Stop smiling

Miscommunication?

 

 

You tried to re-trace your steps in your mind starting from getting down the airplane, walking past through the arrival doors, getting your luggage, ordering a caffe latte, texting your aunt about your arrival, passing the airport exit door and then..

 

WAIT! STOP! Where’s my caffe latte?!

 

THAT’S IT! I LEFT MY DRINK AND MY PRECIOUS CD IN THE CAFÉ SHOP!

 

You felt your heart racing. You sincerely wished that the CD is still there.

 

Without a minute to waste, you grabbed your luggage and walked fast towards the café shop inside the airport.

 

You catch your breath as you walked in the shop. Your eyes scanned every corner of it.

 

Woah,  so many people. How could I possibly… GOTCHA!  THERE YOU ARE!

 

A smile finally broke through your face as you approached the table.

 

YAY~! MY CAFFE LATTE AND…

 

You were about to get your CD when out of nowhere a hand suddenly grasped it and flipped it over.

 

Your steps stopped. You bit your lips.

 

You were too focused on the CD that you didn’t notice that someone was sitting on the table where your things are.

 

And the worst part is that “someone” is a Korean. Pretty obvious because you’re in korea.  Now, there’s no way to get it back with your limited Korean skills! The torture of being a foreigner..huhu..

 

but you stared at the precious CD just within your reach..

 

I guess I’ll have to try…

 

“Uhmm... Annyeonghaseyo~ uhm... ahmm..” you stopped while looking for words in your mind.

 

“This… is.. mine…” You spoke slowly and pointed to the coffee and then to yourself.

 

He looked at you.  Well, not really “looked” at you because he has these black sunglasses on.

 

Silence. Yeah, I must have scared the Korean out of him.  You thought to yourself.

 

“uhmm.. This... mine... uhmm… n-nae-naekkeo...” You spoke slowly hoping that the words are correct.

 

He turned his head to the CD again but this time his hand was signaling you to take the seat in front of him.

You were confused.

 

Maybe he didn’t get me? But whatever! I’ll just sit first. My legs are really aching from this long hide and seek game.

 

You were staring at him as he examined the CD he was holding.

 

You took a sip of your latte. He smirked while he turned the pages of the pictures in the CD.

 

“tsk. You think you’re cool with that shades of yours? Those guys you’re staring at are the best. ” You can’t help to say something towards that smirk he gave to your beloved oppas.

 

You said it in English so he wouldn’t understand it anyway. Better say something than do nothing.

 

He looked your way and then turned the next page.

 

 “That one is Kris oppa. I bet if you meet him, you’ll be ashamed of yourself.” You pointed to Kris’ picture. Even though you know that this guy doesn’t understand a thing that you said. Your fangirl instincts just wanted to talk and talk so you did.

 

He stared at the picture and then turned to you and smiled.

 

“Huh? You think that’s funny? I’m not joking! Kris oppa is just perfection!” You insisted but this guy just kept smiling at you.

 

Now that you’re taking a good look on him, he appears to be kind of cute with that black shades of his and a cap worn backwards. He has a pointed nose and a perfect jawline. You can’t deny that this guy’s smile captivated you in that moment.

 

Woah, so unreal but so familiar.

 

“yeah, okay. I know you don’t understand me so stop smiling like that if you don’t want me to fall for you!” You smiled shamelessly at your cheesiness.

 

He suppressed his smile as if he understood you.

 

“You know, I wanted Kris to personally sign on that CD that’s why I came here in Korea. Yup, that’s mine and I want to get it now but I don’t know how to say it to you. If only you could understand me…” You smiled while sipping at the latte in front of you.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

You choked on your latte when you heard the person in front of you speak… IN ENGLISH!

 

 “Oh god! You scared the hell out of me! You know how to speak English???” You sighed in relief because at last you won’t have to be tortured by those Korean words.

 

BUT! You’re eyes widened when you remembered all the things that you said.

 

“Oh my, so you understood everything that I said?” You felt your face getting hot.

 

GOD! SO EMBARASSING! WHY DID I SAY THAT!!!

 

You heard him chuckle.

 

POSITIVE. HE UNDERSTOOD IT ALL.

 

“so, what’s your name?” He asked again with that same captivating smile on his face.

 

“I’m _______.  You know... uhmm… sorry about the things I said to you a while ago. ” You said shyly.

 

 “Nah, forget about that. So, its _______ right? Nice to meet you! “He said as he grabbed a pen and wrote at the CD.

 

WAIT! WHAT? WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?!

 

You froze at the moment. HE JUST WROTE SOMETHING ON YOUR ING PRECIOUS CD!

 

“HEY! NO!!! WHY DID YOU WRITE ON IT?!?!” You almost screamed every word you said.

 

You are surprised but at the same time angry with what he did.

 

“I thought...” He said.

 

“NO! Look at this, how will Kris sign this now?” You frowned while grabbing the CD from him.

 

“Tsk. What’s so good about that Kris guy. Huh?” He pursed his lips.

 

“You’re no match for oppa! Okay? Now, YOU HAVE TO REPLACE MY CD!” You stared at your tainted CD and then glared at him.

 

But to your surprise he was already inches away from your face. His eyes revealed. Staring at you.     

 

“DOES HE STARE LIKE THIS?”

 

Your heart stopped at the stare. That melting stare. You lost your mind at the moment.

 

You’re K-K-Kr…

 

“Ayo Kris! What’s up? Hahaha!” You heard a voice that shot you back to reality.

 

Kris moved his head away from you and smiled.

 

NO WAY. YOU’RE…

 

You gripped the CD in your hands.

 

“Okay! Chanyeol-ah! Be right there!” Kris shouted to the group of guys waiting outside the café shop.

 

You stared at this figure in front of you. Still cannot believe everything.

 

He chuckled. “Sorry to surprise you! But I have to go now. It was nice meeting you, _______-ah ”

 

“Th-thank.. you.. ~” you said as he stood up.

 

He leaned forward to you and said “No, thank you. Now, stop smiling or I might fall for you.”

 

You blushed. You didn’t notice that you were smiling the whole time.

 

You look at the beautiful figure pass through you and walk towards the group of guys outside.

 

You stared at the CD on your hands. More valuable than ever. You ran your fingers through the pen marks and laughed while replaying the moments ago in your head.

 

“Oh. It’s here! Hi again! I forgot my pen.” He scratched his head while you giggled at his clumsiness.

 

 “Uhmm.. By the way, we have a fanmeet later at CoEx. I need to replace your CD right? I’ll wait for you.” he did that melting smile again at you and shyly walked away.

 

You smiled.

 

WAIT? DID I HEARD THAT RIGHT? I’LL WAIT FOR YOU??