Final

The Only Exception
"Could you please take the honour and enlighten me why we had to do this again?" I glared at him and my vision flashed to the ring he just gave me. Commitment. Great. Yay. As if he wasn't lucky to get me to agree to be his girlfriend. What now? His wife. This guy is really something. "Because we love each other. Duh" He said as-the-matter-of-factly like it was the easiest thing in the world. Yeah, like everybody that got married because they love each other to death. A while later, they got sick of each other and decided they didn't match anymore after screwing up their lives with kids and such. Then there will be kids like me. Whoopie. Suddenly, I found myself numbed to the core. 'Then there will be kids like me' My legs halted to a stop as my legs felt heavier. Abruptly, I fell to the ground and wrapped myself in tightly as if I would break down if it loosened even a little bit. "And didn't you...Hyuna?" 'Please not again' Howon rushed to his girl's side who probably looked like she was going to break any second that he wasted. As he got closer, Hyuna's eyes were already red and he got pushed away. "Don't touch me" she growled. He didn't give up. Instead, he swiftly moved closer and embraced the girl tightly in his arms. She struggled to break free but it only made his hold that much stronger. "Hey,shhhh..it's me babe. What's wrong?" He asked, his voice was velvet against her ears, his fingers her long locks softly like a mother trying to calm her child. It's Howon. She cried and cried, sobbing softly on his chest. She even got hiccups from crying so hard. They stayed like that for only god knows how long. People were staring at them, some put on a poker face, some looked at them in disgust but above all it was his reaction to that what shocked her the most. He kept chucking her hair and constantly saying that it was okay, he was there. He didn't even look up once, she got his full attention. Then the hard truth dawned on her, she didn't deserve this man. She would only cause him so much trouble. She was chugging down a mug of milk he gave her while he excused himself in the kitchen when they were back at his condo. Never in her life she felt so helpless since her parents left her. She needed him. So much as she needed air to breathe. But with her there, it will only tug him down. Slowly, she rose up from her seat and searched for him in the kitchen. She hugged his back when she found him, cutting the tomatoes. "Howon?" "Hmm?" "Do you love me?" "What kind of question is that?" "Just answer it please" "More than ever" "Thank you. That's all I need to hear. Just know that I love you too. Hehe" "Silly jing jing" "Drama queen" We laughed heartily that evening. I decided to crash his place for once. He cooked for dinner and what a scrumptious one it was. He was perfect. We spend the night talking and embracing each other before he decided to be my mother again and tucked me to bed. Seeing that he was leaving, I tugged on his sleeve and pulled myself up to him for a kiss. He smiled in the kiss before decided to kiss back. He stayed by my side that night. He woke up feeling ecstatic as ever, finally his girl confessed her love for him too, what more could he ask? A small smile crept up his face as he turned towards his love's side of the bed and the smile disappeared when he saw nothing. No sight of her sweet sleeping face. He panicked, what if she had another break down? He abruptly stood up and frantically dialing her number when his eyes caught a ring on the side table of the bed. The ring he gave her and a note. "You might hate me for doing this but I love you too much to continue what we had. The ring was beautiful but not on my fingers. You're too good a person to be stuck with a pathetic,broken girl who can't even deal with her own emotion like me. Bye, Lee Howon" He crumpled the note with frustration. Didn't she know her own effects to his life? Grabbing the keys to his car, he drove to the place where he knew so well that dumb girl would be. She sat again under the table of her bedroom. No matter how much this house has scarred her emotion, she would always come back to this bedroom of hers. Always. Under this same table where she used to hug herself and cry when everything doesn't go her way, when her parents decided to end everything. This was her safe place. Even now, when she decided to do this. Urgh, she rested her head on her knees still contemplating whether this is the right thing to do. "Regretting something?" A voice made her head shot up. She looked to her right and there he was. This guy was really something. "What are you doing here?" "Trying to get my girl back" "I told you.." "I didn't say it was you" Her heart cringed with hurt as he said that. Why did it hurt so much? She lowered her head back. "I see" Seeing her reaction, he grabbed her chin, turning it towards him lightly. "It was the person inside you. The person you tried so damn hard to bury deep. The cheerful and sassy Hyuna. The one who doesn't afraid to speak her mind, the one I love to death. What happened to her?" A tear stricken down her now puffy cheek. "You..you were too nice, too perfect for me. There's nothing I had to offer to you in return. I don't belong with you. In fact, I can't belong to anybody" "That is where you're wrong, you know. Nobody is too perfect for somebody else. I am not perfect either. I had my flaws. You wouldn't believe how much we resembled each other actually" He chuckled. "You don't know me that much and already you've given up. Aren't you curious to how I've always managed to find you, know how are you feeling? I would give you that much. So what's the verdict? Do you want to know me deeper or would you chicken out?" He raised an eyebrow. A signature move of his. When he saw no sign of her moving, he pecked her quickly and made the sound of a chicken. Complete with the wing action. She stared at him for a long moment before a smirk made its way to her lips. She flicked his forehead and showed her tongue at him. "You bet" It was his turn to smirk. "That's my girl" ............................................. "Lee Howon, would you take Kim Hyuna as your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to cherish, as long as you both shall live? "I do, with pleasure" "Kim Hyuna, would you take Lee Howon as your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, as long as you both shall live? There was only silence from the bride. The guests were already gasping and whispering to themselves. "Of course I do" A little chuckle erupted from the bride as the groom rolled his eyes. "You may kiss the bride" He removed the veil to her face, staring at the girl who was finally his. Hyuna raised her eyebrow at her husband as if mocking him. He smirked and kissed her deeply. .............................................. "Umma!" She was pulled back from her thoughts when a little boy jumped in front of her, waving his little hands excitedly to her face. "Appa! Umma's dreaming again!" The boy pointed at her whining at his father, her husband. He came up to her, hand in hand with his son smiling sweetly at her. "Yah, are you ignoring our child?" He said, flicking her forehead. "Hey! Wife abuse!" She rubbed her forehead and pouted at him. He laughed. "Well, its your fault Mrs Lee Hyuna for ignoring us. Right, young man?" He asked the little boy. The boy agreed readily,laughing. "Oh? Teaming up now? Its your loss. No dinner tonight. By the way, Lee Howon-shi I think its mainly your fault I couldn't run with you guys with your other child inside of me" I stood up, stomping my way down the hill with both of the boys chasing after me. Yes, both of the 'boys'. A sassy Hyuna you want then a sassy Hyuna you will get. I laughed as I watched the blue sky thinking that there would not be a better choice than the one I made. .............Fin.............