Confession of a Girlfriend

Confession of a Girlfriend
 

It’s not fun being the girlfriend to Kris Wu.

He most likely won’t answer a phone call you make before ten p.m.

Heck, he might even not answer a phone call at four a.m.; either he is sleeping like a log or in the middle of a program recording.

On your birthday, there is a fat chance that you’re celebrating it alone. Usually he’ll just send a text message that sounds like this, ‘Baby I’m sorry that I can’t be with you right now, but you know you’re always on my mind right? Happy birthday. I miss you.’ Oh well, good enough for me.

When people ask ‘why are you still single?’ or ‘why did you turn him down?’ I have to lie most of the time. Kris Wu, you’re turning me into a stinking liar, do you know that?

Whenever you miss him, you go on the internet and see fangirls saying that they are impregnated with his stare; that or asking him to marry them. That’s fine because his fans are important to him. But there are also comments like ‘I seriously want to kill this !’ whenever he is seen with women.

And then there comes times like this. When I failed my driving test this morning. When my boss yelled at me for the smallest mistake. When I had a fight with my mother because I refuse to go on a blind date with this supposedly really handsome son of her friend. When my girlfriends are all going on dates while I stay at home, crying my eyes out over a bucket of ice cream because it’s so damn annoying to be pestered by loneliness.

And then suddenly the door bell rings.

I run to the door, half cursing myself for looking like a total nutcase with my worn out, favorite Hello Kitty pajama and swollen eyes and ugly buns which I did carelessly-and still has to answer to the guest who decides to ring a door bell at two in the morning.

“Baby.” Kris smiles. He is holding a slightly wilted bunch of pink daisies in a glass vase, looking handsome in a light blue blazer though I notice the eye bags under his eyes. He must be really tired. For all I know he might have just got off from hours long flight.

His smile gradually fades away when he sees my face.

“Have you been crying?” He asks, his voice deeply laced in concern. I nod at him.

“I miss you so much.” I tell him and wraps my arms around his neck. He slightly bends to make it easier for me to reach him.

“I’m sorry. It’s been really hard on you.”

I shake my head. “It’s okay. You’re here now.”

And then there are also moments like this; when Kris Wu suddenly appears at your door at random hours despite how dead he looks. It shows that he has been suffering as much as you do, if not more. Everything is worth it the moment he wraps his strong arms around you.