Only the Beginning

Broken

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

As much as I tried to concentrate on the song I couldn’t. I could only keep thinking about that hug we shared. She felt so warm, her hair smelt dewy and fresh, her-

 

“Kyuhyun, are you even listening to me?” Min Young asked, waving sheet music in front of me. After she had sung the whole song to us to show us a rough idea of how it sounded, she wanted each of us to sing the whole song so we could divide it into appropriate sections for the three of us. The last time I checked, before I zoned out, Ryeowook had been singing.

 

“Oh,” I faltered, “do you mind repeating that again?”

 

She sighed with exasperation and beckoned over to the mike, “It’s your turn now Kyuhyun.”

 

 I picked up the lyric sheet and made my way over to the mike, putting the headphones on. Min Young’s voice echoed in my head, she really had a good voice, something similar to Ailee’s. The first few opening notes sounded and soon it was my cue to sing.

 

Saying that this moment is the last to you, whom I loved so much,
Even if you try to turn it back,

Even if you hold onto me crying,

I was the one who said no and bid our farewell.

I always act strong,
but I’m a cowardly man who didn’t have the confidence to protect you forever and left.

 

Don’t love someone like me again,
Don’t make someone miss again.
One who looks at only you and needs only you,
Meet someone who loves you so much they can’t go a day without you..

Please

 

Hurting, you try to hold me back,
but I’m a cowardly man who doesn’t have the confidence to give happiness to anyone beside her.

 

Don’t love someone like me again,
Don’t make someone to miss again.
One who looks at only you and needs only you.
Meet someone who loves you so much they can’t go a day without you.

 

Even if we are ever to regret our breakup,
I can’t do anything but give you our farewell.

Don’t cry in pain counting the time that’s passed,
don’t miss a foolish love that’s already passed.


One who looks at only you and needs only you
meet someone who loves you so much they can’t go a day without you.

Please, I hope that you’ll be happy
let’s never meet again…

 

Let’s Not, Super Junior K.R.Y

 

I bowed after the recording ended and looked around the room. Yesung was nodding with approval, Ryeowook was clapping, Dong Hyun was smiling widely and Min Young, she was busying scribbling something down a piece of paper and had a small smile on her face.

 

“Really good job Kyuhyun, the melody suits your voice well. Woon, you’re next.” she said using the old nickname she had made up for Yesung, whose real name was Jong Woon. Yesung sang really well and Min Young nodded in approval.

 

“That was great; the melody suited your voice well too. I’ve come up with a few arrangements for the parts each of you will be singing. Try them out and we’ll decide on the best one.”

 

After a few hours, we decided that the arrangement with the one with me starting the song off sounded best. But Min Young was proving quite difficult to impress.

 

“No! That’s off key. Do it again.” she instructed, shaking her head and groaning. This was the third time she had complained the harmony being off key.

 

“Min Young that sounded fine!” Ryeowook whined, taking a drink from his bottle of water.

 

“No, it was flat. I don’t like flat notes. Again.” she repeated firmly.

 

-

 

As the day drew to an end, the sky grew dark and dusk descended upon the busy streets of Seoul. It was well after dinner time and our day with Min Young was drawing to an end. Min Young was a really amusing person to be around with but when it came to work, she was dead serious.

 

“That was really good. Good job guys. Next practice will be tomorrow, after lunch, at one to four. Got it?” she said, grabbing her bag and standing up. As the three of us went our separate ways, Min Young stopped me before I could leave.

 

“Do you wanna have dinner together?” she asked politely, eyes cast down to the floor. When I didn’t answer her, she laughed, “Soo Min’s out with Hae, I don’t really wanna play third wheel tonight so I figured why not have dinner with you?”

 

“Well okay then.” I agreed.

 

Min Young’s POV

 

He actually agreed. Wow.

 

I must admit I have been looking forward to this, having dinner with him. But I hate to think of that revenge I have in mind... it’s as if the devil inside me is taking over me. I’d feel so guilty over it...

 

Well... I guess trying it out wouldn’t hurt right? I mean he does deserve something after leaving me right?

 

I closed the door to the recording studio and followed Kyuhyun to his car.

 

-

 

Throughout the course of the dinner, conversation came easily to us. We laughed, we joked and we complained about work; it almost seemed like the old times.

 

“Have you met that woman who works as the receptionist of our building?” asked Kyuhyun, swallowing his mouthful of rice. I shook my head, still laughing from what he had told me before.

 

“Anyway, there was a time when she had an off day and there was a call for her on the phone. Eunhyuk answered it and answered with ‘Hey baby, you looking fine today’ and it turns out that it was a man at the other end of the line.” Kyuhyun laughed.

 

I observed his smiling face as he was laughing. His eyes would laugh along with him, eyes that could speak, my mother called them. His smile lit up his entire face and hearing his laughter made me laugh along with him too.  

 

On that night, I think we became friends again. I didn’t realise it though, I thought it was all part of my act, part of my revenge. We drove home laughing and smiling, but when he bade me goodnight, I didn’t reply him and simply said goodbye coldly.

 

I saw the look of hurt in his face, the confusion in his eyes and how quickly his smile faded. And as much as I wanted to put a smile to his face again, that devil inside of me willed me to not look back. It told me, Please darling, you hurt yourself over this? You have to make him hurt, that’s all part of the plan. Hwang Min Young, control yourself. This is only. The. Beginning.

 

I ran up to the elevator, crying with shame and guilt.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                

 

Honestly, I really hate doing this to Min Young...

 

I've decided not to change my foreword :D

 

Another update! :D I think this one's pretty chill but I think I have way too much drama going on so a little chill is okay right? Ahhaha.

 

Please subscribe and comment! You have no idea how much it means to me, I'm not kidding. Thanks to all my subs, I love ya'll <3

 

You know that news regarding Suelgi and Kyuhyun? Little spolier here, I might bring Seulgi into the story >:)

 

XOXO