Camp Activity 10: Stealthy Sneaking

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

Living with Sungmin and Ryeowook was hard getting used to. They were too different from what Yesung was used to from his first week of Devlish Smiles for Divas Summer Camp. What made Yesung feel even more out of place was the fact that he felt like a thirdwheel of their relationship. Sungmin and Ryeowook were everywhere together like they were two headed twins that were inseperable. Then there was Yesung that was just there.

"Yah, Yesung!" the red head turned around at his name. Sungmin and Ryeowook had continued walking through the school hallways even though their friend had stopped. Even ten feet away their conversation on mani-pedis were still heard amidst the rowdy shouting of the other campers.

"Eunhyuk, what is it?" Yesung asked turning to the boy who looked as if he had ran five miles just to find him. Taking a few more pants he straightened himself up.

"The office...letter...your parents...eavesdropping...they have my East Sea...gone...letter...burning..." he struggled to speak making Yesung anxious to figure out what on earth Eunhyuk was saying.

"Try to slow down." he advised placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Your parents sent a letter to the office. Donghae and I were eavesdropping to find out if Heenim ever had plastic surgery and heard about the letter. They were planning on burning it and never giving it to you that was when Donghae was caught because he made a noise and now they have my East Sea. My precious little Donghae he must be all scared now all alone in Heenim's room. He needs m-" Eunhyuk was cut off when Yesung slapped a hand over his mouth with his eyes bulging out. His parents had sent him a letter, an actual letter. Yesung didn't know whether to be joyful, relieved, or scared.

"Where is the letter now?"

"The Heenim has it somewhere in his office. Either he has it or Hangeng does." Eunhyuk informed. Without a word, Yesung dashed down stairs of the school building before bursting outside, crossing the slightly steep hill and sneaking up to the office building nestled in the far east side of the camp.

Stealthily, Yesung peeked around the corner of a bush that guarded the front door to the building. Fear rushing through him, he sat down on the grass trying to calm his nerves. His parents had finally sent a letter. What could the letter possibly contain? A million possibilities there were but most of them were negative. "...if you honestly believe your parents will come get you from this hell-like life we delinquents live, then they would be here when you need them the most wouldn't they? I suppose they'll come tomorrow then, once I kick you out?" Kyuhyun's voice crept itself into Yesung's mind. Because of what he had said three days ago it had made Yesung avoid the boy the entire time. He was scared Kyuhyun would start laughing and make a huge show out of the fact that Yesung thought his parents would actually get him. The letter probably has all the answers. He hoped it would contain good answers though and that he could actually escape the camp and life as a so-called delinquent. If things could return to the way it was before when Yesung had a loving mother, a caring father, and a understanding brother all in a warm home, life would be easier and the camp would all just seem like a really long nightmare.

What if the letter contained bad news instead? What if it was so bad that it made even the great Heenim scared and want to burn it? "It's called reality, face it." the annoying voice of Cho Kyuhyun winded its way into Yesung's mind again making the boy irritated. He was going to face it, by reading that letter that rightfully belongs to him and not Heenim who was deciding to burn it.

Yesung's mind was set as he snuck through the front door. It was around 5pm meaning most of the staff were gone or getting ready for dinner. Sneaking past the first floor was fairly easy with only two or three people rushing around with last minute paperwork, it was getting past the Chinese secretary that was the difficulty. Hangeng is always loyal to Heenim and would tattle-tell on Yesung in a heartbeat. Besides that, he was always known for sticking around the office or Heenim's private room for long periods of time. Yesung held his breath as he peeked around the corner of a wall to find Hangeng in the messy office where he was sorting papers. Of course, the secretary was going to be there for a long period of time. Then Yesung spotted an envelope ontop of Heenim's large desk. How was he ever going to be able to get it?

"Hangeng, Lee Donghae is acting up again ever since Heenim sent him to the Seclusion Room. He won't stop crying about monkeys. That and Cho Kyuhyun was found in the office." the walkie-talkie set on Hangeng's desk announced making the secretary frown. Throwing down his papers he rushed off to solve the problems. 

Yesung smiled as he snuck in once Hangeng had left and snatched up the envelope. Deciding it might be better to read the letter elsewhere he pushed open a window and crawled out while he tucked the envelope into his shirt. Yesung grabbed onto the tree branch that poked the window and lowered himself to the ground. Smiling with truimph he rushed back to the dorms to find a secluded place where he could read the letters his parents had sent him.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"Pkease, we have to save him." Eunhyuk pleaded for the tenth time as he dragged Kyuhyun into the office building.

"There is no Cho Kyuhyun in that we!" Kyuhyun snapped as he turned around wanting to escape. Eunhyuk had been pestering him about saving Donghae from the Seclusion Room. He didn't want to save him at all, it was Donghae's fault for getting in trouble not his.

"Hey, Ms. Lee remember when you told me a camper was actually flirting with you all day?" The words made Kyuhyun turn and immediately join Eunhyuk behind a large potted plant while they both eavesdropped on the conversation that was just overheard.

"Oh, you mean Kyuhyun? The kid was probably just confused but I felt so uncomfortable knowing how much he liked me." Ms. Lee blushed and hid her face with a pink folder.

"Everyone can tell he likes you espicially after you told me about how he had waited for you at the school all night." another teacher began laughing as if it was a really funny joke. This made Kyuhyun scowl and his eyebrows twitch. Ms. Lee was the one tha thad told everyone.

"But you really shouldn't have told everyone else, the poor boy probably heard the news and is heartbroken now." she sighed and shook her head although a smile still lingered on her lips from the laughter.

"He's a delinquent Soojung, do you really think he would be heartbroken?" the teacher asked with an 'are you kidding' face on. The act made Kyuhyun's jaw tightened as he gripped a leaf of the plant and crumbled it in his hand.

