Silent Night

Floral Prints

 

“Hey lets go home!” Jinyoung said with a cheery smile.

“Its not your home! Its only temporary right?” I crossed my hands and stamped my foot in mock anger.

Jinyoung came over and put his hands on my shoulder and gave me a massage. “Okay, okay boss.”

In the silent night, Jinyoung and I walked the streets back to my dorm. He, of course, still wearing his floral prints. In the darkness of the night, where yellow Victorian-style lamps only illuminated the streets, snow flurries fell on Jinyoung and I like a shower of confetti raining from the sky. Mist escaped my lips with every breath I took and I shivered in the cold.

Jinyoung turned and noticed this and thus took off his light pink sweater and draped it around my shoulder. He then wrapped an arm around my waist with the other on my shoulder. His body heat was extremely comforting though I did feel awkward that we both appeared as girls but nonetheless, I was extremely touched he was going through the freezing night in only a strapless dress to make sure I was comfortable. I put a hand to his cheek only to be met with ice. Jinyoung was obviously freezing and yet he gave me a weak smile with his pale lips.

“Hey, it's the only thing I can do since you’re letting me stay.” But as the words left him, I could feel his strength leaving him. I draped his sweater back around him and yet again he pushed it to me.

It was an interesting sight as two people, one way taller than the other, huddled in a baby pink wool sweater walked home.