When I Was Your Girl [[Agony Continues...]]

Nothing

When I Was Your Girl... 

 

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don’t sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

 

Yuri took a glance at the empty space beside her. She doesn't feel like she's home even if she is inside her home. It has been a month since she saw Jessica; since her heart broke. The tanned girl has been a mess.. literally. She lost her job, she lost her decent lifestyle but she doesn't care. Who needs those things when she doesn't have anyone to share it with, right? 

Just then, her phone went off indicating a voice message.. 

Hi Yuri.. Yejin here. I hope you're feeling better cause I hate seeing you in a mess. Please forget about Jess--

Before Yejin's message could finish, Yuri threw her phone against the wall. She doesn't want to talk to anyone; she doesn't want to talk about her.

 

It all just sounds like oooooh…

Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party
Cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby’s dancing
But she’s dancing with another man

 

She should've bought her flowers when she goes home from work;not give her a headache. She should've held her hand when she needs comfort from anxiousness and fear;not let go. She should've gave her all the time in the world just to spend time with her; not bury herself in work. Yuri should've brought Jessica to every party she attends; not leave her at home saying, "you're gonna be a burden.." 

But it's too late.. 

 

Too late to say sorry.. 

Too late to start over.. 

Too late to get her back.. 

Yuri chuckled bitterly as she imagine Jessica dancing with her husband at a party.. Yeah.. She'll be dancing now.. But not with me.. 

 

My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways

Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, ohh…
And it haunts me every time I close my eyes

"Yuri.. Can we spend time together today?" Jessica sweetly cooed to her girlfriend who is busy reading reports. 

"Jess.. How many times do I have to tell you that I can't.. We can't.. I'm too busy." the younger girl ruffled her hair in annoyance. Jessica pouted cutely, hoping it would change Yuri's mind but it has no effect, "Please, Yuri-ah?" 

"Jess! What the hell! How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to go out today! Geez.." 

 

"Yuri-ah.. Sorry for being annoying today.." Jessica softly whispered an apology. 

"Yeah.. Whatever. Go to sleep." Yuri shoved Jessica out of her office. She has to get her work done in time. But Jessica still didn't move, "Make up kiss?" 

"No Jess. I need to get this done." 

"Just one?" 

"No.."

"Please?" 

"I said no! What part of "I don't want to" do you not understand?!" 

 

A lone tear escaped from Yuri's closed eyes. She just realized that Jessica is the perfect girlfriend anyone could have. A bittersweet smile appeared on the tanned girl's face. Bitter because there'll be no second chance for her; Sweet because Jessica finally found someone who appreciates her love and care. 

Although it hurts
I’ll be the first to say that I was wrong
Oh, I know I’m probably much too late
To try and apologize for my mistakes
But I just want you to know.....

 

"Jess.. Just give me 3 minutes?" Yuri begged as she followed the older girl. She decided to go and tell Jessica what she really feels; that she still haven't moved on and that she still loves her. But the blonde still kept a poker face. 

"Fine.. Start quickly.. Your three minutes already started." 

"Jess.. I know I hurt you. I..I made you feel like I took you for granted." Yuri looked straight into Jessica's eyes. Just then a hand landed on her cheek, it hurts like hell but her heart aches more like a glass shattered in pieces, "I'm sorry... I deserved that.. It's late to apologize, I know but I just can't face you.. After all I've done. I'm sorry Jessica.. I know you won't forgive me this instant but if this makes you feel better.. I'll stay away from you.." 

"You done?" Jessica raised an eyebrow, glancing on her wristwatch, "Now move, I have to go meet my husband." 

"Jessica?" A man's voice could be heard from behind them. 

"Oh, babe. Sorry I didn't show up early. I'm kinda... busy." Jessica looked at her wrist being held by Yuri and shook it away, "Ready?" 

"Yeah~" 

"Hey.. Wait.." Yuri weakly called out which made Jessica and her husband turn around, "Can I talk to your husband? like for a minute?" Jessica hesitated a bit but she agreed anyway. 

 

 

...

"So?" Kevin, Jessica's husband said annoyingly. 

"Love her more than you love yourself.." Yuri said calmly. 

"I love her more than you do.." With that, the tall guy turned to take his leave but then he stopped when he felt Yuri's hand on his shoulder. 

"Give her flowers when you go home..

Hold her hand when she feels nervous.. 

Give her all your time when you have the chance..

Bring her to every party you go.. She loves to dance.. 

Do all the things.. for her and don't ever let go.." 

 

Do all the things I should have done

When I was your girl

 

 

 

 

 


Hai c: I made a sequel! Haha but it's not a good one though *squints* CRY IN AGONY CRRYYYY LOL. I'm too lazy to update my other story. I feel all emo now. Stupid crush rejecting my confession. heh~ but oh well. asdfghjkl c: tisisnotdaendoftisstorysostaytuned. 

Suggestion: Listen to Bruno Mars' "When I was your man" while reading this to get da feels~ da feels bro~