Guess

Him and Her

The evening sky was orange in color, just like the autumn leaves. As Myungsoo took a whiff of the crisp air, he wrapped his brown scarf loosely around his neck and walked up the hill. He headed towards an old tree that could be a hundred years old and saw a girl wearing a red headband sitting on the bench that was located under the tree.

She was facing away from him.

When he stood closer, he could see her punching a teddy bear furiously with her small fist. He took a step backwards and blinked. He was taken aback by the girl.

She seemed pretty decent on the outside—since she was wearing a white sweater complimented with a knee-length skirt with floral prints—but judging by the way she had beaten the poor teddy bear, she was obviously rough on the inside.

Myungsoo stood at the same spot silently and stared straight ahead, ignoring the girl when she craned her neck to look at his direction. At the corner of his eyes, he could see that her eyebrows were knitted together, like she was confused or angry at something.

The girl got up from the bench—leaving the teddy bear lying on the bench— and dusted off her clothes.

He pursed his lips and continued on staring straight ahead. He was afraid that she would sneer at him—now that he knew she was good at punching and stuff.

“Are you new? I don’t seem to recognize someone like you. You have this foreign vibe coming out of you,” she tilted her head sideways, blinking twice.

Myungsoo remained silent.

It pissed her off.

“Yaa, am I talking to a wall?”

Myungsoo shook his head but said nothing.

“You’re obviously ignoring me,” she folded her arms across her chest and scowled.

Myungsoo trained his eyes on her and bowed his head slightly as a sign of apology.

“Are you mute or something?” she asked, her forehead suddenly creased with concern.

Once again he didn’t respond to her.

“Well, are you too shy to talk?”

“No,” he finally answered with his voice.

“So you can talk,” she laughed sarcastically. “That’s so snobbish of you.”

She tried walking away but he blocked her way—causing her to bump into him— and stared at her without a word.

“What?” her eyebrows furrowed and the end of her lips twitched slightly.

“I’m sorry,” he said it awkwardly.

“Why are you sorry?” she sighed. “Oh, for acting cold? Or being rude to someone like me?”

Myungsoo fished out a fountain pen from his brown sling bag. Then he wrote something slowly on her palm.

She waited for him to finish writing down everything and gasped when she found out about the truth.

“Oh,” she blinked and scratched her head. And this time, it was her turn to apologize. “I’m sorry.”

Myungsoo shook his head and smiled. She returned his smile with a brighter one.

“Since you’re still new in this village, maybe I can guide you around,” she said but then slapped herself in the forehead.

She took his pen and notebook and wrote down a few sentences with her messy handwriting. Then she gave it back to him.

“Okay,” Myungsoo nodded after he’d read the note.

Both of them walked down the hill and kept on exchanging notes.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Did you understand what the story was about? Keke. If you do understand, I would like you to comment and tell me. ^.^