It all started with One Kiss (2 Shot)

It all started with One Kiss(2 Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: It all starts with One Kiss

 

“Honey, I won’t be coming back for dinner.” An apologetic voice cooed over the phone. JaeJoong wouldn’t call it cooing, but more like pushing it. He sighed.

“It’s the third day in a row you aren’t back for dinner.” He complained, shuffling his feet as he fidgeted on the couch. He turned to his huge stuffed teddy bear on the empty space beside him and wrinkled his nose before poking the fluffy toy. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too.” The other person over the phone replied, though a little too unconvincing. JaeJoong heard stifled laughter in the background before biting his soft plump lips, chewing on them.

“Is that company dinner really so important?” Jae asked. “I mean, you have it almost every day, and none for me.” More stifled laughter in the background. JaeJoong pulled the bear into a hug, resting his chin on the soft toys head pouting hard.

More excuses given by the man over the phone. JaeJoong clipped the device to his ear, lazily resting his chin on its’ fur. It was like a tug of war except less of the war. He tried to persuade the other person to come home, yet, that man would try to push more excuses into his ear.

“I’m sorry.”

“Siwon ah…”

Yes, that man in Jae’s life was Choi Siwon. Initially after meeting, they had feelings towards each other. He was an upright man (to Jae at least) who didn’t date just to seem popular unlike those in his University. They meant on an on off basis until both of them felt really sure that they had real feeling for each other before proceeding on to the ‘more complicated’ stuff. That was until Siwon went on to the working world and Jae decided he would just stay at home to be a good ‘cook’ for him. After that their relationship seemed to waver.

JaeJoong hung up sighing the umpteenth time. It was either Siwon would come home, and head straight for bed without even giving JaeJoong some ‘him’ time or he would do what he did a moment ago.  The blondie groaned in dismay before peering at his reflection in the window.

“I’m worth someone’s love right?” He asked himself in a small whisper.

--------------------------------------------

A tight slap exited a bed room followed by a series of screaming. Shrill screaming in that matter.

“Calm down! Aren’t you taking things to irrationally?”

“Irrational? That hugged you!”

“She hugged me because I helped her with her debt and for the record that you mentioned happens to be my cousin.”

“Don’t lie to me, everyone is your cousin!”

“Aren’t you being over exaggerating now? Gosh, why did I even agree to get engaged with you in the first place if you’re so overbearing.”

The woman gasped at the sentence that she just heard. She glared at her husband to be, tall, tan, handsome, chiseled jawline small face features defined though he had a tiny flaw, if you call having a scar across down his upper cheek a flaw and those perfect lips of his. They pulled into a frown before sounds of angry footsteps paced down the winding stairs.

“I’m not done yet!”

“I am!”

The sound of the door slamming.

 

The man mumbled bitterly to himself as he pushed the door of a convenient store before randomly plucking something from the display, something cold, something sweet, maybe that would ease his fire.

“Who does she thing she is any way, telling me what to do and what not you, she’s not even my wife.” He mumbled to himself as he bit into his ice cream.

----------------------------------------------

JaeJoong pouted as he folded his arms warming his fingers under his sleeves to keep the biting cold out. The wind caressed his hair chilling him to his bone. He sighed in discontentment and unhappiness. Why did his life have to turn out this way?  The melancholic blonde sniffed as he continued to tread his lonely path. Randomly, he pulled his hand phone out and dialed for Siwon. No answer. JaeJoong rolled his eyes. Great.

He didn’t notice a man coming round the corner, when their shoulder met by accident, sending the ice cream cone in the other man’s hand onto his knitted sweater. It felt to the floor and splatted all ways.

“What the!” JaeJoong exclaimed immediately stepping back and brushing his sleeve. He hissed under his breath before taking a look at the person in front of him who seemed to be rather surprised if not dazed.  JaeJoong waved a hand. “Hello?”

“Huh?” The other man snapped out of his daze before peering at the floor smeared with his now destroyed ice cream.  He scratched his head and grinned crookedly.

JaeJoong sighed. “I’ll get you a new one if that’s ok with you.”

“No, no it’s ok. I’ll pass.” The taller man shrugged. “How about your sweater?”

“I’m fine.” JaeJoong rubbed his sleeve.” See, no stains.”

“Under the weather huh.” The man observed before asking.

JaeJoong blinked in surprise. “Y-yeah.” Moment of silence. “You too?”

“You guessed. It’s just not my day.”

JaeJoong laughed awkwardly before nodding slowly. “Yeah… So, I’ll just get going?” He suggested before taking a step back again.

“Oh! Oh yeah, sure.”

He watched as the smaller man turned around, heading in the opposite direction when he’s mind decided to act on it’s on.

“Wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter