Chapter 4

Reuniting The Separated

A/N: I see that you guyrs are confused. lol sorry guys, I should have made it clearer. T_T The first and/or second chapter is in their pov but after that, it's all in the author's POV until I put ____'s POV before I start typing. lol does that even make sense?

 

Author’s P.O.V

 

Part 1: Dissolving of Conflicts

DBSK’s dorm

28th February 2013

8:34 p.m.

 

“So... Why don’t you start by resolving all of your conflicts?”

 

“Good idea, Seungyeon-ah,” Jaejoong said.

 

“Did you or did you not receive our calls and messages? If yes, why did you lie?”

 

“We… We did receive your calls and texts, Jaejoong-ah. It’s just that we can’t go around saying “We’re still in contact with JYJ, the ones who left DBSK and we might unite and overthrow SME for all the sufferings they’ve caused their main money-makers”. We won’t see sunlight if we did,” Yunho explained.

 

“Fair enough,”

 

“What about my tweet? So what if I called the staff enemies? They ABUSED us, Changmin-ah and you called my actions ‘not respectable of a human-being’. It’s Twitter. Don’t you think I get to express the things I’m not able to because of them?”

 

“Yes, Junsu hyung. I know but I can’t agree to your tweet. It’ll mean that I’m agreeing to the unfairness of the situation and it’ll cause SM their reputation. They can’t afford to lose that,”

 

“If all that you did was controlled, why didn’t you come our way?”

 

Silence engulfed the room. The former members of DBSK were tortured day and night with that very question. If it was so bad, why didn’t they join them? On the other hand, the TVXQ members knew this question would be asked one day, if day ever meet up again. They thought it was impossible with all the sasaeng fans and SM observing them.

 

-Flashback-

 

2:30 a.m.

 

Yoochun watched as the minutes ticked by, wishing he could go to sleep. He was exhausted by the day’s event and all he could do was stare at the music sheet in hand. Sighing, he took a sip from his cup of coffee and began wondering. Is this all worth it? As he was about to doze off, he heard the sound of the door unlocking. Yoochun knew who that would be. It wasn’t rare for their days to end late. Staring back at his music sheet, he heard the sound of Youngwoong Jaejoong stumbling into the room.

 

“I’m… back,” He could barely say the last word before he collapsed into a chair.

 

“Welcome back, hyung. Let me guess. Late day at the recording studio, the sasaeng fans knew and they chased you all the way here before the bodyguard could throw them out?”

 

“Yeah, for the 1150th time since debut. Still working out on that song, Yoochun-ah?”

 

“Yeah,”

 

“I don’t know why you bother composing songs when we all know that SM won’t even give it a try,” The eldest spat bitterly.

 

“A guy can dream,”

 

“Well, good luck with that dream. As long as you’re a part of SM Town, that dream will never come true. Unless…”

 

Yoochun was astounded. Is his hyung suggesting what he thinks he is?

 

“What do you mean, hyung?” He asked, warily.

 

“Yoochun, don’t you feel tired of getting bruises every day? Don’t you feel sick of being forced to work 24/7? Plus, we’re being worked to the bone, we earned lots of money but where does the money go? Definitely not into our bank accounts. This is going to go on until our 13 year contract ends. Imagine, 13 years of abuse and mistreatment. We’re humans too!”

 

Yoochun was shocked. His Jaejoong hyung was never the type to rant about stuff. He’ll usually keep it inside and drag the matter into his grave. Bribe him with Yunho and he still won’t talk. This could only mean that his hyung has reached his limit, that he can’t tolerate, what was it again? 13 years of abuse and… mistreatment? Isn’t it the same? Maybe… his hyung meant it in another way?

 

“Hyung, what do you mean by ‘mistreatment’?”

 

Jaejoong froze. He had accidentally let the cat out of the bag. He wasn’t planning on telling anyone his discovery. Might as well do it all alone if you’re the only one who knows about it. That way, it won’t jeopardize DBSK as a whole. Knowing that he can’t keep anything away from the others for long, he let out a sigh.

 

“I’ll tell you and the others tomorrow,”

 

-The next day-

 

“Guys, let’s sue SME,”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“Chun-ah, remember what I told you about mistreatment? What I meant was, Soo Man sunbaenim sneaked in a few extra activities into our daily schedule without our consent. Our contract terms have been extended and changed without our knowledge. Throw in the abuse we constantly receive and the unfairness of our profit distribution, isn’t that enough? We’re human beings too. I didn’t sign up for this job to be treated as slaves,”

 

Heavy silence followed the words of the eldest. No one dared to break the awkward silence that has begun, threatening their bond. U-Know Yunho, Micky Yoochun, Xiah Junsu and Max Changmin were processing the harsh reality. After minutes of pondering, one brave soul decided to speak up.

 

“How did you know that Soo Man sunbaenim did those things?” U-Know said.

 

“Soo Man sunbaenim called me into his room to discuss about my concept for our comeback but he was busy at that time so I waited outside his door. I accidentally overheard his conversation with manager hyung. That’s how I found out,”

 

U-Know opened his mouth to retort but closed it almost immediately. Hero Jaejoong was not the type to lie. Conceal things? Yes but lying? Nope. Not in a million years.

 

 “I’m not going to sue them,” Yunho said at last.

 

Standing up, he turned back to look at his lover, frowned, then left the room.

