► sergeant assclap

Stick 'Em Up

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Get out.” Jongin shoved Sehun out the minivan.

 

Jongin’s mother had a Bingo session with his father at the community center and Jongin couldn’t help but take advantage of the leftover car in the driveway.

 

His mother wouldn’t let him use the minivan ever since he got in a car accident the past spring. Jongin had tried explaining to his mother that the tree popped up out of nowhere. The alcohol they found in his system said otherwise.

 

“Jongin, I’m not walking into that liquor store like this.” Sehun pointed at the plastic badge. He was wearing a police officer uniform.

 

They had been playing a harmless game of “Truth or Dare” and Sehun was forced into the police officer uniform.

 

It was Jongin’s father’s uniform.

 

Jongin’s father also happened to take a stripper course in his younger days.

 

“Look, Sehun, all you have to do is walk in there and get some beer. We’ll be out of here in no time. Besides, no one goes to the liquor store at 8 p.m. around this area.

 

“Is that supposed to make me feel better?” Sehun glared at Jongin and reached for the door handle.

 

“Nu-uh,” Jongin locked the doors and smirked. “Go get some booze and I’ll let you in.”

 

“I will murder you.” Sehun pressed his face against the window of the car door.

 

Jongin turned the stereo up while Sehun pounded on the door. The temperature was freezing and the fabric was so thin that Sehun swore his ancestors could feel a draft. Jongin was being an insensitive .

 

Sehun suspected this was because of that one time he locked a half- Jongin out of their dorm. It was a shameless prank that resulted in the downfall of Jongin’s reputation.

 

“Alright, alright, dammit—I’ll get your ing beer.” Sehun threw his hands up and headed towards the small liquor store with goosebumps rising on his arms. There was no way he was letting Jongin get off easy for this one.

 

The liquor store was thankfully warm and there was only a group of strangers hanging out by the cashier. They did look like the type that boiled puppies for fun but he was in no position to complain. Sehun walked by them quickly and walked straight for the beer in the back. He grabbed the first pack that came into sight and he turned around to bump into a baby-faced, pale-skinned angel.

 

His eyes were wide and he looked at Sehun’s badge nervously.

 

When “Angel” looked up, caught Sehun staring and he blushed.

 

“Uh, I’m sorry officer.” He bowed his head and walked around Sehun.

 

, , , , I am so done with life right now.’ Sehun’s brain was sobbing and he hurried to the register instead of thinking about Angel's pretty, pink lips. If he wasn’t wearing such a ridiculous outfit he would have tried flirting with the guy. But since his best friend was an , he was forced to walk by an attractive male.

 

“Hello, officer,” the cashier greeted Sehun with a small smile and rang up the case of beer. “Are you on duty?”

 

Sehun glanced nervously at the group of seedy-looking strangers standing right next to him. One of them was wearing an eye patch.

 

An eye-ing-patch for ’s sake…these guys are going to kill me.

 

“No, no! The department let me off earlier today.” Sehun lied smoothly and reached for the wallet in his back pocket when the cashier pointed at the price on the small screen. He wanted to bolt before anyone realized he wasn’t a real police officer.

 

He began to break a sweat when he saw one of the hoodlums reach into his pocket. He didn’t want to die.

 

His wallet was gone. He patted around for his wallet and groaned, “Excuse me; I think I dropped my wallet somewhere. I’ll be right back.”

 

Jongin’s minivan was still in sight and that was the only thing consoling him at the moment.

 

“Not so fast Sergeant,” the tallest one of the seedy group looked at his badge and frowned, “Assclap?”

 

Sehun’s face burned. Jongin thought the badge was a hoot. The ridiculous name was the cherry on the sundae—in Sehun’s case, the lid to his coffin.

 

“I’ve got to go…” Sehun backed up and knocked over a rack of chocolate bars. He was not dealing with this crap. He was not dealing with this: not now, not today, not ever.

 

“Everybody get the down!” Finally one of the four (Sehun counted them) took out a gun and Sehun dropped it like it was hot along with the cashier.

 

The cashier was obviously counting on Sehun to save the day but Sehun was only a poor college student who came to the wrong place, at the wrong time, in the wrong get-up.

 

“Don’t think we didn’t know about the undercover investigations you’ve been running around here, Assclap.” The one with the gun pointed it at Sehun. Sehun would’ve laughed at how silly “ clap” sounded in that sentence but he was too busy pissing himself from fear.

 

“Frisk him and find the bugs.” The tallest one spoke again and nodded at Sehun who was crouching with a great amount of fear in his eyes. “Stand up, Assclap.”

 

Sehun stood up shakily, hands behind his head and two beefy guys approached him. They patted him down and a loud tearing sound made Sehun tense up.

 

“Did your pant leg just come off?” The tallest one questioned. One of the beefy guys was holding a navy blue pant leg in hand and Sehun cursed Jongin and all his generations to come. His ting pant leg had come off and one of his legs was in plain view.

 

“Y-yes, my pant leg just came off.” Sehun stuttered. His life was at stake.

 

“Is this a ing joke?” The one with the gun looked incredulous. “What the is this?”

 

“It’s justice,” Angel appeared out of nowhere, a fierce look in his eyes and a gun pointing at the tallest one. “Stick ‘em up boys or I will shoot.”

 

The tallest on of the four put his hands up but the one with the gun shot at Angel but Angel ducked and aimed at the bad guy. He shot with precision and got the man in the hand.

 

Sehun screamed along with the man who got shot and dropped back down. He wanted to keep his hand.

 

There a sudden draft of cold air made Sehun’s head snap towards the door. Jongin had run in with a wrench in his hand.

