The race begins

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You going to be ok? Seungri looked at CL.

 

CL nodded as she took one last look at the plane that her mother was on.

 

“I know it seems sudden sending her like this but-“

 

“I know”, CL sighed as she faced him, “It’s for her safety…I can’t have her here knowing CG is after her.”

 

“She’s going to be fine”, Seungri pulled her closer to him, “Trust me arasso.”

 

“Hm”, CL smiled sadly.

 

Seungri furrowed his brows and looked down at her.

 

“Really, I’m fine”, CL shook her head at him and tried to smile properly.

 

Seungri pulled her into a hug, “I’m here remember.”

 

She smiled and rolled her eyes, “I’m fine, seriously stop worrying about me will you”, she looked around at people staring at them now, “Can you let go now people are looking at us weirdly.”

 

“So?”

 

“I don’t like public display of affection”, CL said bluntly.

 

“So?” Seungri teased hugging her even more tightly.

 

CL groaned in and hid her face in his chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Noona please do those tests again”, JIyong asked Gummy once in the HQ.

 

“G, trust me when I say there’s nothing abnormal in her tests”, Gummy sighed as she focused on mixing chemicals together, still trying to make an antidote.

 

 

“Noona!” JIyong closed his eyes, “Please…just once more.”

 

 

Gummy looked at him and nodded after a while, “Arasso, but I’m telling you there’s nothing to worry about. Dara’s results are all normal.”

 

He shook his head, “No there’s something there we’ve missed, I just know it.”

 

Gummy looked at him curiously now, “…what do you mean?”

 

“I don’t know”, JIyong ran his fingers through his hair, “But something not right.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sir everything is ready as per planned”, Scar said to CG.

 

CG smirked and picked the USB pen, “Poor YG….they won’t know what hit them.”

 

He turned to scar and threw the USB pen at him. Scar caught it and waited for orders.

 

“Go and deliver the pen”, CG ordered darkly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Does he really think I’m just going to sit here all day?”, Dara sat on the bed with her arms crossed across her chest and pouted.

 

She whined and glared at the door.

 

 

“Aish that namja!”, Dara shook her fist in the thin air, “I’m fine!!”

 

 

“Dara”, Young deuk suddenly popped his head around the door, “Did you say something?”

 

Dara quickly put her hands down and shook her head embarrassed.

 

 

“Ok then…get some rest”, Young deuk nodded and went out again.

 

 

“I should have known he would keep bodyguards at the door”, Dara sighed, “Ani, does that make any sense?! Having body guards for a bodyguard?!”

 

She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down before pouting again.

 

 

“Nope! This won’t do! I need to be out there helping them catch CG!”, She said with determination and quickly stood up only to suddenly feel dizzy.

 

She grabbed her head and shut her eyes close as she held onto the bed for support.

 

“Ahh”, Dara mumbled as she fell onto her knees. She tried to open her eyes but the whole room started spinning and she felt like she was going to be sick. Her head felt like it was going to explode, she held onto her hair with both her hands and tried to call out for Young deuk but no sound escaped and she weakly fell on the floor still clasping onto her head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP entered the familiar bar where his father frequently visited. He didn’t know himself why he was there but, this irritating feeling of wondering if his dad was ok from last night hadn’t let him sleep all night. Of course he didn’t tell Bom he was coming here, she would make a fuss about it all and he was only here to see from a distance, he had no intention of talking to that man.

 

 

He scoured the place but his father was nowhere to be seen. Could this mean he might really be hurt? TOP furrowed his brows and looked around again.

 

 

 

“Looking for someone?”

 

TOP spun around towards the bar where a waiter was drying a glass.

 

“Who is it?”, the waiter asked.

 

“Choi Lee Joon” TOP replied bluntly.

 

“Choi’s quite popular today isn’t he?”, the waiter smiled, “A girl was here an hour ago looking for him.”

 

“A girl?”, TOP grimaced, knowing exactly who it was.

 

“Yea, Choi didn’t look like he was in the best state, so she took him to the hospital”, the waiter informed.

 

“Which hospital?”, TOP asked through gritted teeth.

 

“Don’t know”, the waiter shrugged, “But the nearest one here is Seoul National, so maybe try there.”

 

TOP sighed and stormed out of the place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung come on”, Chief sighed through the phone, “What is the point of having a science degree if you can’t even follow a few squiggles on a paper?!”

