XVIII

Butterfly of Heat.

It a few weeks later the three others went of to a schedule, going from a show appearance to just recording some new material. Before they left the main vocalist gave Taemin one last pep talk, since it was clear he needed one. The younger was left with a feeling that was between nervousness and anxiety, while he walked down the small hall to the living room. Before he entered he sighed deeply, hoping Kibum hadn’t heard him. In the last few weeks they had been more and more changing the living room. Pillows were everywhere on the ground and blankets. Between all of them the blonde guy was lying on his side and on one of the bigger pillows Myunghee was laying, looking up at the rapper. The dancer joined on the ground, watching his two most beloved people being caught up by each other. The baby her tiny hand wrapped around the elder’s index finger while he kept smiling like a big dork.

 

“What’s with the long face, Tae?” the elder asked and the younger groaned loudly.

 

How stupid could he be to show his stressed face? He lay on his back, staring up at the ceiling, thinking what he should say now.

 

“Nothing,” the dancer replied softly turning his head, only to see his beautiful daughter on the pillow and his friend’s twinkling eyes staring down at her.

 

The elder looked up, the twinkle disappearing slowly from his eyes and became serious, when he noticed the younger. Kibum wasn’t used to Taemin’s dark eyes looking like that, without that spark in them.

 

“No, Taemin. Don’t lie. There is something am I right?” the blonde sat fully up, still letting Myunghee grab his finger tightly.

 

The young man was too afraid to tell but just rolled onto his side, staring at the blonde.

 

“Okay, yes there is something,” he admitted and looked down at the little child between them.

 

Kibum anticipated the rest from the problem, looking down at him with the most serious face. In his head, Taemin kept repeating the words he wanted to say. They were ready to be said, but were stuck in his throat, making him even nervous then he already was.

 

“C-Can you p-promise not to l-laugh?” he stammered nervously, pushing himself up again so he was sitting.

 

“Tae… I won’t laugh, just say it,” the blonde looked at him with a small smile on his face.

 

“I…IthinkIlikenoloveyou,” he rambled on hoping the guy didn’t really catch it but he was leaning closer.

 

“What did you say silly?” Kibum asked, not knowing what he had said, but was really curious to hear it again.

 

“I think I love you,” he muttered followed by a deep sigh.

 

Finally he had done it. The dancer confessed his feelings he had for so long and felt a weight fell of his shoulders but he was still feeling anxious about the response from the blonde male. He slowly looked over to see him smiling widely and glancing down at little Myunghee. His tongue ran over his bottom lip before glancing up again at the young man next to him.

 

“You’re really silly Taemin,” he replied, planning a small pause before saying his own confession.

 

But the dancer had misunderstood it and was crawling back on hi feet, ready to hide in their room. He wasn’t ready for a rejection.

 

“I knew you wouldn’t love me back,” he muttered but a hand was wrapped around his wrist before he could escape to their room.

 

He fell back on the blankets and soft pillows, next to the rapper who was laying on his back, staring up at the younger. Kibum started to chuckle a bit and pulled the dancer’s face bit closer so their lips were touching. The elder hooked his arms around the boy’s neck, kissing him softly on his lips. Instantly he had reaction from Taemin who kissed him back, pouring his feelings in the kiss. It didn’t last long until the guys parted again and the elder smiled up at the serious looking dancer.

 

“Taemin-ah… I love you too,” the blonde mumbled back, placing his hand on the dancer’s cheek.

 

The second after there was the brightest smile on the young man’s lips. Against him, the sun was nothing and it warmed his insides up, even on a cold, snowy day like now. A moment later the dancer was attacking his lips again, kissing him deeper. Also tongues became a part of the kiss until Myunghee started to cry suddenly. The parted and both turned to look at their baby girl. With a deep sigh Taemin pushed himself off him, taking the baby carefully in his arms before walking to the child’s room.

 

A few minutes later Taemin returned and sat down on his knees.

 

“Kibum-ah? Do you want to be my boyfriend?” he asked bluntly with a smile on his face.

 

“Of course, Tae,” the blonde said, pulling him down on the blankets, kissing him and pulled his shirt off – since he knows the younger loves to go around topless.

 

 

-

 

 

Later that day the members returned, watching with raised eyebrows when they saw Kibum and Taemin on the blankets, talking about the most random things and threw once in a while a sweet nothing in between. The main vocalist entered the living room after a while with Myunghee in his arms, which was awake again for a period. He sat down on the couch, looking at the two that looked over at ‘uncle’ Jonghyun.

 

“And?” he asked after a few minutes, staring at the two on the ground.

 

Taemin smiled up at the guy who held his baby’s little hand.

 

“I confessed and we’re a couple,” he answered, making Jonghyun squeal a little bit.

 

Their leader heard it too and sat down on the blankets, just like Minho who also joined there.

 

“It was about time,” Jinki said, punching the dancer’s arm.

 

They all kept laughing on the blankets. After a few minutes Myunghee was passed to Kibum who sat up cross-legged to hold his child close. The maknae scooted closer caressing her little head while pressing a kiss on Kibum’s cheek. The elder smiled widely and turned red when he did. All were happy that they finally got the lovebirds together.