 

“I’ve got this Sehun! I got your back!” Jongin threw the wrench at one of the beefy guys that had dropped next to Sehun. Unfortunately Jongin missed and ended up chuckling nervously when Angel (the real officer glared at him).

 

“Are you ing crazy?” Angel snapped at Jongin as the loud wail of sirens became louder. The one who’d shot at Angel was lying on the floor, clutching his bleeding hand. Angel looked at him and then rolled his eyes, “Get over it, it was a small scratch.”

 

 

 

. : : .

 

 

 

The place was infiltrated with police officers within seconds and they dragged the four criminals out. Sehun was pulled out by Angel with Jongin following behind. His wrench had unfortunately been taken away as evidence. Jongin wanted to keep it as a souvenir.

 

I’d put it on a mantel with a little plaque under that said ‘the day I saved Sehun’ with a picture of you partially pant-less on the side.” He’d commented on their way out. Sehun thought it was so not funny how Jongin had watched all the events unfold from the comfort of his minivan.  He was kind of flattered that Jongin had barged in with a wrench with the intentions of saving him.

 

“I thought you were a dead man when you pant leg came off.” Jongin chuckled and Sehun glared at him. He was sitting in the back of a patrol car with a blanket wrapped around his waist. Jongin stood by the open door and he was trying to lighten up the mood.

 

The cashier was being questioned meters away and as soon as the detective dismissed him he came up to Sehun with a confused frown.

 

“Are you not an officer?”

 

“No, he’s not.” Angel interrupted and smiled apologetically at the cashier. “And if you could excuse me, I need to talk to the person who almost blew this operation.”

 

Angel shoo-ed Jongin and the cashier away and as soon as they were out of sight, his face turned dark.

 

“What the hell were you thinking, son?”

 

“Angel.” Sehun responded calmly.

 

“What?” Angel’s dark face turned into a confused one.

 

“I wanted to know your name because I’ve been calling you Angel in my head all along.” Sehun wasn’t in any position to flirt but he couldn’t help it. He was also satisfied to see the redness forming on Angel’s face.

 

“Y-you can call me Officer Lu but—but that’s not what I’m here to talk about.” His gaze dropped. “Do you realize you just endangered your life? What’s with the get-up? Did someone send you?”

 

“I,” Sehun was the one burning up now, “Jongin and I were trying to be funny and he made me wear this stupid costume. I was supposed to walk in and out but those guys thought I was the real deal. I didn’t know you were on a mission or whatever the hell you call it.”

 

“Nowadays, you kids are ridiculous.” Officer Lu shook his head and looked back up at Sehun.

 

Sehun was able to see the golden flecks in Officer Lu’s eyes from that proximity. He his lips and smiled sheepishly.

 

“Hey, I bet you’re not much older than me.” Sehun was trying to ease his way out of trouble. He didn’t need the police department calling his parents to tell them they’d caught him dawdling around like a fool in stripper attire. It was downright humiliating and the gang back home would never let him live it down.

 

“We’ll see about that,” Officer Lu pulled out a familiar wallet from his pocket and he opened the flap, “Oh Sehun of nineteen years old…hm, I guess you’re not much younger.”

 

“Hey, I thought I’d lost that!” Sehun reached for it and Officer Lu handed it to him willingly. He was becoming softer. He’d realized that Sehun was just a kid trying to have some harmless fun. He couldn’t say it hadn’t resulted in disaster but he also couldn’t say that he didn’t have his share of crazy dares when he was in college.

 

“You dropped it back where the beer was. You threw me off with the uniform but when I read your I.D. I knew you were some idiot kid trying to be funny.” Officer Lu sighed. “Those guys would have killed you.”

 

Sehun took a deep breath and let it all sink in. He’d just survived a stick-up.

 

“Well, they didn’t,” Sehun caught Officer Lu’s eye, “Thanks to you I’m still here. I’m sorry for interfering officer.”

 

Sehun secretly thought Officer Lu was attractive. He could only imagine what it would be like to pull that man in and kiss him and just another one of those—

 

“You can keep the blanket. Your friend over there is waiting for you.” Officer Lu was beginning to say goodbye.

 

Jongin was waving from the minivan. He had a stupid grin. One of those “Grow-A-Pair-And-Get-His-Number” looks.

 

“Wait, but don’t you need my information or anything?” Sehun asked mischievously.

 

“Huh? I already have it recorded here…” Officer Lu took out a folder from behind his back and looked through the papers.

 

“No, no, no, I mean don’t you want my number.” Sehun stepped out of the patrol car, clutching the blanket wrapped around his waist.

 

“Ha, ha, no can do kid. You can be on your way now.” Officer Lu started to walk away and Sehun panicked. It was so damn hard to have game when a blanket was wrapped around your waist.

 

“Officer Lu, I just want one date. Can I please have one date? I love guys in uniform.” Sehun played a cheap card but he wasn’t letting this guy get away. He heard a snort come from Officer Lu.

 

He saw Officer Lu take out a small notepad from his pocket and he scribbled on it before turning to face Sehun again.

 

“My name Lu Han and you can pick me up at six.” He ripped the paper out of his notepad and shoved it into Sehun’s hands. He approached Sehun with an evil glint in his eye. His body pressed against Sehun’s lightly and he whispered in his ear:

 

“And just so you know, I like guys in uniform too.”

 

Lu Han backed away with a wink and he left Sehun standing there with a goofy smile on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 
will edit soon.
 
i love comedy but i at it. this is exceptionally short.
it was only supposed to be 500w but i got carried away.
i'm sorry if its fast-paced.
 
 
thank you for the support~
 
*before i forget! this was partially inspired by an episode of workaholics.