishment and she began to pout, hearing Sunny’s pout through her voice.

“No more melons as late night snacks for you, you traitor shikshin!” Sooyoung almost tore up. No, Hyoyeon can’t take always her favorite food from her! No, she wouldn’t do that to her one and only shikshin, would she?

She sniffled and pushed the shorter girl away from her, unexpectedly harder than she was aiming to. Taeyeon stumbled out of balance and fell backwards. She would have banged into the side of the metal table if not for her quick reflex that made her fall on her side. Nevertheless, her outstretched hand hit the chair by the table. The chair moved with the momentum of the slight push, its wheels squeaking with the lack of oil in the axis.

Taeyeon froze. Sooyoung froze. Jessica and Tiffany separated in mid-kiss and squinted into the darkness.

“Tiff, what was that?” Jessica asked warily.

“Huh?” Tiffany asked back vaguely, not seeming to have recovered from their intense kiss yet.

“Nothing baby.” Jessica replied quickly as she kissed the growing frown off her girlfriend’s forehead.

Tiffany smiled again at the sweet gesture and link their arms together. “Let’s go, Jessi.”

“Sure love.”

It was all quiet again after the door closed firmly shut behind the couple. Taeyeon and Sooyoung finally began to breath normally again. Stumbling out of their cramped hiding place, they stretched their bodies back to the full length and shook their muscles awake.

“Unnie, what’s going on?” Seohyun finally spoke up again, seeing the change in the surroundings on the television.

“IP left with Unknown. Tell BP to be on standby.” Taeyeon replied while smoothening out her wrinkled shirt. She patted down the edges neatly and was about to fold her collar when a hand beat her to it. Sooyoung skillfully with a flick of her wrist fixed the collar and smiled down at the older girl at her achievement.

Taeyeon was about to smile back when both of them remembered their awkward moment and looked away in opposite directions with blushing cheeks.

“Yuri said ‘Roger that’. What are you two doing, standing there and not going after IP and Unknown?!” Sunny asked curtly, breaking the two out of their queasy situation.

Taeyeon blinked to bring herself back to reality and cleared . “Okie dokie!”

She grabbed Sooyoung’s hand and ran out of the office soundlessly, deftly avoiding the scope of the security cameras.

~~

“So the conclusion of our mission?” Sunny professionally asked the three girls sitting on the couch opposite of her.

“Mission success. Can conclude that the reasons behind Boss’s change of character and happiness are love, and a pretty girl named Tiffany.” Taeyeon reported dutifully, beaming happily. But the joy of the success was not shared by the other member of the dandyu who frowned at the word choice of her girlfriend.

“Do you think they might have noticed us?” Seohyun asked her unnies worriedly. She was not very adamantly supporting this scheme from the start as she considered it unethical and privacy infringing.

“No way, I was 100% undercover all the time. Even at the restaurant, the shrubs were towering above my head.” Taeyeon grinned confidently and wiggled her eyebrows at Sunny. “Advantages of being short.”

Sunny returned the proud grin at first, then she remembered Taeyeon’s other advantages of being short. And she evolved into a frowning furious bunny.

“Oh yeah? Staring at s also seems to be another advantage that you seem to take pride in enjoying.” She glared Taeyeon and pointed an accusing finger at Sooyoung’s chest.

“I’m sure I blended right in with the night.” Yuri reconfirmed, checking up on her y tan with Yoona ogling her girlfriend.

All of them waited expectantly for Sooyoung to say something reassuring, but only silence came.

“Uhh…” The tallest glanced at the girls surrounding her, looking like a deer caught in the headlights. “There was good food at the restaurant?”

With a loud groan, the girls rolled their eyes and face-palmed in relief, all the girls except Hyoyeon.

“Yah you shikshin!” She jumped up to headlock her hungry giraffe of a girlfriend. “You went inside the restaurant?!”

As if in answer to Hyoyeon’s question, everyone’s phones beeped at the same time. They froze, then they all looked at their screens at the same time. Simultaneous loud gulps filled the otherwise tense and silent atmosphere.

 

You thought I didn’t notice you guys?

Office. Tomorrow 10:00 a.m. sharp.

Or else…

 

Sica a.k.a. your boss a.k.a IP

 

“Uh oh…”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: hey readers! hope you guys enjoyed this. sorry bout any errors that i might have, and plz point them out so that i can improve. and sorry for any implication of you-know-what (byun stuff). comments are highly appreciated

in case you don't understand the code names: IP = ice princess, BP = black pearl, and Unknown = fany.