 

“Squiggles?”, his brother in law exclaimed, “This is very complicated Kim! Besides, CG must have changed a few things on this formulae sheet because some of it makes no sense.”

 

“Hyung! I’m not the smart one here!”, Chief shouted, “Figure it out!”

 

“Kim, it’s not as easy as it seems, one wrong move and the antidrug can’t be made”

 

“Hyung, I don’t know what needs to be done, but please do something about it”, Chief Kim begged earnestly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP entered the A&E department and looked down the ward trying to find Bom. Did she not realise she was still wanted by the police? How could she just go around in broad daylight?

 

 

 

“Patient Choi in bed 16 needs stitches” A doctor handed a file to a nurse, “Can you clean up his wound for me first.”

 

“16?” TOP whispered and looked at the far end of the ward before making his way towards the bed.

 

 

Before he even reached the bed, he could hear Bom’s voice trying to make conversation with someone. The curtains were drawn, and TOP hesitated to open them knowing that he would have to face his father. But at the same time he had to get Bom out of there before someone recognised her.

 

 

“Excuse me sir, I need to see the patient” a nurse interrupted TOP and before he could move she flung open the curtains.

 

 

Bom and Mr Choi looked up to see TOP there.

 

 

“TOP?” Bom stood up, “What are you doing here?”

 

“Don’t you think I should be the one asking you that?” TOP muttered.

 

“Ani…” Bom looked back at Mr Choi and then TOP, “mianhe…but I couldn’t-“

 

“Just leave it alone”, Top finished her sentence.

 

“Are you mad?” Bom asked quietly while Mr Choi kept his gaze on his son.

 

“What do you think?”  Top replied bluntly not making eye contact with his father.

 

Bom took a deep breath and bit her lip, “…but he was injured-“

 

“Bom!!” TOP growled, “I told you to stay away from this man!”

 

 

Mr Choi’s eyes flickered guiltily and he hung his head low.

 

 

“He saved my life TOP, how could I not help?” Bom retorted.

 

“We’ll talk about this later, right now we need to go!” TOP grabbed Bom’s hand but she pulled it away.

 

“No”, Bom stepped back, “Not until he’s treated.”

 

“Bom don’t push it”, TOP muttered through gritted teeth.

 

 

But Bom went back and sat down on the chair beside Mr Choi leaving TOP fuming on the spot.

 

 

 

“Bom…you should go”, Mr Choi finally said.

 

Bom looked up at him confused, “But-“

 

“Go…Seunghyun’s waiting for you”, Mr Choi said again.

 

TOP clenched his jaw at the mention of his name.

 

Bom feeling the tension in the room slowly got up, “…I don’t feel good about leaving you Mr Choi, not in this state anyway.”

 

“I’ll be fine”, Mr Choi smiled at her, “Go on…”

 

Bom looked at Mr Choi and then at TOP before slowly making her way towards TOP.

 

 

 

“Wait outside”, TOP suddenly said to Bom.

 

“Neh?” Bom asked nervously.

 

“I said wait outside”, TOP repeated before eyeing the nurse who had been in the room the whole time.

 

 

Both Bom and the nurse left, leaving just TOP and Mr Choi there.

 

 

 

“What are you playing at now?” TOP suddenly asked his father.

 

Mr Choi looked up in confusion.

 

“What do you want? Money?” TOP asked cynically.

 

“No”, Mr Choi replied,

 

“What is it then?!” TOP growled, “If it’s money! I’ll give it to you!! You can carry on ruining that miserable life of yours but-“, TOP stepped forward, “Stay away from Bom!”

 

“That’s not it-“

 

“And stay away from me”, TOP muttered, “Stay away, do you understand?!”

 

Mr Choi looked heartbroken but what did he expect from the son he wronged so badly. But would TOP ever realise that he wanted to change his ways, and that he missed TOP?

 

TOP straightened himself and reached for the curtains.

 

 

“Seunghyun I’m sorry”

 

TOP froze, and his grip tightened on the curtains.

 

“I’m…so sorry”, Mr Choi stuttered, “If I could turn back time-“

 

“But you can’t”, TOP said numbly, “You can’t turn back time so don’t bother apologising.”

 

“Seunghyun-“
 

 

“I’m not that guy from before, I’m not your son”, TOP said turning to face him, “No matter what you say or do, it will never be enough for me.”

