1st Station

Autumn's Concerto

When Seolhyun was at the age of 6, she was an entitled princess, the privileged daughter of a wealthy businessman. She was happy, living with her father and his lover, whom she called auntie, in a beautiful maison, knowing nothing of the piles of debt her father swept under the rugs.

 

Seolhyun was attending her piano lessons. Her teacher, Miss Seo wanted her to showcase her piano skills to her fellow pianomates. Seolhyun then followed Miss Seo's instruction and played the piano.

Auntie then record the song that she played on the piano in a cassette  because Seolhyun's father was unable to reach the venue in time to listen to her playing the piano.
 
After playing, she stood up and bow to her pianomates.
 
When she was walking out of the school , she said to auntie: "Auntie , didn't daddy promised to come and listen to me playing the piano? "
 
Auntie replied: "It's okay. Just now I've already recorded it for your dad. He can listen to it in the car later too ! Right? " Trying to make Seolhyun happy . 
 
When she saw her dad standing infront of his car, Seolhyun ran happily towards him shouting: " Appa! Appa! " 
 
Her father then caressed her hair and said: "Sorry, daddy is late. Saengil Chukkae, My princess! "
Seolhyun then smiled at him.
 
He continued: "Do you like the present daddy gave you? " Smiling at Seolhyun.
 
"Of course I like it! " Seolhyun exclaimed.
 
Auntie then walked to them and asked: "What is the secret that the two of you talking about? ", trying to be nosey.
 
Seolhyun's father then gave out a small sigh and said: "Nothing. Let's get into the car. " 
 
Seolhyun and Auntie nodded their head happily and get into the car. 
 
When her father was driving, his lover took out the cassette and put it into the music player in the car. 
When her father heard the recording, he was smiling as though the whole world belongs to hi .
 
Auntie then smiled widely when she saw her lover smiling and then told Seolhyun's father what happened earlier. 
 
/FLASHBACK/
 
Today, Miss Seo praised Seolhyun infront of the whole class saying that Seolhyun was a talented child, possessing the slender fingers that can only belong to a pianist, and told Seolhyun to protect her hands with care! 
"Of course! Our Seolhyun loves to play piano the most. " Auntie told Miss Seo while passing her the 1st box of sweets.
 
 "It's for the children. " Auntie continued . 
 
"Like today, it's Seolhyun's birthday but she says that she wouldn't want to miss the piano lessons. She even argued to come for lessons today when we said to bring her out for celebration. " Auntie continued when passing the 2nd box of sweets to Miss Seo.
 
"Ohh, so today is Seolhyun's birthday ?" Her piano teacher said happily.
 
"Correct! " Auntie exclaimed.
 
"Come children, let's say Saengil Chukkae to Seolhyun nae? " Miss Seo smile while asking the children. 
 
"Saengil Chukkae  Seolhyun! " The classroom was filled with the children's voice.
 
Seolhyun then smiled at her pianomates and bow.
 
/FLASHBACK OVER/
 
They were standing infront of a cake shop and Seolhyun was choosing her cake.
 
"So which one would you want, Seolhyun-ah. " Auntie asked with a act cute voice.
 
"I want the strawberry cake! " Seolhyun exclaimed pointing at the strawberry cake.
 
Her aunt then stood up, showing her black face and said: " Your choice of choosing is so good uh. There are so many for you to choose but you choose the most expensive one. " 
 
Seolhyun's aunt then looked across the street and saw Seolhyun's father picking up the call.
 
- Seolhyun's father scene-
"CEO-nim, the bank have already stop our stocks. The shareholders will know that the company will be collapsing sooner or later! There are also no other banks willing to help us! " The CEO's helper said in an anxious tone.
"But what you're doing is equal to telling them I'm bankrupt. " Seolhyun's father said.
 
-Auntie scene-
"Arra. Arra. I left my wallet in the car, you go and ask daddy to come in and pay for the cake first. I'll go and tell the shop owner to wrap the cake up for us. " Auntie said.
"Umm, arraseo. " Seolhyun says, running out from the shop. 
 
Seolhyun saw that her father was jaywalking and was talking on the phone.
 
"Appa! Appa! " Seolhyun shouted across the road.
 
Seolhyun's father then stopped in the middle of the road and didn't realised that a car was fast approaching him. 
 
The car honked countless time but Seolhyun's father was busy talking on the phone.
 
His father then turn to look at the oncoming vehicle but it was too late.
 
/BAM/
 
 The car was still honking when it ran over Seolhyun's father.
The car then drove in high speed and speed off.
 
Passer-bys around then ran towards Seolhyun's father to crowd around and there were mumblings. "Someone was being ran over! ", "It's so scary. "
 
Seolhyun then stand at the same position dumbfounded. She could not believe what she saw. 
 
She then ran to her father but was being tripped by passer-bys running past her. She fall onto the ground near the spot where her father was lying down at.
 
She could only hear passer-bys shouting. "That person has loss alot of blood! ", "Ppali call the police! ". 
 
She then lay at the position she got tripped at, looking at her father forehead bleeding and his eyes opening. Her eyes were filled with water and they were gushing down. 
 
Auntie then ran out of the shop and saw what happened. She ran to Seolhyun's father shouting : "Jonghyun! Jonghyun! " She kneel down beside Seolhyun's father and shout: "It's Jonghyun! What happened to you? Where's the ambulance?! " Seolhyun was stand beside auntie , looking at her father.
 
She then looked at the crowd around her, shouting: "Where's the ambulance?! Ppali call the ambulance! " 
 
Seolhyun then looked at her father's car and she could still hear her piano recording. It wasn't finished. Her dad didn't listen to the full song. 
 
There was a then sudden heavy down pour. She looked back at her father, crying. Her aunt was looking around for passer-bys but there're all gone. 
 
Seolhyun then remembered telling her father last time: "Daddy, Miss Seo says next time she will teach the next half of this song. But when I finish learning this Bach's Air on the G string, you must come and listen to me playing it on the piano in school. " She then had a pinky promise with her father.
 
She stood rooted to the ground , looking at her father lying motionless on the road. She couldn't do anything, she didn't know what to do. Just like an ethereal bubble, her carefree world burst. It was like a nightmare for her but she still can't believe what just happened. 
 
She could only hear the cake shop owner talking to auntie in the heavy downpour. "Yah, you'll have to pay for the cake. Even if that person dies, you'll have to pay!" 
 
__________________________________________________________________
 
HELLO READERS ! 8D
 
So , this is my first time writing fanfic story ><
 
Pardon me if there's any mistake I made , I will try my best to minimise the mistakes as much as possible for you all to read (: 
 
Hmm , as it's my first time ~
 
COMMENTS & CRITIC ARE WELCOMED :3 
 
I will try to update this fanfic as often as I can (;
 
Sorry if the story is bad (´・_・`)
 
AND THANKS FOR READING ^^
 
LOVE YA <3
 
Note : I'm typing the story through my phone , will try to put in pictures for the fanfic ;D