Back to Home

4 Season

  Today is the day I moved in. The place which I used to call home, Seoul, South Korea. I wasn't surprise to see how dusty the house is. My daughter who will take my old room. While I was unpacking my thing, I saw her entering my room at the corner of my eyes. Her small figure appear back after a few minutes pass. She is holding a big box; heavy enough for her to carry. 

  I stared the box, feeling a little bit ache in my heart. Why? Suddenly, my mind was blank but images strucked into my brain. Soo Bin, my daughter called my name. I blinked my eyes with shocked. What was that? I asked myself. Soo Bin leaned herself on me, putting her arms around me, "Omma, what should I do with these things?" she said, looking into my eyes. I her hair and hugged her back. Soo Bin let go of me and quickly opens the box, slowly moving her face away from it. I let out a small cough and my eyes starts to teary from the dust. My voice was stuck in my throat when I looked inside of the box. 

  I turned and gaze into my daughter's round eyes. I gave her a soft peck on her cheek and told her to continue unpacking. Soo Bin nodded obediantly and enters her room. I lazily drag myself, carrying the box and made my way to the hut located behind the house; my secret place. I sit down and take out a blue photo album decorated with pink stickers. I never thought that this day will come. It was hard for me to forget my high school memories. Especially him.

  My hands are trembling with fear of remembering. It was painful. I sighed, slowing gaining my courage. I open the album, slowly flipping the pages one by one. I grinned like a fool as the memories flood in. Suddenly a tear fell onthe photo album. Why am I crying? Shouldn't I be happy? The more I think about it, the more heartbroken I feel. More tears are flowing down from my eyes. 

  Although the pages has ended, my tears are still falling. It hurts. My heart felt like it has been stabbed. I found a piece of paper; folded, at the end of the album. That is the last letter I receiver from him. I wipe my tears, putting the album beside. I unfold the letter, the writting was smudged. Ten years ago, when I first read this letter, I cried so hard. My eyes were red and my voice was hoarse. The more i think about it, the more my heart was aching of pain. 

  I noticed someone, standing in front of me. Woo Bin, my husband. He smiled and gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. He then kissed my eyes, "I will clean the house. Take your time," he held my hand tightly in his. Woo Bin has always been gentle to me and I always think I do not deserve for him. Even though, i didn't accept him before, he never gave up. Woo Bin left me alone, heading to the house.

 I watch his shadow slowing leaving the place. I changed my gaze towards the box. I had been leaving the most important things when I left Korea to Canada. Four Seasons, four pair of shoes. It was all for one person; him. During Spring, was the first time I met him. On Summer, it was fun. It was memorable to me. Autumn was breezy but warm. My first transformation. Lastly, Winter.....regret; our last meeting. I never meet him since then....because I knew that no matter how far I run to him, how high I tried to reach him....I will never see him again. We are not standing on the same ground. It is impossible.

  I saw a pair of green shoes in the bow. I took it out and blew the dust. His warmth is still lingering on the shoes. I can feel like...just like the old times. I slowly slip into the shoes. It fits perfectly. "Congratulation Soo Yeon," I said, the exact words he said to me. I giggled quietly to myself. The memories are funny but it was very....lonely. I gaze at the sky, remembering the bitter sweet memories.

 Chibi's Talk 

First chapter...finally done! Yeah I know it is kinda short and simple. Well this is just the introduction. I hope you will wait for the next one :D Thanks for reading and do forget to leave a comment. Thanks Amy for the amazing poster XD