 

“Seunghyun-ah”, his father tried to get off the bed.

 

TOP shook his head, “You want to turn back time, but I don’t, not because of those years in jail, but because those years I spent with you were the worst days of my life. You still don’t know a fraction of what I had to do for you!”

 

Mr Choi sat back down on the bed limply, as he looked at his son.

 

“All those part time jobs before school, after school, even during breaks because you wanted money for drugs, alcohol, gambling. Every night having to wait up for you, clean up your sick, your mess when you came home drunk!”, TOP said through gritted teeth, “Being kicked out of our house more than 10 times because you used up all the money I worked for on sh!t instead of paying the rent. Having to sleep on the street because you still couldn’t be bothered to come get me, to sort everything out, to come and rescue me!!”

 

Mr Choi hung his head low in guilt. He always knew he was the worst kind of man, but hearing it from his own son hurt more than he could handle.

 

 

“You think you kicking me in jail for three ing years is all that I’m mad about?!!” TOP growled, “My whole existence was a living hell when I was with you!! So what makes you think that I would want to relive that?!!”

 

 

“…I’m…sorry”, Mr Choi shook his head.

 

TOP sighed heavily and closed his eyes, “If you’re truly sorry then do one thing for me. Stay out of my life. I’m begging you…stay out of my life, stay away from Bom…just stay away.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“CG hasn’t been back to his house since we put the cameras up”, Taeyang informed Jiyong.

 

“Did he find out about them?” Jiyong asked as he stared at the screen.

 

“Impossible”, Taeyang shook his head.

 

“No calls have been made to the house or from the house either”, Daesung added.

 

“What’s he up to?” Teddy grimaced.

 

“He’s hiding”, Jiyong said.

 

“Hiding? From who?” Daesung asked, “The police are still clueless about his criminal activities.”

 

“I don’t know”, Jiyong said darkly, “But he’s planning something…I just don’t know what.”

 

 

Seungri walked in hurriedly.

 

 

“Everything sorted with CL’s mum?” Daesung asked as soon as he arrived

 

“Neh hyung”, Seungri nodded before turning to face the screen with Jiyong, “Still nothing hyung?”

 

 

Jiyong grimaced and looked at all the empty rooms at CG’s house and shook his head.

 

 

 

 “I’ll send some men to patrol the city, see if they can find out his whereabouts”, Teddy said before leaving.

 

“Hyung, should we ask the police chief for help?”, Daesung suggested, “He might be of some use?”

 

Jiyong grimaced, not liking the idea one bit.

 

“We might not have another way of tracking him down”, Daesung added.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Young deuk is Dara inside?”Gummy, CL and Minzy walked towards Young deuk.

 

Young deuk nodded.

 

“We need to see her”, Minzy said.

 

“GD hyung said no one is allowed to enter or leave the room”, Young deuk replied.

 

“Am I just anyone?!”, Minzy exclaimed.

 

“GD hyung said especially you!”, Young deuk replied bluntly.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“He said if Minzy is around that means she’s up to something and he can’t risk Dara running off in the state that she’s in”, Young deuk explained.

 

Minzy huffed angrily, ready to bite his head off but Gummy stopped her.

 

“Young deuk, GD asked me to repeat the tests on her”, Gummy said, “So can you let us through?”

 

Young deuk looked at the fuming girl one more time before opening the door for them.

 

 

 

---------------

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara!!”, as soon as CL entered she saw Dara lying on the floor.

 

 

“UNNIE!”, Minzy ran to her and fell on her knees, “UNNIE WAKE UP!!”

 

“Young deuk!!”, Gummy called out, “Help me get her onto the bed!”

 

 

 

Young deuk picked Dara up and placed her onto the bed.

 

 

“Unnie, what’s wrong with her?!”, CL panicked as she tried to shake Dara awake.

 

Gummy checked Dara’s pulse before checking her temperature.

 

“Call the doctor! Now!”, Gummy ordered Young deuk before turning back to Dara, “dara…Dara…wake up dara”, she rubbed Dara’s hands but Dara remained unconscious.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you angry?” Bom asked TOP as they reached the HQ.

 

“What do you think?”, TOP replied bluntly.

 

 

Bom stopped in her tracks and looked at TOP, “I heard what you said to your dad.”

