Chapter 24

Ever After

QIAN'S POV

It's been 2 weeks since I arrived in China, and I've spent every waking hour with my son, Kai. We're bound to leave in a week and with each passing day, as we get nearer to the day we leave, I feel this dread inside me grow bigger.

”Unnie.” Sunny called to me. 

“Yeah?” I said, as I was packing a few more of Kai's clothes.

”Will you be telling Kyuhyun Oppa about Kai?” She asked.

Ofcourse it occurred to me to tell Kyuhyun about our child, but I just get so scared at the thought that he might not love and accept Kai. 

“To be honest, I don't know when or how am I supposed to tell Kyuhyun that he and I have a child.” I shrugged at Sunny.

”I always wondered why you never told him the moment you knew you were pregnant. I mean, he could've stayed with you back then you know?” My sister said to me.

”I didn't want Kyuhyun to be with me back then just because I was pregnant, and besides he wasn't happy with me anymore then.” I said.

”But Unnie, you guys are okay now. You're back together again too, so why didn't you tell him right away?” She pressed on.

”It wasn't that easy. I never imagined me and Kyuhyun would ever see each other again, let alone be a couple once again. Too much time had passed and I felt like it was impossible.” I said. "Truthfully, I thought he already forgot that I existed.”

"Well, now you guys are together once again. The impossible has happened. What are you going to do?” 

I just shrugged at my sister's question and sighed. “I don't know. I've decided that I'm going to take it day by day instead. My main focus is for things to be all set when Kai arrives in Korea."

”Speaking of, have you found a school for him?” Sunny asked, changing our topic.

“Yeah, I found a good school near our place. They teach Korean to children from other countries, and I checked that a lot of Chinese kids are enrolled there, so I feel that it might be good for Kai, and also there's less culture shock."

"Mama..” Kai said as he entered the room. 

“Hi baby” I said, giving him a kiss.

”No kisses for Auntie Sunny?” My sister pouted as my child rushed to her to give her a kiss.

”Mama, why are you folding my clothes?” Kai asked. 

"Honey, remember when Mama told you we're going to Korea? I need to pack these so you have clothes to wear when we're living there.” I explained.

”But Mama, what am I going to wear when we get back here in China for visits?” My son said, looking over at the pile of clothes that I have been folding. 

"Well, you know how Mama always has a big bag with her when she comes to visit here? That's how we'll pack our clothes everytime we visit China." I said, trying to explain the concept of luggages and travelling to a child. 

"Then Mama will have no more space for her clothes if we put my clothes in it too! Mama has a loooooot of clothes." Kai said, making a huge circle with his arms.

Sunny and I started laughing. "Mama will buy extra bags for you my dear if some of our clothes don't fit in the bags we currently have."

"Oh okay! Mama buy 3 super big bags!" Kai said. 

"Why? What do you need them for? Toys?" 

"No. One for Gammy, one for Granpa, and one for Butler Li." My son said, his eyes twinkling.

"Oh i'm gonna cry." Sunny said beside me. 

I smiled sadly at my son and hugged him. 

"Gammy, Grandpa and Butler Li can't come with us, honey. Who would be left here in China? The house will be lonely and all the fish in the pond won't have anyone to feed them." I said, trying to console my son. 

"Hmmm. I guess you're right Mama. But promise we have to visit them all the time, 'kay?" My son said as he held up his pinky finger. 

I chuckled. "Yes, I promise." 

Kai jumped off my lap and ran off to play somewhere. 

"You know, I was just thinking that your kid is way too mature for a 5 year old." Sunny said. 

"I know. Mom raised him well, and now it's my turn to raise him full time." I sai, looking sad.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I looked over and saw that it was Kyuhyun calling. 

For the past 2 weeks that I was here in China, Kyuhyun never failed to call me. He calls in the morning before going to work and he would call in the evening after coming back from work. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was already 8pm, meaning it's 9pm in Korea and that his work just finished. 

"Hello" I answered.

"Hi Qian. I just got off work, I'm currently driving to meet up with Heechul and Sulli. How about you? What are you doing right now?" 

I looked over at Kai's pile of clothes. "Oh...uhm...just folding some of my clothes." I said, lying.

"Are you getting ready to leave for next week? I miss you so much already." 

"Yeah, just a couple more things to settle here and I'm back in a week's time. Anyway, why are talking to me while driving? That's not safe. Call me later instead."

"It's fine. I'm using bluetooth. Anyways, Sulli and Heechul asked me out to dinner I wanted to decline because I want to hurry home and talk to you on the phone without anyone disturbing us, but they said I was becoming pitiful so I should go out."

I could almost hear him pouting through the phone. I laughed. "I'm glad they invited you out, you are sounding quite pitiful right now."

"Shut up. You left all of a sudden for China when we just got back together, ofcourse i'm pitiful and sulky right now." 

"Stop acting like a baby." I chuckled. "Are you just meeting with those two?" 

"Yeah, but maybe Minho will come later on since his workplace is near where we're eating. Have you had dinner yet?" 

"Yeah, I had Mapo Tofu." 

"Ahh I miss your Mapo Tofu. You used to cook that a lot back in college. You have to cook some for me when you get back."

"Okay, I will." 

"I really miss you."

"I miss you too." I whispered, looking over at Sunny because I was embarassed but she was pre occupied with something else thank god. 

"Ahhh I can't wait for you to come back. The things I'll do to you..." He trailed.

"Hey!" I said, felling my cheeks burn with what he said.

He chuckled. "Is your family around?" 

"Just Sunny. We're at my room."

"I knew it, that's probably why you're so embarassed. I bet you're blushing hard now." 

"Stop it, Kyuhyun." 

"As for me, I am hard just from listening to your voice"

Hard? What does he mean by har--- Oh. 

"Yah. Cho Kyuhyun!" 

He started laughing. "Hehe. Anyways, I've arrived at the restaurant we're having dinner at. We'll probably drink after this too so I might get home late. I'll call you tomorrow instead. Good night I love you." 

"Okay, but don't drink too much because you'll be driving." I reprimanded. 

"Yes, Ma'am." 

"Good night and take care okay?"

"I love you, I said. No I love you too, Kyuhyun?" He chuckled.

"Shut up. I gotta go."

"Fine. Okay, I love you too Kyuhyun. I'm gonna love myself back on my own." He said as I faintly heard a hmp. He was obviously sulking like a child.

I laughed. "You really are like Kai sometimes" I said, then cut myself off. It was too late when I realized I had mentioned Kai to Kyuhyun who has no idea that Kai existed. 

"What? I didn't hear you. What did you say? The line got messed up. AHHH! You must've said I love you to me. Repeat what you said." 

I can feel the sweat on the back of my neck forming as I tried to wiggle out a lie. "Uhm. Yeah, I said I love you too."

"Well, that doesn't sound sincere at all. Anyway, I'm---- Yah! Kim Heechul!" I heard a loud thug on the other end of the line he must've been inside with Heechul and Sulli now. 

"Hey, I'll hang up and enjoy your night with Heechul and Sulli, tell them I said Hi." 

"Okay okay. Goodnight. Talk to you tomorrow, babe." 

"Bye Vic! See you soon! We miss you!"  I heard Heechul and Sulli yell in unison before I hanged up. 

 I sighed deeply as I set my phone aside. 

Should I tell Kyuhyun about Kai? How am I going to do it?

What a mess.....