Accepted or not?

The Resolution

 

I shortly snapped out of it and cleared my throat and answered with confidence, “I want to go to school and live a normal life.”

 

My dad then told me we would talk about tomorrow in the morning. After dinner I went straight up to my room. I plumped on my king size bed and stared at the celling. I then started thinking of what it would be like to be in a school as a regular teenager as a smile appeared on my face. I slowly felt my heavy lids close shut as I entered dreamland.

 

Later that night….

 

I opened one eyelid as I woke up to the sound of my stomach growling signaling I was hungry. I closed my eyelid trying to go back to sleep, but then my stomach growled again. “Aish!” I mumbled while I was kicking the bed sheets off me, then lazily got up in a sitting position and rubbed my eyes then as I looked at the clock on my nightstand and it was 12:35 AM in the morning!

 

I got off my bed as I lazily I put on my house slippers near my bed and walked downstairs half asleep scratching my head and yawning along the way. I made my way to the kitchen and opened the fridge. As I scanned through the fridge I managed to grab the last apple. While I was munching down on the apple, I walked back to my room tippy toeing trying not to wake up anyone. While I walked up to my room I noticed something in the corner of my eye.

 

Across the hall from my room I noticed the light to my dad’s office was seeping through the crack off the slightly opened door.

 

I made my way to my dad’s office as I was about to close the door, I heard voices which sounded like my dad was talking to someone or maybe some people. I decided to eavesdrop as I slowly poked my head through the door as I realized my dad was having a meeting with my uncles.

 

Who has a meeting at 1 in the morning? What is so important to talk so early in the morning? I questioned myself. I snapped out and tried to eavesdrop on what my dad and uncles were talking about in 1 in the morning.

“What are we going to do about the gang?”

“Who will be the next leader of the gang?”

“Minjung is supposed to be the next leader!”

“She can’t be like my son!”

 “What school will she go to?”

“She is a gangster!”

“Schools aren’t going to allow a gangster in their school it will ruin their reputation.”

“She will never to pull off a normal teenage life like how she wants! Just like my son!”

“SUSH! Minjung is sleeping. We might wake her up!” sigh “As for the gang I will be the leader as for the time being longer than I thought because Minjung wants to go to school, instead of being the gang leader. I enrolled her in Cube, Woolim, and Seoul High School; we will get the acceptance calls tomorrow. As for school we will change her name and we will lie about her family background so we can hide the fact that she is in a gang so she can attend school as a normal teenager.”

“BUT…”

“My decision is final….meeting is over, now go back to your rooms and sleep, we have a big day ahead of us.”

After hearing this I ran to my room unheard so I wouldn’t be caught eavesdropping. As I went in my room I finished up my apple and went to sleep.

 

Next morning…..

 

“Minjunie Wake up!” I slightly opened my eye to see a lady in her late 30’s who my personal maid Lee Jaekung who goes by Mrs. Lee but I called her omma, because she is like a second mother to me because she took care of me ever since my mom died, trying to wake me up. “20 more minutes!” I mumbled as I took my pillow under my head and placed it over my head.

 

“Your father wants to see you, Minjunie!” “Aish!” I mumbled while I was kicking the bed sheets off me, then lazily got up in a sitting position and rubbed my eyes as I looked at the clock it was 7AM in the morning. I got off my bed as I lazily I put on my house slippers near my bed.

 

“Omma! I am so hungry! I want to eat first!!” I cried as I hugged Mrs. Lee, she patted my back and whispered “I will make eggs and bacon for breakfast, while you talk to your appa, arraso Minjunie?” in my ear. I let go of her and mumbled an arraso. I got ready and we walked down the hall to my dad’s office. Mrs. Lee opened the door for me as I walked in; she closed the door and went downstairs to cook my breakfast.

 

“Good morning Appa.” I mumbled as I plunged on the couch facing my appa’s desk. “Morning Munjunie!” my dad said as he turned his chair around so he was facing me. “What’s so important, that you woke me up so early?” I questioned my dad as I lifted an eyebrow. “Remember I told you last night we would talk about how you want go to school and live a normal life.” He responded.

 

How can I be so stupid, I totally forgot? I already know what he is going to say since I eavesdropped last night.

