Letting Go

Letting Go

Kibum stopped remembering things when the bell rang. It’s time to go to class. Sooyoung took seat in the front, while Kibum took seat at the back. He was staring at her, having a conversation with another guy. He never saw him before. His heart was being crushed and torn apart when he saw her laugh happily. Because it’s not him that make she laugh. “Oh Sooyoung... Can’t you see that I still love you? What am I supposed to do to forget you? I can never forget you… You’re my love, my everything.” He thought. The teacher came and introduced this new guy that was having a conversation with Sooyoung. And his prediction was right. His name is Son Dongwoon and he’s a new student, he moved from Amerika and going to finish his study here.

It hasn’t been for a month, but all the girls at the college were already craving for him. They were jealous over Sooyoung that got chance to talk with him, to be precise, became his friend. Sooyoung felt so comfortable herself being around him. He’s really a nice guy; he’s also kind, and he always happy. It was like seeing another Kibum. It has been about 3 weeks since she last saw him. She was worried actually... Dongwoon who knew that there was something wrong with Sooyoung asked her what happened. She was refusing at first, but he made her confess anyway. “Kibum was my boyfriend. He’s a really nice boyfriend. But we couldn’t continue being a couple for some reason. I still love him very much though. And I haven’t seen him in a while... I miss him...” Dongwoon was kinda surprised hearing her confession. He fell for her already, but she just told him that she’s still in love with her ex.

After knowing him for about a year, she was getting more comfortable with Dongwoon. She felt like she was going to fall for him. She could slowly forget about Kibum, who was still in love with her. One day she decided to meet Kibum. She missed him so much. She texted him and asked him to meet at the restaurant where they ended up their relationship.

After Kibum waited about 20 minutes, she finally came. Happiness was written all over her face. He was really happy to see her until... “Kibum-ah... Do you know what? I guess I’m falling for Dongwoon.” Kibum felt like his chest was stabbed by a thousand blades. But he decided to let it go.. She told him about Dongwoon and he could do nothing but listen. He didn’t really listen to her. He was preparing himself to let go of her, because he wanted her to be happy. “Sooyoung-yah..” he cut her words “I’m happy you met him. I’m happy for you, and I always will. I hope he has the same feeling towards you, so you guys can be together as a couple. I am going to support you from the back. And don’t forget that you can also talk to me about your problem. We’re friends, aren’t we?” She was a bit taken back by his words. But then she decided to smile, and when she’s about to say another word, her phone rang. It was from Dongwoon. He asked her to meet him at a park not so far from the restaurant. She asked Kibum to wait for her come back at the restaurant.

After 2 hours of waiting, he decided to go but she met Sooyoung running towards him with her biggest smile.  Sooyoung hugged him so hard and told him what happened. Hearing the news that she now has officially became Dongwoon’s girlfriend, Kibum heart felt both happy and sad. He’s happy because of her happiness. But he’s also sad because he got to see the girl that he love the most, became another guy’s girlfriend. He gave her his sweetest smile for the last time and accepting the truth to let her go. To be happy with that other guy...