 

“Me too,” The youngest said as he, too, stood up and left the room.

 

Jaejoong looked at the other two.

 

“It’s okay, you can leave too. It was just a random idea. I-“

 

“Hyung, let’s do this,” Junsu spoke up.

 

“Yeah. I’ve had enough,” Yoochun joined in.

 

-End of flashback-

 

“To be honest, I thought that you were being ridiculous. Why should we betray the people who helped us reach where we are now? After you left, I realized. I wasn’t staying because I’m being loyal to SM, I was staying because I’m too damn afraid to break out of my comfort zone, venturing to the unknown without any guarantees. It reminded me of the time when I went to Seoul just to audition without any preparations. How I thought that I would give it a shot, knowing that if I failed, I might not have enough money to get a train ticket back home but I still went to the audition. Getting all my CDs taken away by some hooligan still didn’t ruin my spirit. Now that I think off it, I guess I lost my fighting spirit. I guess I got too comfortable with the fact that it will be alright as long as I don’t do the spontaneous. I should have realized this earlier. Without that spirit, the adventurous side of me, I wouldn’t be here in the first place. Yes, it’s true that SM gave us that chance but if we didn’t put any effort into it, we won’t be where we are now,”

 

“As for me, I stayed because I didn’t want Yunho hyung to be left all alone. I knew that you three hyungs would leave and that Yunho hyung was going to stay. I didn’t want Yunho hyung to be like Kangta hyung. You saw how he was at the office. Always looking back at the H.O.T records hanging on the walls of SM. Now I regret not persuading Yunho hyung to leave,”

 

Silence ensued. It wasn’t an awkward silence but a comfortable one.

 

“Oh and I get what your songs are hinting at, Jaejoongie~” Yunho said, smirking.

 

“I got what your songs are hinting at too, Yunnie,” Jaejoong said as he smiled.

 

“Oh my God guys. Seriously, can’t you give me a break? I’ve been cockbloking you guys for years,”

 

“Shut it, Shim. Let them be,” President of the YunJae fanclub, Park Yoochun, voiced out.

 

Junsu, being the oblivious dolphin he will always be, still could not comprehend what was going on so he remained silent.

 

“So, what do we do now?” Changmin asked.

 

“Get JYJ on broadcast,” Replied the guardian.

 

The idiom, ‘easier said than done’, proved to be 100% accurate as the guardian has tried her best to make these dimwits understand. It wasn’t easy for her to do this since no one else can see her. She had no other choice but to leave a few anonymous letters, asking them, the head producers of each broadcasting station, to meet up with her. She ended up doing something she was proud of.

 

-Flashback-

 

This is my 5th and final letter to all of you. I warn you that if you do not pay any attention, I will haunt you and your loved ones. This is 100% real.

 

As the producer was about to throw the letter away, he heard the door open. He looked at the door and saw that no one was there. Suddenly, the door closed with a slam. He could hear footsteps but he was sure that no one else was there apart from him. Scared, he was about to run for his life when he heard a noise coming from the whiteboard.

 

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE. ATTEND THIS MEETING OR DIE PAINFULLY. I WILL MAKE SURE YOU EXPERIENCE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH AFTER I’VE KILLED ALL OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS IN FRONT OF YOU. THEN, I WOULD SET YOUR HOUSE ON FIRE BEFORE YOUR EYES. THINK TWICE. BE WISE.

 

-End of flashback-

 

“Please, just hear me out. Think about it. SM said that if any of you were to let JYJ on broadcast, they won’t let SM artists perform, right? If all of you let JYJ on broadcast, that’ll mean that SM has no choice but to let their artists comeback because if it were to follow it’s threats, it won’t have the chance to let their artists perform. Will they get any benefit from it? NO! But you, you’ll have ratings skyrocket out the roof! Think of all the profit you could get. It has been a long time since JYJ has been on broadcast so naturally; it will have a big impact. Let’s say you’re corrupted and SM wanted to expose your corruption during the end-of-the-year shows, it’s not your reputation that’s going to be ruined but SM Entertainment. You’ve got to admit, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu are golden when it comes to variety shows. Come on, people. Use that head of yours for once,”

 

Seungyeon frowned, cracking her hands after writing a long paragraph on why JYJ should be let on broadcast.

 

When they showed no response, Seungyeon thought that history should be repeated twice.

 

OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO DIE BY MY HANDS?

 

The response was almost immediate as all of the head producers raced each other to phone cJes Entertainment.

 

My work here is done. Seungyeon thought as she poofed her way back to DBSK’s dorm.

 

“You haven’t been here in a while. What have you been doing?” Changmin asked.

 

With that, Seungyeon gathered all of the DBSK members and told them what she did.

 

“No. Way. That’s so cool!” Junsu exclaimed.

 

Suddenly, Jaejoong’s phone rang.

 

“Hello? Running Man? Next week? Sure! We would love to! I’ll tell the others since they’re with me. Sure! Thanks again. Bye. I’ll hang up first,” Jaejoong said before he hung up on the CEO.

 

“Guess what, guys? We’ve booked our first appearance on broadcast since the past 4 years,”

 

 

 

 

 

-Next update on Reuniting The Seperated-

 

“Five…” He mouthed, still smiling, hoping that the fans will get what he meant.

 

Curse my luck. It’s a good thing I have this disguise on. Yoochun thought as he ran for his life.

 

“RUN!” Junsu shouted.