 

He told me the same thing he told my uncles earlier but he also added that I will be known as Lee Chaekung and I live with my mother Mrs. Lee only because my dad died in a car crash, Also he informed me that I should not tell anyone who I really was. When he was done talking, I ran up to him and jumped on his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Thank you appa! Saranghaeyo!” my dad patted me on the back and said we should go down and eat.

 

As I ran down stairs, I ran into the kitchen to find the chef’s cooking dinner and Mr.Lee adding the finishing touches to the plates. I ran up to Mrs. Lee.

 

“Omma!” I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind. “Ne?” then I told her the news that she is my fake mom as I attended school.  We hugged and started to jump around as she told me she was really happy because she always wanted me as her daughter.

 

My day was the same old schedule I had every day since that day I started to train:

8AM-breakfast

9AM-10PM: Math taught by a female private instructor

10PM-11PM: English taught by male foreign instructor

11PM-12PM: Science taught by a male private instructor

12PM-1PM: Lunch break

1PM-2PM: Korean taught by female private instructor

2PM-3PM: History taught by female private instructor

3PM-4PM: Fighting lesson taught by my dad and uncles

4PM-5PM: free time or homework time

5PM-lunch

The rest of the day I would do whatever I felt liked doing if I didn’t have to kick with my dad and uncles then sleep around 10.

 

The next day was same old same day like any other day but, I was extra happy today; because today was the day we would get an acceptance call from the schools…

 

“Munjie, wake up!” as Mrs. Lee said as she was slightly shaking me. “Morning omma!” as I shot up in a sitting position with a big smile on face and stretching my arms before I jumped off my bed. “Why are you so happy today?” Mrs. Lee asked as she tilted her head in confusion and raised an eyebrow because I am always grouchy in the morning.

 

“Omma, it’s because I am going to get an call from the school saying if I am accepted or not.” then I went in my walked to the bathroom and started to wash my face and brush my teeth and shower while Mrs. Lee fixed my bed. “I finally get to live a normal life.” I told Mrs. Lee as I dried my hair with the towel with another towel wrapped around my body as I made my way into my walk-in closet. “Is living a normal life that important to you Minjunie? What’s wrong with your life now?” Mrs. Lee said as she walked in the closet and helped me pick out an outfit. I told her nothing is wrong with my life it’s just I want to experience being normal once in my life.

 

Mrs. Lee helped me pick out a black v-neck shirt, with white jeans, red leather jacket and black converse for me to wear. It didn’t take long because half of my closet contained v-neck shirts, jeans, leather jackets, tons of pairs of converse and sleep wear which I wore every day, while the other side contained girly clothes like skirts, dresses and jewelry which I don’t know why my dad bought for me because I barely use them.

 

After dinner my dad called me up to his office. I was excited because he was going to tell me about what school I am attending to.

 

Knock! Knock! “Come in!”

 

I opened the door, stepped in and closed the door. I then ran to the couch and made myself comfortable. “So, so, so” I said excitedly jumping up and down on the couch. “Minjunie, settle down. My dad sighed before saying, “I am very sorry but there is no space for you in any of the schools, I am very sorry but…” before my dad could finish I ran out of his room to my room and cried into my pillow. I can never have a normal life, I am forever going to be a gang leader and fight other gangs.

 

Knock! Knock!

 

“Leave me alone!” I yelled and continued to cry in my pillow. Unfortunately I didn’t lock the door and someone came in. I didn’t know who it was because my face was still planted in my pillow.

 

Someone sat on my bed and said “Minjunie! you didn’t let me finish what I was about to say.” I figured It was my dad as he picked me and put me in a sitting positions and pulled my hair behind my ear and wiped my tears. “Minjunie, I was about to say you didn’t get in any of the schools, but lucky for you I managed to get you in Woolim High School but…” “Really! Thank you appa! Saranghaeyo!” I cut my dad off because I was happy my dad managed to get in a school.

 

“Minjunie, let me finish. Please.” My dad yelled “De!” I obediently said.

 

“I was about to say that, there was no space for you in Woolim high, but I managed to get you in but you will be placed in a delinquent class.”

 

“WHAT!” I yelled on the top of my lungs.

 


Double update! Just for my readers who waited so long, I wanted to dedicate this chapter for you guys. Thanks for waiting! Hope you like the chapter! Subsribe and comment!