Dream

All That Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kris sat there and looked at the tape over and over waiting for someone to tell him that it was all a dream. He needed someone to take him out of this nightmare, someone to slap him and say it was just a joke.

No one did and he was left to face the harsh reality that his best friend was now gone.

He glanced across the table at the empty coffee cup, the same cup that brought about Kai’s end. He sat in Kai’s apartment opposite an empty chair with tears in his eyes as the memories from a few months ago washed over him.

                It had been 4 years, 5 months and 6 days since the first time they met as they lounged together on Kris’s couch of his apartment. The feeling of uncertainty was in the air as silence itself ripped through the room.

“Don’t you have anything to say?” Kai asked nervously.

“Well it’s not every day I am told that-“Kris tried to speak shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

Kai cut him off, “I am coming out”

“You know what people will think of you right?” Kris turned to him bearing a stern expression.

“I know” Kai admitted.

“Then why are you doing this to yourself?”

“I am not doing anything, this is just the way I am”

“And I’m just supposed to accept this”

“You’re my best friend”

Kris stayed quiet and looked down at his hands.

Kai chuckled, ”You don’t want to be my friend because I play for a different team. Is that it? “He continued, “And now you’ve gone mute”

Kris said nothing being unable to respond to what he had just heard. Since high school Kai and him had been friends and he definitely hadn’t suspected anything odd about him. 

Kai nodded while rising to his feet, “Well I’ll leave before my flaming homo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter