単純な愛

単純な愛

 

 

"Even if the rain falls violently
Even within strong-blowing winds

I will hold fast onto this love till the end
If it’s with you I can overcome it
This is the first time I’ve felt this way.."

-Proud, DBSK
 

 

Changmin observed Yunho as he packed his belongings away, carefully stacking Bambi under a pile of clothes. The clothes were one big mess, but not a single fur on Bambi was crumpled or marred. Bambi, a symbol of their love. A love that was so utterly beautiful it was blinding.

 

"Any penny for your thoughts?" Yunho questioned, smiling brightly at Changmin.

 

Changmin stumped for a moment. Sometimes, he really forgot how handsome his hyung could be at times. That soft hair, that small face, that small lips of his, he really was the most handsome out of them all. Any women would want to marry him! He does not want any though, just like Jaejoong hyung. Two top quality men. Both gay for each other. No wonder they say all the handsome men in the world are either taken or gay. He just had a prime example in front of him.

 

Changmin sighed. 

 

"So for how long are you going to stay this time? I can only cover for you for three days you know?"

 

Yunho ruffled Changmin's hair affectionately. "Don't worry about it Changmin ah, I know. I'll just be meeting him for two days then I'll be back here as fine as day."

 

Two days? Only two days and he was okay with it? They have not met in a year because of everybody's hectic schedules. How could they be satisfied with just two days? Even two months would not have been enough!

 

Changmin did not know if Yunho was just hiding his emotions or feeling genuinely happy. He did not get how he could be so cheerful when they would practically part just as soon as they met. Was this not torture? How could Yunho hyung stand seeing Jaejoong hyung when they knew they would part in a day's time?

 

"Changmin ah, is something wrong? Has anything happened? Do you need me? I can always cancel with him you know."

 

There he goes again. He speaks of their meeting as though it was something not important for him and could be put on hold even though they both knew he and Jaejoong had been looking forward to this chance for a year. Yet, he spoke of cancelling it so casually, as though a second chance like this would come by as easily, as though he could simply arrange another meeting with Jaejoong and not have to watch their backs for their managers and saesang fans all the time.

 

"Hyung, you.." Changmin choked on his words, unable to utter a coherent sentence. How was he supposed to explain how he was feeling inside? The sense of resentment against modern world society, the pain of watching his hyungs separated from each other because of prejudices, the overwhelming feeling of injustice.. How was he supposed to speak of them in words when they were emotions and feelings that were so overpowering that he could not even find the words to describe them?

 

"Changmin ah," Yunho chuckled. "Jaejoongie's fine with it and I'm fine with it too. Don't dwell too much on it okay? Look! Even Taepoong's excited too!"

 

Sure enough, as Changmin glanced in the direction that Yunho pointed, he saw a husky wagging his tail at him, eyes gleam with excitement. Changmin shook his head.

 

"Enjoy and bring me back souvenirs!" he shouted across the living room before shutting his door. He might have seen excitement in Taepoong's eyes but even that did not dispel away the tight feeling he was starting to feel in his chest. A heavy heart that was worn out by all the charades. What if their manager noticed it this time? What if he started to get suspicious and Changmin was not able to say anything to cover for Yunho? What if he failed at protecting their love?

 

"Taepoong." 

 

Changmin said as he saw the big husky making his way towards him. It must have nudged the wooden door open by pushing its snozzle against the door.

 

"What are you doing here? Didn't you go with your owner?"

 

Taepoong stared at him with reproaching eyes, as though Changmin was the reason it was unable to make the journey with its owner.

 

"You mean Yunho hyung left you here to comfort me?"

 

Taepoong lowered his head and laid next to Changmin's side, giving no answer. 

 

That idiot! He was fine. He was not a kid that needed to be consoled. Why would Yunho hyung do something like that? Changmin glared at the dog as though it was the cause of his misery.

 

"Your owner is the most extreme of idiots." Changmin informed Taepoong as he pointed a finger at it accusingly, "And you are one too for not following him to see Jaejoong hyung and Jiji."

 

It came as a surprise to them both when Jiji, Jaejoong's cat actually got along well with Taepoong. Yunho and Jaejoong laughed. Junsu said it did not make sense. Yoochun concluded it was because both Taepoong and Jiji were bought based on YunJae's love for each other that was why they got along so well. His theory was rejected immediately due to its impracticality topped with lots of greasiness. Only Changmin's theory remained: 

 

They got along with each other so well because their two owners got along so well. 

 

"It's like the phrase "Monkey see, monkey do." Changmin remembered explaining the theory to all his dumbfounded members. "Jiji saw Jaejoong hyung's interaction with Yunho hyung and decided he was not one to mess with or Jaejoong hyung would get really mad. That includes Yunho hyung's dog Taepoong. Since Jiji doesn't mess with him, Taepoong initiates playing with Jiji. That's how they became good friends!"

 

They laughed at his explanations. Jaejoong even clapped his hands and gave him a standing ovation.

 

"Only you can explain this totally weird phenomenon with logic and supporting evidence, Changmin ah. I am utterly mystified how your brain works sometimes." Jaejoong had remarked after Changmin concluded his theory with a bow. "Only you.."

 

"Hey! That doesn't mean my theory is incorrect," Yoochun protested immediately. "Relationships are not logical in the first place, how can you use logic to decipher them, Changmin ah? They are based on feelings and so using feelings to analyse feelings would be a better theory."