 

TOP rubbed his head, “And?”

 

“And…I’m sorry”, Bom said making TOP look at her in confusion, “I get it now, going back and forgiving someone like your dad is hard and maybe impossible for you. And I shouldn’t have forced you to try to reconnect with him.”

 

 

“Where…is this all coming from?” TOP asked.

 

 

“I’m just telling you I understand why you can’t forgive him”, Bom intertwined her arms around his and looked up at him warmly, “If and when you’re ready, you’ll do everything yourself. In the end you’ll do the right thing that much I know.”

 

TOP smiled back at Bom and kissed her forehead, “This doesn’t mean I’ve forgiven you.”

 

Bom pouted and looked towards the HQ just as Teddy exited.

 

 

 “Anything suspicious, you inform us immediately”, Teddy ordered three men as they stepped outside the HQ.

 

 

 

“Hyung”, Top called out for him, “What’s going on?”

 

“CG is up to something”, Teddy sighed as Bom and TOP reached him, “GD wants men in the city to check up on anything out of the ordinary.”

 

“What do you think he’s up to?” TOP asked.

 

“Who knows”, Teddy shrugged, “But I wouldn’t put anything past him.”

 

Bom suddenly noticed something from the corner of her eyes, “What’s that?”

 

The two boys turned to where she was looking at and grimaced.

 

Bom walked towards the brown envelope lying by the door.

 


“Don’t!” TOP pulled her back.

 

“Huh?”, Bom startled.

 

“Don’t go near it”, TOP repeated before he walked toward it and hooked it up with his gun. He held it up to try to see the contents. They could just make out an object inside, and TOP grabbed the envelope off his gun and shook the contents out of the envelope.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Gummy asked as the doctor checked Dara.

 

CL buried her face in her hands, she didn’t understand why this was happening to Dara.

 

 

“Please let her be ok”, Minzy prayed sincerely as she watched the doctor check Dara.

 

“She seems to be in a stable condition, nothing seems out of the ordinary”, the doctor said puzzled, “I’ll check her blood pressure again.” He started rolling Dara’s sleeve up when Gummy noticed something.

 

She grabbed Dara’s arm and her eyes widened when she saw a large green bruise, “…this wasn’t here last time…”

 

“What is it unnie?, Cl and Minzy stepped forward.

 

Gummy suddenly looked at Dara and she froze up, “…no…”

 

 

“Unnie?”, Cl shook Gummy.

 

Gummy’s face became distorted in panic and she ran out of the room.

 

“UNNIE!”, CL and Minzy shouted after her but Gummy was long gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We have a present”, TOP walked into the office with Teddy and Bom.

 

He shook the USB pen and threw it at Taeyang.

 

 

“Who’s it from?”, Jiyong asked as they all walked towards Taeyang.

 

“Found it outside” TOP replied as he went to stand next to JIyong.

 

 

Taeyang plugged the pen in and waited, “It’s a video” he furrowed his brows in confusion as he selected it.

 

 

 

“Hello”, CG smiled sickly through the screen suddenly.

 

 

Bom froze up at the sight of the man.

 

 

“What’s he playing at?”, Seungri grimaced.

 

 

 

“The big bad YG”, CG said teasingly, “You had to ruin my plans didn’t you? But it’s ok…I don’t hold grudges…but I do get what I want.”

 

 

Jiyong’s hands turned into fists as he watched the video.

 

 

 

“You see I want your E7…all of it and you’re going to give it to me”, CG grinned.

 

 

“What the is this b*stard on about?” TOP muttered angrily.

 

 

“And do you know why you’re going to give it to me?” CG started laughing like a maniac, “Because you have no choice.”

 

 

“Turn this crap off!” Jiyong hissed having had enough.

 

“I always knew the girls would be of some use to me”

 

Everyone froze up and TOP subconsciously held onto Bom’s hand protectively.

 

 

“I’m sure you’ve heard about this little drug that gives someone the most excruciating pain that the only way out is…to kill yourself”, CG explained while grinning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie”, Minzy sighed with relief as she saw Dara open her eyes.

 

Dara tried to sit up but Minzy and CL made her lie down again.

 

“You scared me you idiot”, Cl scolded her.

 

 

“Mianhe…I must have fainted”, Dara mumbled as she held onto her head weakly.

 

“Are you hurting anywhere?”, cl asked worriedly.