"You're right. It's not like he has a heart to break in the first place." Ms. Lee laughed and was joined by her fellow teacher. Kyuhyun felt sick as if he wanted to vomit. 

"Look, go find Donghae and save him. I'll create a distraction." he hissed to Eunhyuk who was giving him a very sorry look at the moment. The entire time Kyuhyun was betrayed by his own crush. He couldn't take it and there was some way he could relieve his stress.

Eunhyuk nodded and rushed away quietly as Kyuhyun tossed the crumbled leaf back into the pot of the plant. He was going to create a distraction of course and he was going to get revenge somehow. Gripping the sides of the pot he slightly shifted it forwards an inch so it was close to the office room where the two teachers stood. With all his might, the delinquent ed the pot forwards and giving it a good kick so it would roll a bit on its side before all the pieces shatter and the plant would lie uselessly on the ground with soil scattered everywhere and its leaves fluttering to the ground.

"Ms. Lee smokes marajuana!!!!" he screamed at the top of his lungs knowing probably not alot of people heard but it was satisfying enough. Before he got caught, Kyuhyun scrambled out the front door and raced through the camp grounds. 

Running made what he overheard easier to deal with it. Ms. Lee was the one that had told about his pathetic ways of loving her. Then she even despises him for being a delinquent, stereotyping him with everyone else. So what if he was a delinquent, he was still a human being and still has a heart like every other human being. He still had feelings and he knew right now they were hurt.

Just then did Kyuhyun realize that he had misunderstood Yesung and blamed everything on him that day. It wasn't Yesung that told after all, he hadn't said a single word at all. It surprised Kyuhyun that the annoying red head hadn't taken the chance to make a fool out of Kyuhyun. Apologies would be given another day, Kyuhyun decided. For now he wanted to sort out his idiotic feelings on Ms. Lee.

Instinctively, his feet carried him to the roof of the boy dorms where he always found the atmosphere calming. The air was fresher and the sounds of the camp grounds below were faint yet warming to the ears. And the wind, the wind was always so special it gave Kyuhyun a feeling of what flying could be like. Closingt he door that led to the roof behind him he stepped into the calming air. Instead of facing a clean roof he saw a boy leaning against the railings that surrounded the entire roof. The boy's foot was dangling between the large gap between the top and bottom rail with his head set on his arms that were folded. He was holding a crumbled sheet of paper in his hand that was threatening to fly away. And that it did. The piece of paper flew through the air making Kyuhyun snatch it out of the air. Smoothing out the wrinkles he squinted to make out the words that could possibly explain what was wrong with the boy.

Dear Yesung,

I am sorry for what has happened but I was left no choice. Your father passed away the day I left with your brother. I'm relieved to be honest that he finally moved on after suffering from cancer from so long. If he had lived he would've completely opposed my decision for you, if he had lived I wouldn't have had to make this decision. You are in a better place now with people that you belong with. Your brother and I will be just a part of your past. I am sending this letter to you to explain things so your brother will finally stop pestering me about it.

Yesung, you are adopted. From ages 1-3 you had been adopted over five times and once we adopted you we decided to keep you, at least your father did. It was hard for me getting used to because I had only agreed to the adoption because pregnancy wasn't possible for me anymore. Your father was thrilled though and he was the only reason I accepted the adoption. But over the years it was hard. You reminded me of my body condition that I was useless and couldn't make babies. I hated seeing that and facing that everyday. You gained so much love from your father I was disgusted how a stranger could possibly do that. You aren't mine, never was and never will be my son and I had told lies for so many years. Then slowly your father became ill and once he had passed away I knew I could get rid of you easily. The day of his death I packed up all your belongings, tossed away ones that I considered weren't needed, and fled with your brother. We are starting a new life now if you're wondering since I know how much you adored your brother. 

I have finally told you the truth after hiding it for years. I felt like I owed you an explanation. Even though I have disliked you for so long I don't mean to do harm. I hope you do well at the delinquent camp I requested for you to be sent to. The kids there are all like you. Their familes are all fake as if they don't have one, just like you. This is as much as I can do for you. May we never meet again. This is the last that I will be calling myself your mother.

Farewell,

Mom

Slowly, Kyuhyun dropped his hand that held the crumpled up letter. It must have hurt Yesung so much to have read the letter. Immediately, Kyuhyun felt guilty for what he had said the other day about Yesung's parents. He gripped the letter in his hand as he slowly approached Yesung who stood by the railings still with his face buried in his arms. Kyuhyun warily placed a hand on his shoulder making the boy look up and what Kyuhyun saw was not what his heart was ready for. A tear slipped out of Yesung's already red and puffy eyes and rolled down his cheek. The sight seemed to have squeezed Kyuhyun's heart making it as uncomfortable as when he had his heartbroken by Ms. Lee.



panda: I'm sorry this was really horribly written. idk i just graduated middle school today TT TT nd is still sorta in initial shock gah its gonna b ten times worse for highschool TT^TT so im sorry kyusung was horribly written i just felt like i sorta had to write something with not updating at all for so long. anyways has everyone seen Henry's TRAP MV yet xD LINK yesh imma advertise for lil mochi cheeks :3 haha

TheGreatRinnim~ yesh my lil ponnies xD haha

tifane~ honey i luv how u always rant and ur awesome imagination xDDD its just so interesting!!!! haha -hugglez uuuuuuu- ;w; u make me feel freakin special i dont deserve this like -hugglez againnnnz- xDD thank u so much for ur lovely comments xDDDD

yewookM~ haha idc ur comments r awesome xDDD thank u so much for always commentin^^ and yup yup everyones loving the punishments i guess 0.0 hahaha