 

Changmin merely rolled his eyes at him while Junsu postively cringed from his greasiness. Yunho and Jaejoong, as always, remained in their own world, looking utterly at bliss.

 

"The world's just not fair huh?" Changmin muttered to Taepoong whom was resting his head on his front paw. "Here are two people that love each other so much, yet they can't meet up due to all these stupid circumstances. It's like a live story of Romeo and Juliet!"

 

"..and here I am, useless. Unable to do a thing to help. I can only watch them as they suffer in pain, unable to relieve them of it."

 

Tears fell from Changmin's eyes and landed on Taepoong's fur, moistening it. Why was the world so unfair? Why were they suffering? They did not do anything to suffer this. Both Jaejoong hyung and Yunho hyung had already been through so much, why could not life cut them a break this time round?

 

"Life's not fair, Changmin ah, but sobbing alone in your room won't help anything."

 

Changmin jumped up in a start and frantically wiped his tears away. He must be dreaming. What was Yunho doing in their house? Was he not supposed to meet Jaejoong?

 

"Hyung you're going to be late if you don't leave now. What are you doing?" Changmin shrieked as he pushed a reluctant Yunho out of his room. Jaejoong hyung was going to kill him now. What was his stupid hyung thinking?

 

"Surprise!" 

 

Junsu and Yoochun screamed at once, their joyous laughter filling the air as they watched Changmin's expression changed from surprised to realization and finally happiness.

 

"What are you guys doing here?" Changmin blanched. "Don't you guys have schedules or anything?"

 

"We heard that our Changminnie has been down recently." Yoochun whispered into Changmin's ears as he s an arm around Changmin's wrist. "So we're here to cheer you up so to speak."

 

"Yah! Get off me you bloody ert."

 

Yoochun chuckled as he was being hit by one of Changmin's infamous punches.

 

"One touch as always huh?" Yoochun grinned cheekily again as Changmin brought forward another punch. "You really never changed one bit."

 

"Yah Yoochun. Stop bullying Changmin." Jaejoong warned as he appeared from the kitchen, waving a spatula at Yoochun's direction. "I don't want any fights today."

 

A spatula?

 

Changmin stared at Jaejoong's spatula as though it was something foreign to him. His eyes widened as his nostrils began to take in the aroma of the kimchi chigae he was sure Jaejoong was preparing in the kitchen. Kimchi chigae, not instant noodles or any of that burnt and blackened things that his Yunho hyung had tried to pass for food. It was the authentic food. The real kimchi chigae!

 

"Yah Yunho! What have you done to our maknae? He's looking at the spatula as though it's a delicacy to be tried." Jaejoong chided as Changmin's gaze grew from wonderment to delight.

 

"He starved me." Changmin accused as he followed Jaejoong into the kitchen, trying to sneak a peek at the kimchi chigae that was beckoning out to him.

 

"I cooked for you." Yunho protested, a pout forming on his lips.

 

"You burnt it." he retorted.

 

"I-i.." Yunho bit his lips. Why did Changmin have to be so good in this kind of games?

 

Jaejoong laughed. "Yunho ah, give it up. It's no use arguing with our wise maknae here. You're no match for him."

 

"Oh?" Yunho cocked his eyebrows up. "Challenge accepted."

 

"I'll be waiting for the food, Jaejoong hyung." 

 

Changmin said the moment he caught Jaejoong gazing at Yunho with lustful eyes and scrammed out of the kitchen just as Yunho began moving towards Jaejoong.

 

"So what has gotten you panting like a fool?" Junsu commented off handedly just as a panting Changmin joined them on the sofa.

 

"Oh, I'll bet it's just the usual going around at it like bunnies thing." Yoochun grinned at Changmin just as he scooted closer to Changmin. "Would you like a taste of it as well?"

 

"For Heaven's sake what's wrong with you, Yoochun hyung? Are you -deprived or what? And Junsu hyung, is that my Ipad you're playing?"

 

Both Yoochun and Junsu looked at him innocently.

 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." 

 

They uttered in sync. Changmin almost pulled his hairs out.

 

"I'm not coming out here again! Tell me when Jaejoong hyung's done cooking and Junsu hyung if you break that Ipad your life is on the line okay?"

 

Changmin screamed before he returned to the safety of his room. Those ridiculous hyungs of his, do not they know the meaning of asking before borrowing and the meaning of personal space? Just because they were fun-deprived and -deprived did not mean that they were entitled to doing things such as stealing his Ipad and touching him in places they were not supposed to!

 

But you don't really mind it.

 

Changmin admitted silently to himself as the frown on his face slowly curled up into a smile. Looking at Taepoong and Jiji who were sleeping soundly on his bed with their tails intertwined with each other, Changmin finally knew why Yunho could smile so brightly at the prospect of meeting Jaejoong even though they would part as soon as they met.

 

It was not the time that they had together that counted. It was the way they spent the time together that did.

 

"Changmin ah, it's time for dinner." Jaejoong shouted from the living room.

 

Changmin smirked as his fingers switched the lights in his room off, leaving Jiji and Taepoong curling tightly around each other. That did not mean he was not going to kick Yoochun's and Junsu's asses though. He still was going to show them lots of 'one touch'. It was the way he expressed his love for them after all.

 

"Let’s always gaze at the time and treasure it. Living and believing, while I change them into joy. Let us always walk together.."

 

The End.