XXXIV

Butterfly of Heat.

 

Taemin was standing in front of the door, trembling slightly because he was scared what he will see. Slowly he opened the door and peeked in, seeing that Kibum was sitting on the bed, staring at Myunghee in the crib next to it. He was beautiful, even with those obvious marks from the dancer in his neck. Then he sighed deeply before opening the door fully, quickly stepping in and closing it behind him. The click the door made, made the elder turn towards him. His eyes turned into pure shock, while he started to tremble. The younger wanted to say that he doesn’t have to be scared, that he won’t do anything.

 

“P-Please d-don’t hurt me…” the blonde started to cry and backed up against the headboard of the bed.

 

He had his knees pulled against his chest and arms wrapped around them. Slowly the younger stepped closer and with every step he tried to soften his expression but he couldn’t help to stay serious while the guy cringed with every step.

 

“H-Hyung,” he stammered, biting his lips because he was hoping he would sound steady, but failed totally.

 

Still the other didn’t look up from being terrified. It was when he felt a pair of hands on his knees that Kibum looked up at him. The elder was hoping that last night wouldn’t be repeated again.

 

“Sst. Be quiet okay? I j-just want to talk.”

 

Slowly the guy nodded but the next moment he was clinging onto the boy.

 

“P-Please don’t do that again. I will be listening. I won’t be nagging at you. I won’t even look anymore at Hyeongseop,” he sobbed, while he was desperately clinging onto the younger’s shirt.

 

At that moment the younger was looking right in front of him. He wasn’t really wanting to have a guy that was totally scared of him and begged him to be back with him because he was stupid himself. He doesn’t want him to be trying to do the best thing for him. He wants his beloved one to be himself.

 

“Kibum. Kibum-ah. We were both wrong! I shouldn’t have done that to you but you shouldn’t have gone to your friend. We were both stupid,” the youngest one whispered, hugging the man closer while kissing his head.

 

Somehow the rapper looked up, staring at him with teary eyes. They just kept sitting there while hugging each other. They didn’t hear that Jonghyun had passed, yelling something to them inside. In a clumsy, small movement the two fell on the bed.

 

“Y-You’re r-right. W-We were b-both w-wrong…” the elder was stammering, while slowly looking up.

 

“If you want to start over again with ‘us’ … then we should start all over again. From the beginning…”

 

“T-Taemin… I-I don’t know i-if we can be t-together again afte-,” Kibum couldn’t end his sentence before a pair of lips was pressed against his.

 

He was shocked by the suddenness and scared since this was so weird after what had happened the day before, but on the inside his inner self was jumping up and down like a child. He didn’t reply to the kiss and that was enough to make Taemin pull back again. The dancer knew this was a bad idea and would only make it worse. He wanted to leave again, but he just couldn’t. It was something inside of him that blocked him from walking out of the room and a hand on his wrist.

 

“Just let me think… stay with me for now,” the elder mumbled while again clinging onto his shirt, desperately.

 

“But I did something wrong. I was, no, am a monster towards you,” while Taemin was trying to explain his stupidity and just wanted to get out and hide in a corner of the dorm.

 

“You were angry and… I had been stupid too,” the blonde whispered back.

 

Like that they stayed on the bed. Even though it was only in the morning the two were almost on the verge of falling asleep again. The rapper was really desperate because in a way he was scared of the youngest since he could maybe turn any second into that animal from last night. On the other hand he wanted to have his Taemin with him again. He still loves him. He doesn’t even like Hyeongseop in a way like the dancer.  The latter looked over at the baby, next to them, missing their happy family thing again.

 

A few minutes later there was knocking on the door. Both guys crawled up on the bed. Kibum because he couldn’t be seen with Taemin like if it was their manager, Taemin because he was scared that Jonghyun would be barging in and throwing him out again.

 

“Who’s there?”

 

“Minho.”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Jonghyun is out and he asked me that I needed to check on you,” the taller guy said while slowly opening the door.

 

He was looking at the two, but didn’t smile or give any kind of suggestive look at them. He just nodded at them before disappearing again and closed the door behind him. The silence fell again between them.