 

Dara shook her head, “Ani...just feel a bit tired.

 

 

 

“Is she awake?”

 

They all turned to see a pale and distressed looking Gummy by the door.

 

“Unnie where did you run off to?”, Minzy asked as Gummy slowly walked towards Dara.

 

 

“Dara…I need to take…a bit of your blood”, Gummy stuttered.

 

“…ok”, Dara looked at her confused.

 

The others saw how shaking Gummy was as she reached for Dara’s hand.

 

“Are…you ok unnie?”, Dara asked.

 

Gummy looked straight at her, “I don’t know…it all depends on this blood test.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Well you see I made a modification of this drug, a diluted version”, CG continued a he picked a little bottle up, “It kills a person in a week, slowly destroying their organs…but the best part is they don’t even know they’re going to die. Sure they’ll feel a bit of pain as their organs start deteriorating but at least the pain is bearable.”

 

 

“Why is he telling us this?”, Bom asked nervously.

 

 

“You’re probably wondering why I’m telling you all this. Well I’ll tell you, but first you should know…only I have the antidote for this drug.”

 

 

“He’s planning to poison one of us?”, Teddy asked in confusion.

 

 

“Now…”, CG started laughing, “Do you understand what I’m trying to say? If you want the antidote, you give me E7.”

 

“How mad is this guy?”Taeyang muttered in anger.

 

 

 

“Ah…before I go…how’s Dara doing? I heard she’s been a bit poorly lately” CG grinned before the screen turned black.

 

 

The gang stood there in silence, each and every one of them still staring at the blank screen.

 

 

“What…does he mean?” Bom asked TOP nervously.

 

 

Jiyong stepped back numbly. Everything started fitting in his mind, the reason Dara was sick for no reason, the reason Gummy or the Doctor couldn’t find anything wrong with her.

 

CG had drugged her. She was going to die.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gummy took Dara’s blood and took out a small transparent bag with white powder in it.

 

 

Minzy saw the bag and stopped Gummy, “Unnie….why are you….”, Minzy had seen that bag before and she knew what it was used for.

 

Even CL recognised the bag and she grabbed Gummy, “No, what are you doing? That’s impossible!”

 

 

“…what’s wrong?”, Dara said weakly.

 

“Unnie don’t even bother, it won’t work!” Minzy shook her head in denial.

 

 

“What is it-“, Dara sat slowly only to catch glimpse of the small bag. That same bag that Gummy used to determine if Young don had been poisoned last time.

 

Dara’s eyes snapped up to Gummy and widened, “….unnie…”

 

“….I…think….you’ve been poisoned Dara…”, Gummy stuttered.

 

“Poisoned?”, Dara asked in confusion, “…no….how’s that possible…I would be in pain-“

 

Gummy shook her head too, “I don’t know either, but there’s only one way to find out.”

 

Gummy closed her eyes and poured Dara’s blood sample into the bag.

 

When the colour changed Minzy turned away and took a deep breath, trying to calm herself.

 

 

 

“…Why..what does that mean?”, CL stuttered nervously.

 

“…Unnie?”, Dara asked in a daze.

 

 

 

“…it’s a positive”, Gummy whispered.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong suddenly burst into the room. But before he could get to Dara, he caught sight of the bag Gummy was holding. He stopped in his tracks and he felt like his soul had left his body.

 

Bom and the others finally reached the room too.

 

 

 

“…no…please”, Bom held onto TOP’s arm for support.

 

TOP protectively hugged her, blocking her view from Dara.

 

 

Cl stepped back and shook her head, she turned to face the boys and ran to Seungri, “Was it CG?”

 

Seungri nodded slowly.

 

CL held her breath and broke into tears, “…Seungri…you have to do something….please”

 

Seungri couldn’t say anything but hug her.

 

“You have to”, CL repeated, “Nothing can happen to Dara, please.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “…jiyong...”

 

 

JIyong’s eyes slowly left the bag and met Dara’s scared gaze. He felt numb as he stood there, his body frozen in time.

 

A tear fell from Dara’s eyes and she opened to say something, but even she was having a hard time understanding everything. Was she really going to die?

 

 

They continued to look at each other in silence, unable to do anything but that.

