[2] After A Long Time

CoLlEcTiOn Of OnE sHoT sToRiEs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Well, remember when I asked you if you like him? You said that you don't like him, right?"

"Yes, I said that. But do you remember also when I asked you that what if I like him also? will you try to stop your feelings for him? I asked you that question, right? but you just laugh about it. And so I was thinking that I better be the one to stop this feeling because I bet that you can't. But now that I know that he likes me, I think you should be the one to step back now. I gave you a chance to have him, but it's him that doesn't gave you a space in his heart. So, you should know where you should belong"

"Wow! so, your teaching me a lesson right now, huh?"

"Look sojin, it's not my fault that he likes me. Besides, you're too desperate that he don't want to like you. You could have just wait until he will like you, but you didn't. Instead you keep on giving him a distraction that will make him hate you more. And that's not my fault, it's you who keeps on saying you won't give up. And look what you've got"

"Okay find, it's my fault. But I still hate you, and I will never forgive me"

"I don't care because I don't even have a plan to apologize anyway"

"I will make you suffer"

"I will make you happy"

"What are you saying?"

"Well, it's because I'm not like you. So, I won't do the same thing that you would do because I know what is right from wrong. And if you love him, your willing to set him free" I said and walke away and wipe my tears

 

"Mianhae chingu ah...." I said while I'm walking

After the thing that was happen yesterday. I heard that Sojin attempted suicide. And I didn't know that after we had a talk, she then talked with Woosang. But then she was busted by him. And woosang said bad things to her, like about her attitude and like how she treats me like a follower. She was hurt about woosang's words, that's why she attempted suicide. But then, thank god, she was just injured and she's now recovering at the hospital right now. So, I decided to visit her because she's still my best friend. But when I entered her room, she wants me to go and to let me out of her sight because she's angry at the both of us and she don't want to see us.

"Sojin, mianhae..." I said

"Sorry? even if you say your sorry, your sorry can't bring back time" she said

"I didn't say sorry because I'm guilty. I say sorry because I felt sorry. You should move on"

"Hah! you are both the same"

"What can I do to make you forgive me?"

"You know what I want, right?"

"What? but sojin ah, he doesn't like you. He loves me"

"You don't have to say it. But if you want me "Your Best Friend" to forgive you. Then, stay away from him. I won't stay close to him and you will do the same. No one of the both of us will have him. It's just the two of us, lets continue this friendship without having him"

"Bwoh? but---"

"Well, you have many choices. And you have a freedom a choose. Because honestly I admit it, I was not good to you. I just treated you like my follower and I didn't even notice that I'm doing that to you. So, I want to say sorry. But you can't blame me for loving him, that's why I'm asking you. Me? or him?--- you can't have it all. Because if you stay close to me, then I will see you with him. It gives pain in my heart, that's why I'm want you choose, hope you understand. But I'm okay if you will choose him, just don't let me see the both of you. But it's more okay if you choose your best friend"

"You want me to choose?"

"Yes, I am"

"But---" I said and I couldn't say anything next

As I was walking in the hallway, I keep on thinking of what Sojin said. I don't know what should I do. I mean, they are both special to me and I don't want to lose one of them, and I don't even want to lose the both of them. So, I really have to choose. So that day I made up my mind, and that is to choose my best friend over my childhood friend.

At the park where we sit on a bench...

"What? you want me to stay away from you? but how can I do that Hana? I like you, I love you. And I can't help to lose you?" Woosang said

"I know, and we feel the same. I can't afford to lose you also Woosang. But what can I do, I have to choose between the two of you. And I choose Sojin, even if you tell me that she didn't me good. She is still my best friend, and she say sorry to me already, and I have to give her a chance. I'm sorry Woosang, I like you but--- I don't know what else to do. And besides, we decided to start our friendship again without you in our lives" I said

"But Hana, we were so close together, how can I forget you? But why do we say goodbye now?"

"Woosang ah, I hope you will always be happy as I say goodbye. Someone that shines brightly."

"How can I be happy, tell me?"

He said and I starts to tear now. Then I stand up..

 

"Woosang ah, lets give a little smile as we say goodbye. A little more but now, it's really goodbye.... Mianhae" I said as I tears starts to fall

"Hana ah, this couldn't be happening. I don't want to lose you"

"You won't lose me because if you really love me. You will still remember me, put me inside your heart and feel my presence"

"But its really different if your beside me"

"That thing will not happen anymore Woosang. I'm sorry, but this is really the end. I'm sorry" I said and walk away fastly and cover my tearing face with my hands

"Hana ah! no matter what, I'll wait for you until you will get back to me!" woosang shouted but I didn't bother to look back and just continue walking away

 

My(Hana) POV:

"Woosang ah, mianhae... I love you but--- Its just that it can't be. If were really meant for each other, then time will come that my heart will lead to you"

~End of POV~

 

Many weeks after my conversation with Woosang. We really don't have any communication with each other anymore after that. If we bumped with each other in coincidence, we just pass each other's way and won't make any word. It's really awkward because we have the same school, the same town that we are living, and our family's know each other very well. So, its really hard for the both of us to avoid each other but we have to do it. And Sojin noticed that I feel so lonely, my smiles and laugh were now limited, she can't even see me smile everyday, only sometimes. And so she confront me and say that---

 

"Hana, I'm sorry if I let you choose. I thought it was a good thing to start our friendship again, but I think this thing only benefit me. And so, I decided that it's okay with me now of you get back with Woosang. But don't worry, you won't lose me, I'm still here for you. So, it only means that you don't have to choose anymore because I want you to be happy. So, get him back now Hana" Sojin said and I just give her a smile

"Your only saying that because you understand what I'm feeling. I know I'm lonely nowadays because of Woosang, but this loneliness will soon fade. So, don't worry because my focus now is to make you happy by healing that wound in your heart. I understand what you feel, that's why I choose you over him"

"I know Hana, I admit it. I'm really hurt but I was only hurt because I loved. So, you don't also have to suffer because I was hurt. And besides, you already made me happy by choosing me. But no matter how you hide it, I can still feel that you also want to have him by your side. That's why I'm saying that you should get back to him"

"But I don't want only myself to be happy. I also want you to be happy"

"You didn't heard what I said? I said that you made me happy at the time you choose me over him. That's enough for me now, and we don't know. Maybe your really meant for each other, we can't stop the fate. It's okay with me now Hana"

"Well, as what you ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter