"You have the right to kill them"

Quaerimus veritatem [Hiatus]

Zelo cautiously glanced over his shoulder as he sneaked away from the cave. He knew that if he’d tell anyone, they would try to stop him. Besides, it wasn’t like he was going to be gone for long. All he wanted was to find Minzy and bring her back. Zelo was worried about her and CL. The leader hadn’t been in the best mood ever since they came back to Isreínum, but now she seemed like the weight of the entire world was resting on her shoulders.

“Minzy noona!” he called out once he was far away enough. “Are you here? Please, answer me!”

“Go away, Zelo.” The young woman sat on a branch, leaning her back against the tree.

“You have to come back. CL noona is in a really bad condition. I’m worried about her. Her thoughts are getting darker.”

“I can’t go back. Not yet. You should understand this, Jello. Your parents were murdered as well. How would you feel if you suddenly saw the ones responsible for it?” Zelo knew that Minzy didn’t mean to sound so heartless, but it got to him anyways.

“Please, I–” His words were interrupted by a loud voice shouting things he couldn’t understand.

“,” Minzy whispered before jumping down and landing on her feet. She grabbed Zelo’s arm and pulled him up with her as she climbed back to her previous position. The two rebels sat closely together, not daring to make a single sound.

It was one of the guards that had visited Yongguk and Zelo before they all left to South Korea. He was followed by five other men, two of them radiating with magic. Zelo pressed closer to Minzy, worried about being seen. The men stopped and quietly murmured a few things. It was frustrating not to be able to make out any words.

Finally the men spoke loud enough for Zelo and Minzy to hear. “Are you completely sure about this?”

“Definitively. The rebels are hiding somewhere in this forest. There have been many rumors about them.”

“What if we manage to capture them? What will the king do?”

“If it’s just one, he may spare his life and use him as bait for the others. Until now the rebels have been relatively peaceful. The fights on the streets have gotten worse, though, and it’s time to take action.”

“Should we spare their lives if we see them?”

“You don’t have to. If there’s more than one attacking us, you have the right to kill them. If it’s a solo attack, however, we must act with caution. Esror will be mad if we don’t bring him anyone.”

“I heard a rumor about someone coming from Earth to help the rebels.”

A gruff laugh echoed through the silent forest. “That’s demented. Earthians are…  worthless. Pathetic. They don’t know anything and can’t do anything.”

“You know… it shocks me that these rebels think they’re so smart yet don’t know that we know they’re perched on the tree right here and listening to everything we say.”

Minzy tensed. She recognized the two more powerful men once again. She tried reaching for CL with her mind, but was blocked. Zelo didn’t dare to breathe while the men below him laughed. He felt his noona’s troubles, but couldn’t help her in any way. I’m sorry, Yongguk hyung, he thought before slowly extending his hand and slowing down time around their enemies below.

“Thanks, Jello,” Minzy whispered before throwing herself off the tree and onto the men. They were stuck in slow motion and tried to attack her, but failed. She quickly managed to knock out the guard and just as she was going to kick a second man, something stopped Zelo’s power. The men managed to move at a quick speed again, and in shock Minzy got hit in the jaw. She breathed heavily before pouncing on the man closest to her and attacking him with all her power.

Zelo, in the mean time, was confused. Why couldn’t he manipulate time anymore? Something blocked it… someone. His gaze fell on one of the two men he suspected had magical powers. He had seen Minzy’s reaction to them, he knew who they were. But how did they stop him?

He decided that it would be best to stop thinking and help Minzy. She was still fighting and had knocked another of their enemies unconscious, but even she couldn’t continue forever. Zelo cautiously climbed down the tree and grabbed a heavy branch as a weapon. He quickly drew it across one of the men’s heads, making him topple to the ground.

“Go away, Zelo!” Minzy screeched before a wave of energy hit her from one of the magician’s hands. She flew backwards and fell to the ground, but stood up again and attacked.

“I have to help you, noona.” There were only three men left. Zelo knew his limit, he knew that he was never the best at fighting, but he didn’t want to sit back while Minzy fought for both of their lives.

One of the two magicians sighed. “Isn’t this sweet? I’d love to watch you two, but it’s getting late and I’m pretty sure you guys are the ones we want to kill.”

“You wouldn’t dare hurt him,” Minzy hissed. “He’s a child.”

“Noona, I–”

“Listen to her, boy,” another man snickered. “You might make it out alive if you run now.”

“I won’t run.”

“Fine then.” The third man pointed his empty palm at Minzy and started murmuring something incomprehensive.

“What…” Zelo gasped when he saw Minzy turn to the man and close her eyes, as if she knew what was coming.

“Don’t let them hurt you,” she whispered before her body went limp and hit the ground with a thud.

 

“Minzy!” CL shouted in her sleep and shot up.

“What’s going on?” Himchan mumbled.

“She… , , !”

“Noona, calm down,” Daehyun started but CL shook her head.

“How can I calm down? We have to find her. Now!”

Yongguk looked around. “Where’s Zelo?”

“That’s why we have to find out where she is!” CL urged them all to stand up before running off into the deeper parts of the forest.

“She’s gone crazy,” Himchan huffed as he followed her with the others.

“CL noona’s been in a bad condition recently,” Jongup murmured. “I think her demons are back.”

“Minzy!” CL screamed once again, but this time the other men saw her as well. Minzy was lying on the ground, unmoving. There was blood on the forest floor, indicating a fight. CL dropped to her knees beside the younger girl. “Oh …”

“Is she…” Youngjae didn’t dare finish his sentence.

CL nodded darkly. “I can do this. It’s not a strong spell, I can resurrect her.” She held her hands above Minzy’s head and slowly moved them down the girl’s body, whispering words with hidden meanings. When Minzy shifted, CL blinked her tears away.

“They got Zelo,” was the first thing Minzy said. “They captured Zelo and killed me.”

------------------------------------------------

I'm really sorry for my hiatus but I just couldn't write anything. No inspiration whatsoever. Therefore it might take some time until I update again, but please don't leave! I promise to finish this story. I may not be able to write much over the summer because I'm moving to Russia, but I'll try. I promise.

Saranghae, Pancakes <3