 

 

“ji…yong” Dara called out, her voice shook as she spoke and she closed her eyes before she called out his name again, “…jiyong”

 

Jiyong rolled his hands into fists and slowly edged towards her, a step by step.

 

 

Dara opened her eyes and looked up at him, she slowly brought her hand out to touch him, “…am…I going to die?”

 

 

He froze on the spot, just the thought sending panic throughout his entire body. This couldn’t be happening, how could this world be so cruel to take Dara away from him? Had he not lost enough, gone through enough? So why does Dara have to suffer like this? Why does she have to leave him? Why does everyone close to him have to suffer?

 

 

Dara clenched her jaw to control herself and slowly reached for his sleeve, “…jiyong”

 

Jiyong continued to stare at her without an expression, which scared Dara even more.

 

She tugged his sleeve again as a tear escaped her eyes, “…am…I going to die?”

 

Jiyong suddenly took a sharp intake of breath and he leaned his hand on the bed Dara was sitting on for support. Dara leaned her head on his shoulder and held onto his collar tightly, “…am I?”

 

Jiyong slowly collapsed onto his knees in front of her and laid his head on her lap as he cried.

 

 

 

Dara’s eyes widened and she blinked more tears down her face. She looked at the man crying in front of her and suddenly her own fears were replaced with fears for him.

 

 

 

With her shaking hand she placed her hand on his hair, “…it’s ok…”

 

Jiyong shook his head as he held onto her as if she was going to disappear right in front of him.

 

 

Dara bit her lip and tried to calm herself down, “…nothing….nothing is going to happen to me I promise.”

 

 

Jiyong looked up at her in agony but Dara nodded slowly.

 

 

“I’ll be fine…right?”, Dara tried to smile, but Jiyong could tell she was petrified inside.

 

 

Jiyong gritted his teeth and nodded slowly too.

 

More tears fell from Dara’s eyes, “Didn’t I say before…you won’t let me leave you even if I wanted to”

 

Jiyong closed his eyes and clenched his teeth before nodding again.

 

Dara smiled sadly as tears wet her cheeks, “besides….we still have to do all those things… you wanted to do…remember?”, she took a deep breath and continued, “…you still need to come home late so I can get angry at you…”

 

JIyong covered his face with his shaky hands.

 

 

“…I still need to cook you breakfast everyday before you go to work....and....and you promised me a back hug every morning remember?” Dara said through her tears.

 

 

The gang watched on with heartache. Two people who were meant for each other more than anyone else, why did they have to suffer the most? Even if they got the antidote, what’s to say it really is? All the boys knew this, CG wasn’t one to be trusted but they still had to try. But…if it didn’t work…was this really the end for Jiyong and Dara?

 

 

 

 

“This is my fault”, Jiyong shook his head.

 

“Don’t say that Jiyong”, Dara whispered.

 

 

“No…if you had never met me, you wouldn’t be here…fighting for…for your life”, Jiyong said guiltily, “I should never have met you-“

 

“That’s not true”, Dara shook her head, “If I had the chance to do this all over again, I’d do it.”

 

 

Jiyong looked at her in confusion, how could she mean that? After meeting him, she had to go through nothing but pain and sufferings. Why would she want to do it again?

 

 

“If I didn’t then…I’d never meet you”, Dara said looking sadly down at her hands.

 

  Jiyong blinked slightly and slowly held onto her tiny hands into his before leaning down to kissed her hands, “…I can’t lose you.”

 

 

Dara looked up at the ceiling to stop herself from crying more.

 

“I can’t lose you…this can’t happen”, Jiyong shook his head.

 

 

“Hey…” Dara put on a brave face and looked back at him, “I won’t abandon you ok…I’m not going…anywhere.”

 

 

Jiyong saw how hard Dara was trying to be brave for him and it cut him deep. His girl was fighting death and all she could think about was about him. Jiyong pushed himself up and suddenly brought Dara close to him before hugging her tightly. He kissed her forehead as she sat there limply, and closed his eyes dropping tears on her, “I’m not going to let anyone take you away from me.”

 

 

Dara couldn’t hold it in anymore and she finally broke down crrying heavily in his chest, she grabbed hold of his arms and sobbed her heart out.

 

 

“I’m not going to let anything happen to you”, Jiyong repeated.

 

 

 Dara continued to cry, scared of death but more than that scared of leaving him, “…Jiyong….I don’t want to leave you please, don’t make me leave you.”